RJChicago

Thomas Gilman History

2 hours ago, nhs67 said:

Ever so much, I suppose.

You're the one exhibiting instabilities and insecurities here, though.  Not me.  You can't seem to keep your mouth shut long enough to understand this, though.  You really should read the entire thread again to see how much of an idiot you appear to be.

Cute ;-)

18 minutes ago, gimpeltf said:

That is interesting.  I have heard many Oklahomans refer to Ok** State .  This must be one of those eccentric loyalties my mama taught me.  For example, I was allowed to say whatever I wanted about my brother in his presence but I would get a licking if I let somebody outside our family say the same thing.

2 minutes ago, Plasmodium said:

That is interesting.  I have heard many Oklahomans refer to Ok** State .  This must be one of those eccentric loyalties my mama taught me.  For example, I was allowed to say whatever I wanted about my brother in his presence but I would get a licking if I let somebody outside our family say the same thing.

I was the same. A good friend of mine that was a big-time wrestling reporter from Ok mentioned it to me once when I said that (Okie St). I still say it but not as regularly as I think about it.

part of that is OSU is the weaker lil brother ...kind of like how ISU is treated in Iowa.

Im not a huge fan of Gilman. mostly b/c he was a merc from Iowa wrestling at Skutt.

I really dont think Gilman meant anything by the comment. He had no idea it would cause as much outrage as it apparently has and it shouldn't have. If her were going to WANT to offend the other wrestler i can think of much more offensive and clearly offensive words he would have used.

But what really happened is his history with antics made everyone assume the worst about him.

Edited by GockeS

Geez, all this over a guy that probably will never make another world team. It will be interesting to see if he is picked up as a coach at some point considering his antics over the years. I know he prides himself on not caring what others think, but it will be a factor in the hiring process. 

Edited by Flying-Tiger