russling

Pico TKO a few minutes ago

Well its good to know Zain only lost to 0 time junior world champ pico, instead of Phenom Pico, over and over again. On the senior level (which trumps juniors) Pico made the finals of the Olympic team trials, which is better then most of those guys have done on the senior level. So basically, only 2 people on that list should be on that list, with Fix tbd. Pico losing to yazdani in the finals of worlds doesnt make him any less of a wrestler then any of the guys you mentioned, outside of Snyder, and Cox. But Cox started his domination on the senior circuit much later then picos attempt.

1 hour ago, Molsen said:

Well its good to know Zain only lost to 0 time junior world champ pico, instead of Phenom Pico, over and over again. On the senior level (which trumps juniors) Pico made the finals of the Olympic team trials, which is better then most of those guys have done on the senior level. So basically, only 2 people on that list should be on that list, with Fix tbd. Pico losing to yazdani in the finals of worlds doesnt make him any less of a wrestler then any of the guys you mentioned, outside of Snyder, and Cox. But Cox started his domination on the senior circuit much later then picos attempt.

There are plenty of knowledgeable wrestling fans that believe wining Jr. Gold is extremely difficult and certainly harder then making a USA world team final. Then factor in how Pico essentially got a bye in the semis against a severely injured wrestler that tossed him around like a rag doll the previous time they met and I believe your opinion is rather dubious. But hey you keep hanging from Pico's jock because he beat Zain a few times back when Pico was essentially training as a professional while Zain was splitting time with folk style and going to college classes. 

Edited by Flying-Tiger

33 minutes ago, Flying-Tiger said:

There are plenty of knowledgeable wrestling fans that believe wining Jr. Gold is extremely difficult and certainly harder then making a USA world team final. Then factor in how Pico essentially got a bye in the semis against a severely injured wrestler that tossed him around like a rag doll the previous time they met and I believe your opinion is rather dubious. But hey you keep hanging from Pico's jock because he beat Zain a few times back when Pico was essentially training as a professional while Zain was splitting time with folk style and going to college classes. 

Pico not getting a gold medal because of Yazdani doesn't make pico a worse wrestler then our other junior champs. Pico was elite for his age, and needed to be to beat Zain as much as he did. He was a great prospect, for MMA, and looked like he would have been representing us had he stuck with it. Its irrelevant because his management let him down, and rushed his whole career. Now whether they turn it around or not is a different question. Pico was better then you seem to be giving him credit for, but its stupid to argue, because he slowed down his wrestling growth by switching sports, so Zain has passed him. But to pretend Pico was just another wrestler and only made the Olympic trials finals because he got lucky, seems ridiculous. 

Edited by Molsen

6 hours ago, Old Corps said:

^^^^

That’s a compelling argument, backed up by facts. 

Thanks!

Actually it’s a HORRIBLY thin argument based on cherry picked and very limited results including results from accomplishments of wrestlers after 19 in NCAA competition which Pico would forego to go straight into MMA.

So, cadet gold doesn’t count. Junior Silver and Bronze, in back to back years, don’t count. Making the Olympic trial finals at 19 doesn’t count(while winning 1 out of 3 and actually out scoring his opponent). Senior level tournament medals while in High School don’t count.  But, freestyle and ncaa results AFTER 19 count for the other guys even though Pico stopped competing. 

Brilliant, compelling “facts”......

Yes, let's promote the talents of a man who decided not to go to college. Great example for our children. And then picks a career that requires multiple concussions to succeed.

Yea, I'm on board with that. See Johnny, what you can be when you grow up.

3 hours ago, MSU158 said:

Actually it’s a HORRIBLY thin argument based on cherry picked and very limited results including results from accomplishments of wrestlers after 19 in NCAA competition which Pico would forego to go straight into MMA.

So, cadet gold doesn’t count. Junior Silver and Bronze, in back to back years, don’t count. Making the Olympic trial finals at 19 doesn’t count(while winning 1 out of 3 and actually out scoring his opponent). Senior level tournament medals while in High School don’t count.  But, freestyle and ncaa results AFTER 19 count for the other guys even though Pico stopped competing. 

Brilliant, compelling “facts”......

Consider switching to decaf. 

2 hours ago, dwkeller said:

Yes, let's promote the talents of a man who decided not to go to college. Great example for our children. And then picks a career that requires multiple concussions to succeed.

Yea, I'm on board with that. See Johnny, what you can be when you grow up.

^^^^

That’s not a compelling argument, and it is based more on emotions, pettiness and arrogance than facts. 

20 minutes ago, Old Corps said:

Add daily mediation to the decaf. 

What topic would I be “mediating”? Or, if not I, what type of “mediator” should I seek?  I often deal in “mediation” through work, but I fail to see how it really fits into this topic...........sort of like your posts!  

29 minutes ago, MSU158 said:

What topic would I be “mediating”? Or, if not I, what type of “mediator” should I seek?  I often deal in “mediation” through work, but I fail to see how it really fits into this topic...........sort of like your posts!  

You need a mediator to help you peacefully coexist with others who don’t share your opinions on Pico. 

Maybe we can recruit Minkel to be the mediator, since your personalities are similar and you hold him in high regard?

Don’t answer right away. 

Meditate.

You’ll find the right answer.