russling

Pico TKO a few minutes ago

1 minute ago, Dr. Novak said:

Cornell and I'm a successful  hotel manager for a major corporation.

You seem quite impressed by this, and likley think others will be, too.

Of course, there are some here that may chuckle a bit, while wondering why a Cornell grad would end up managing a hotel? 

12 hours ago, hammerlockthree said:

Someone running their mouth about a sport they quit...isn't a good look.

It's great you know a guy, but passing on 3rd hand paraphrases never does anyone any good. 

BY THE WAY....chamizo is 74k. not 65.

12 hours ago, hammerlockthree said:

Who says he did that? 

you are expanding on the paraphrase of a third hand rumor......

we need some discipline in our discourse people. 

Please explain why 74k vs 65 k really matters when training and deserves a BTW in all caps?

Have you watched the training videos? Seems to me if you can take a guy down and get in on shots your hanging tough.  I’m expanding on the narrative because I have watched some of the training. You?  Yes we do need discipline. 

10 hours ago, Dr. Novak said:

Thank goodness he has that college degree to fall back on.

Actually part of his contract stipulated that his college education would be paid for by either Bellator or his sponsors (I forget which).  So yes, he does have that to fall back on.  You are aware that Cejudo also completed a masters degree too, right?  

1 hour ago, TripNSweep said:

Actually part of his contract stipulated that his college education would be paid for by either Bellator or his sponsors (I forget which).  So yes, he does have that to fall back on.  You are aware that Cejudo also completed a masters degree too, right?  

From that online school? 

2 minutes ago, Billyhoyle said:

From that online school? 

Most colleges have an online component now.  GCU has a pretty nice campus in west Phoenix and is a real university.  Even though they cut wrestling they are still a real, accredited college. 

27 minutes ago, TripNSweep said:

Most colleges have an online component now.  GCU has a pretty nice campus in west Phoenix and is a real university.  Even though they cut wrestling they are still a real, accredited college. 

It was still a for profit mainly online school, which many (including myself) considered to be predatory education. It was like the university of Phoenix. And while many schools have online classes now, an entire online degree isn’t worth much if anything at all. 

8 hours ago, Old Corps said:

You seem quite impressed by this, and likley think others will be, too.

Of course, there are some here that may chuckle a bit, while wondering why a Cornell grad would end up managing a hotel? 

Because Cornell has the best hotel administration program in the country....you smug dork.

4 minutes ago, hammerlockthree said:

Because Cornell has the best hotel administration program in the country....you smug dork.

Ease up, 

That idiot is trolling by saying he’s a Cornell grad and runs a hotel. 

Effectively, in your case, it appears.

Some say he’s from the Lehigh Valley.

Wherever he’s from, he has a habit of demeaning other people’s college degrees and intelligence. 

He appears to be the smug one here.

I’m pretty sure someone you know really well is the dork.

1 hour ago, Billyhoyle said:

It was still a for profit mainly online school, which many (including myself) considered to be predatory education. It was like the university of Phoenix. And while many schools have online classes now, an entire online degree isn’t worth much if anything at all. 

Actually they became a non profit several years ago.  Also a lot of colleges, including my alma mater try to recruit students the exact same way as GCU and UofP do and did.  

17 minutes ago, TripNSweep said:

Actually they became a non profit several years ago.  Also a lot of colleges, including my alma mater try to recruit students the exact same way as GCU and UofP do and did.  

They were for profit while he was a “student” and being paid to promote their scam. Profits from tuition should not be going to shareholders. 

21 hours ago, TBar1977 said:

Self delusion thinking he could flip a switch and beat world level wrestlers after being out of the sport this long.

He has an inflated sense of himself.

I don't know if Pico actually believes that or not. What I do know is a lot of people on this board seem to think that, because he beat Zane however many years ago, he is still better than Zane and can walk right onto the mat after his absence and pick right back up where he left off. Talk about crazy. Now if he comes back to wrestling full-time, there's a good chance he can get back to where he was but it's not a guarantee and it's certainly not likely that he will step back in at the same spot and skill level as when he left. I hope he does come back and, if and when he does, he will have a chance to make a national team but it's going to take a lot of work. In fact, IMO, if he were to retire from MMA today, I think it is too late for him to even think about making the Olympic team.

3 hours ago, Billyhoyle said:

They were for profit while he was a “student” and being paid to promote their scam. Profits from tuition should not be going to shareholders. 

He signed an endorsement deal to promote their university, and part of that was he got free tuition.  I know he was paid on top of that too.  Other colleges use people with vague connections to promote themselves, so it isn't that shocking.  The college I graduated from advertises all over the place too, so it isn't a big deal.  

3 hours ago, ConnorsDad said:

I don't know if Pico actually believes that or not. What I do know is a lot of people on this board seem to think that, because he beat Zane however many years ago, he is still better than Zane and can walk right onto the mat after his absence and pick right back up where he left off. Talk about crazy. Now if he comes back to wrestling full-time, there's a good chance he can get back to where he was but it's not a guarantee and it's certainly not likely that he will step back in at the same spot and skill level as when he left. I hope he does come back and, if and when he does, he will have a chance to make a national team but it's going to take a lot of work. In fact, IMO, if he were to retire from MMA today, I think it is too late for him to even think about making the Olympic team.

Not necessarily. Jaime Espinal won an Olympic silver medal at the age of 27 despite having spent 8 or so years breakdancing instead of wrestling.

13 minutes ago, TripNSweep said:

He signed an endorsement deal to promote their university, and part of that was he got free tuition.  I know he was paid on top of that too.  Other colleges use people with vague connections to promote themselves, so it isn't that shocking.  The college I graduated from advertises all over the place too, so it isn't a big deal.  

Does the college you graduated from return profit to shareholders?  If the answer is yes, then you got scammed out of an education. 

1 hour ago, Billyhoyle said:

Does the college you graduated from return profit to shareholders?  If the answer is yes, then you got scammed out of an education. 

GCU doesn't either.  They were losing money and had to abandon the for profit model also because they were implicitly threatened by the NCAA.  Also my college just gives a lot of money to our president if things go well.  Which is stupid because he's an *******.  

2 hours ago, Katie said:

Not necessarily. Jaime Espinal won an Olympic silver medal at the age of 27 despite having spent 8 or so years breakdancing instead of wrestling.

We've all seen what a great draw can do, he had been back wrestling over 2 years by 2012 and he did not have to go through the US trials just to make the team.

Edited by ConnorsDad
Correction