klehner

Date set for Dake/Dierenger

According to that serial liar (or so I'm told) Rob Koll:

Kyle Dake will wrestle for his spot for the National Team on August 17. Kyle suffered an injury earlier in the year and only recently has been able to train at the level necessary to prepare for the WTT’s. No site has yet been selected.

He also had some things to say about Yianni and the path forward, but since he really can't be believed, I won't repeat it.

Edited by klehner

If you're Alex Dieringer do you participate in an international tournament between now and the wrestle-off as a tuneup? Is he allowed? I'm guessing there's no time and maybe not worth the risk but it would be great to see him log some additional matches before Worlds. 

36 minutes ago, klehner said:

According to that serial liar (or so I'm told) Rob Koll:

He also had some things to say about Yianni and the path forward, but since he really can't be believed, I won't repeat it.

I'd love to hear what he had to say about Yianni and the path forward, if you don't mind sharing.

I don't think there is anything new, but this is what Koll said about Yianni: "

Yianni Diakomihalis won the US Open but lost both his matches in the Final X, which determines who will represent the US at the Senior World Championships. In the second match Yianni was winning when the final buzzer sounded. In what I consider one of the more egregious misapplications of the rules, or total disregard for the rules, the match was overturned in protest. Without going into too much detail we have filed our official protest to the appropriate parties and are hopeful that the results of the second match will be overturned and Yianni will have an opportunity to wrestle the third and final bout. If our protest is denied Yianni will continue to prepare for the Olympic Trials."

1 hour ago, treep2000 said:

I think we should get this thread deleted by mentioning the name... Gulp... Steveson. 

It's almost not fair, they have Willis and the ex moderator monitoring the boards.  Wont be able to slip anything by them.

On ‎6‎/‎17‎/‎2019 at 4:44 PM, NJDan said:

I don't think there is anything new, but this is what Koll said about Yianni: "

Yianni Diakomihalis won the US Open but lost both his matches in the Final X, which determines who will represent the US at the Senior World Championships. In the second match Yianni was winning when the final buzzer sounded. In what I consider one of the more egregious misapplications of the rules, or total disregard for the rules, the match was overturned in protest. Without going into too much detail we have filed our official protest to the appropriate parties and are hopeful that the results of the second match will be overturned and Yianni will have an opportunity to wrestle the third and final bout. If our protest is denied Yianni will continue to prepare for the Olympic Trials."

can someone please reveal the results of the official protest?

same day as the Dake wrestle off would work.