2td3nf

Adam Coon & Kyle Snyder hitting the gut wrench

i wasn't paying near as much attention to snyder as i was to coon and schultz, but, coon's gut was less a function of his gut and way more a function of schultz's absolutely horrible par terre defense...

it was shockingly bad... 

i have been on the fence with the OTC for the last year for greco training... that was the last straw... schultz getting teched in a co0caine heartbeat because he had no clue what proper par terre defense is... and this is after physically moving coon around and slipping off a suspect head lock...

shameful

9 minutes ago, LJB said:

it's ridiculously easy when they lay on a elbow and concede the position...

Honest question: What is the bottom man supposed to do, lie flat so the top guy can't lock around the gut?

43 minutes ago, NJDan said:

Honest question: What is the bottom man supposed to do, lie flat so the top guy can't lock around the gut?

If the top guy isn’t a chump he will get the lock... 

most are chumps...

when he gets the lock you get off your elbows and look into the gut... don’t be a pu$$y... you take the squeeze and move on...

touch an elbow to the mat and it’s over...

it’s not rocket science... there is no big secret... still surprising how many have no clue... offense and defense...

no one likes to practice gut offense/defense because it suks...

guts steal your soul... 

not much better than solid par Terre offense/defense...

3 minutes ago, CoachWrestling said:

I can assure he’s trained the position many times with coaches who know 100 times more than you, let’s be real. 

Let’s be real...

did he lay on his elbow or not?

easy enough question...

i could talk about the room he was in as a youngster... I could talk about the first time he threw bisek on his head... I could talk about the OTC practices he’s been in recently... 

anyone with even rudimentary knowledge could point out the mistakes...

7 hours ago, LJB said:

Let’s be real...

easy enough question...

i could talk about the room he was in as a youngster... I could talk about the first time he threw bisek on his head... I could talk about the OTC practices he’s been in recently... 

anyone with even rudimentary knowledge could point out the mistakes...

You constantly post stuff like this. You’d think you would be a high level coach by now. Are you?

8 hours ago, LJB said:

Let’s be real...

easy enough question...

No he did not lay on his elbow...go back and re-watch the match. He only went to his elbow after Coon was driving his shoulder in-seems Coon still has a bit too much horsepower for the 18-year-old.

I was incredibly impressed with Schultz and feel all he’s missing is a bit of physical maturity.

2 hours ago, Jon_Kozak said:

No he did not lay on his elbow...go back and re-watch the match. He only went to his elbow after Coon was driving his shoulder in-seems Coon still has a bit too much horsepower for the 18-year-old.

I was incredibly impressed with Schultz and feel all he’s missing is a bit of physical maturity.

you are totally incorrect... in the first match he was totally on his elbow getting rolled around like a novice... in the second match, he actually displayed some proper par terre defense...

3 hours ago, Housebuye said:

You constantly post stuff like this. You’d think you would be a high level coach by now. Are you?

i am no coach, but, have been around all of the best coaching in this country... been around absolutely awful coaching as well...

12 minutes ago, LJB said:

you are totally incorrect... in the first match he was totally on his elbow getting rolled around like a novice... in the second match, he actually displayed some proper par terre defense...

Did you re-watch the match or are you just going from memory? 

In the first match-he got off his elbows and onto his hands. But every time Coon drove his shoulder in and ran his feet, he went to the elbow. It comes to a point where he probably just doesn’t have the strength to keep good position when Coon is driving in for the turn. 

The adjustment made in the second match was that he arched his back more and got his head higher. So you’re correct in saying he displayed better defense in the second match, but it wasn’t a matter of laying on his elbows.

i actually just watched the sequence... it was awful...

i could break it down by the second when he was on his elbows, but, that seems like too much effort... watching it live with a friend, we were both horrified at how bad it was... didn't look any better just now...

I’m a Coon fan-but I’m defending Schultz...I think the biggest difference in the match was Schultz’s physical immaturity, not technique. This is bad news for Coon in the future. 

Anyways-we obviously disagree at what we’re seeing...I think you’re statement of Schultz laying on his elbows is misleading to what happened in the wrestling. I don’t believe he has the core strength yet to defend the horsepower at the senior level. 

first, coon has little to no real greco technique... he is just big... having said that, he did look better in spots this weekend that he has in the past...

i was actually surprised that schultz was able to push him around on the feet... but his par terre offense and defense was horrible... he obviously isn't training those positions with enough emphasis... i can tell you the greco sessions i have been at the OTC, there was no one schultz's size for him to really get a good feel... so, that is clearly a thing...

all that leads to what the matches looked like... a man-child wrestling a man... and i think it was way more mentally based than physical... looking at schultz's face when he came out for the second match was very telling... he is just not used to wrestling mentally tough grown men and coon is definitely that...

9 minutes ago, bnwtwg said:

Wait, so are you telling me that the Senior world runner-up took a high school kid to the wood shed? What's next, you gonna try to tell me the sky is blue and beer is delicious?

He’s also telling you the World Silver medalist has no Greco technique, he’s just a big guy.

6 minutes ago, jchapman said:

He’s also telling you the World Silver medalist has no Greco technique, he’s just a big guy.

have you ever actually watched his matches?

did you watch his worlds matches last year?

i would very much love to hear your comments on his technique...

13 minutes ago, LJB said:

have you ever actually watched his matches?

did you watch his worlds matches last year?

i would very much love to hear your comments on his technique...

Horrible.  There are probably 150 big guys in the NFL right now that could step in and win a World medal.

I coach youth Greco, so take my opinion with a grain of salt. In the first match, I also thought that Schultz had underwhelming parterre defense in that he went to his elbow really quickly and stayed on it, even after getting turned. 

Does Schultz have more experience excepting parterre defense than I do? Yes. Does that disqualify anyone who has 0 age level world medals from critiquing his positioning? No.