Sign in to follow this  
jackwebster

What is wrong with Thomas Gilman?

7 minutes ago, Shiraz123 said:

Have to subscribe to watch. What did he do?

When asked to say something about Fix, he demurred, citing his mom's advice "If you don't have anything nice to say about someone, don't say anything at all."

What about "he's a great competitor, and I am looking forward to tomorrow"? Cliche, but at least you don't come off as ... uhh ... I don't know ... someone with a personality disorder.

Edited by jackwebster

12 minutes ago, simple said:

He has a different sense of humor than you and most people. He also takes wrestling more seriously than 99.999% of wrestlers. Nothing is wrong with him.

I thought his ref joke was funny.

But, do you think he was joking about never turning his back on the enemy? Was he joking about the peacock stuff?

Edited by jackwebster

There's nothing wrong with him and it's not that complicated. He does this to give himself an edge. He feels it helps him wrestle and I can understand that given his style as a bruiser. When he's not in competition mode, he's actually a pretty quiet, chill, and maybe even shy guy from my brief interaction with him and everything I've heard from others. He reminds me a bit of Daniel Dennis too, which makes sense given how tight they were at Iowa. When you boil it down, he's just out there having some fun the same way a guy like DT hams it up out there, just in a different way. If you don't like it, you don't have to watch the interviews.

1 hour ago, jackwebster said:

I thought his ref joke was funny.

But, do you think he was joking about never turning his back on the enemy? Was he joking about the peacock stuff?

Yes. It's part of his whole schtick. Also, the peacock stuff is completely misunderstood by most people. He was calling others peacocks, not himself. He fancies himself more of a blue collar workhouse type of character, not a "show pony" as he put it at trials. It was in the context of him being asked why he doesn't use social media to trash talk or elevate his profile.

i was going to say he doesn't finish his takedowns, he sits on the mat waiting for fix to counter him... or gets so extended he is lying on his belly, arms above his head.

but this is just another personal smear thread.

i dont really like gilman, but i kind of get him.