qc8223

Steveson in trouble

I hope this turns out to be nothing, but if its not, it's not surprising that yet another top Calibre guy thinks hes invincible and immune.  Tis a shame if true, as this would detail his entire future, let alone career.  

9 minutes ago, treep2000 said:

I hope this turns out to be nothing, but if its not, it's not surprising that yet another top Calibre guy thinks hes invincible and immune.  Tis a shame if true, as this would detail his entire future, let alone career.  

This is why hero worship makes me sick. It's at an all time high. 

32 minutes ago, hammerlockthree said:

I'm gonna need some details. This isn't good, but it could still be almost anything.

Not sure what you mean by "almost anything." He was arrested for an alleged sexual assault after a 911 call reporting the incident. He could be innocent, but it's not like there are a wide range of possibilities of what happened. It's not going to come out that he was picked up for jaywalking or public intoxication. He either committed sexual assault or he didn't. If you're implying that not all forms of sexual assault are serious, I think you should do some re-evaluating. Doesn't look good for him regardless as this will probably follow him for a while no matter how it shakes out.

Hope it’s a a mistake and he’s a better person than that.

This would set the Gophers “comeback” back a long time. It also could and maybe should cost Eggum his job. Another scandal involving multiple wrestlers so soon after claiming to rebuild based on character.

4 minutes ago, qc8223 said:

Not sure what you mean by "almost anything." He was arrested for an alleged sexual assault after a 911 call reporting the incident. He could be innocent, but it's not like there are a wide range of possibilities of what happened. It's not going to come out that he was picked up for jaywalking or public intoxication. He either committed sexual assault or he didn't. If you're implying that not all forms of sexual assault are serious, I think you should do some re-evaluating. Doesn't look good for him regardless as this will probably follow him for a while no matter how it shakes out.

Let's say his former girlfriend had a few drinks, went to his place, stuff goes down, she goes right to the cops. 

I have no reason to think that's what happened, but as we are an hour into this scandal, it seems the appropriate thing to do is wait as opposed to pretending I understand whats going on. 

Edited by hammerlockthree

The burden of proof for Title IX investigations is generally less than criminal prosecution. Let's see if charges are brought first, but whether or not he goes to jail, he very well may be done wrestling for Minnesota. And that very well may be deserved-but we shall see what the charges are (if any).  

Edited by Billyhoyle

6 minutes ago, Billyhoyle said:

The burden of proof for Title IX investigations is generally less than criminal prosecution. Let's see if charges are brought first, but whether or not he goes to jail, he very well may be done wrestling for Minnesota. And that very well may be deserved-but we shall see what the charges are (if any).  

Him being done at Minnesota (and maybe all college wrestling) seems likely, especially with the current crackdown on sexual assault on college campuses (a positive development imo). Athletic administrations have been quick to act on this issue recently. If formal charges are in fact filed, I don't think there's much chance Gable suits up this year even if he ends up being found innocent.

1 hour ago, treep2000 said:

or someone out to make a buck

1 hour ago, qc8223 said:

No, alleged criminal sexual conduct. Not sexual assault. 

56 minutes ago, qc8223 said:

Him being done at Minnesota (and maybe all college wrestling) seems likely, especially with the current crackdown on sexual assault on college campuses (a positive development imo). Athletic administrations have been quick to act on this issue recently. If formal charges are in fact filed, I don't think there's much chance Gable suits up this year even if he ends up being found innocent.

If it’s just for this year, can he redshirt?