Sign in to follow this  
madcat11

Teasdale at Iowa?

29 minutes ago, nhs67 said:

So JRent isn't there? Murin V Lugo for 149? What's going on?

As far as I know, they're all there, and Teasdale isn't officially enrolled yet.  

The rumor that the Flo boys discussed is that Teasdale is looking really good in the room--so good that there's speculation Iowa's best lineup has Murin and Renteria on the bench.  

49 minutes ago, steamboat_charlie v2 said:

As far as I know, they're all there, and Teasdale isn't officially enrolled yet.  

The rumor that the Flo boys discussed is that Teasdale is looking really good in the room--so good that there's speculation Iowa's best lineup has Murin and Renteria on the bench.  

I don't know man.

I think Murin at 149 could be deadly next year.

30 minutes ago, Husker_Du said:

you should also be careful b/c that is dumb as hell.

Why?

Murin has a hard cut and has obviously more upside.

Thinking of who both of them wrestled at NCAAs I don't see why a 149lb Murin wouldn't have been able to do that.

If it comes to making the team the best team possible then I think we'll absolutely see Murin up at 149.

I still find it incredibly weird how J-Rent redshirted -I get focusing on academics but I can't remember a single time where a high level recruit didn't wrestle once during their redshirt year that didn't involve injury.  If Teasdale is looking as good as advertised and he's there next year, I have to think J-Rent is on the outside looking in for a starting spot.

1 hour ago, hammerlockthree said:

Exactly....I don't know what their weight issues are like, but Teasdale doesn't bring much more to the table than a lot PA hype. 

Yep I don’t know about weight issues either but Teasdale seems to be a 25 and DeSanto looked good at 133 in terms of size, strength and conditioning. I think DS could handle 141 more than T 125 but it’s not optimum for either.  Just my opinion. 

8 hours ago, Idaho said:

Yep I don’t know about weight issues either but Teasdale seems to be a 25 and DeSanto looked good at 133 in terms of size, strength and conditioning. I think DS could handle 141 more than T 125 but it’s not optimum for either.  Just my opinion. 

Teasdale will never wrestle 125lbs again.  He couldn't make weight at 125lbs at PSU last year.  That was one of the problems he had.  Fantastic talent, but he's a 133lber or 141lber.  Probably not tall enough for 141lbs so he likely needs to be able to make and hold 133lbs for the year.

11 hours ago, hammerlockthree said:

How good is Teasdale advertised? who says he's not walking on. I'm not saying he is but everything about teasdale is weird. Coincidentally his name autocorrects to "tradable".

If the advertisement is "Teasdale is good enough right now to force Murin out of the lineup," to me that means he's AA caliber, this year. 

It's just chatter, so who knows, but at one point the guy was considered a can't miss 4xAA type of prospect.  A lot of people, and maybe rightfully so, have written him off after he plateaued/regressed in high school, and his disastrous stent at PSU.  But is there not a chance he still has that in him?  

20 minutes ago, steamboat_charlie v2 said:

If the advertisement is "Teasdale is good enough right now to force Murin out of the lineup," to me that means he's AA caliber, this year. 

It's just chatter, so who knows, but at one point the guy was considered a can't miss 4xAA type of prospect.  A lot of people, and maybe rightfully so, have written him off after he plateaued/regressed in high school, and his disastrous stent at PSU.  But is there not a chance he still has that in him?  

There is certainly a chance...it just doesn't really fit the narrative that me or anyone else has been able to piece together. I'd like to see some sense that he has profited from the jump to college. 

I'd like to see Murin up at 149 next year (assuming some combination of Teasdale/Renteria/Desanto doesn't leave them with a hole at 141) if for no other reason than he's their long term plan there after Lugo graduates. 

I think people, myself included, may have underestimated how much he was cutting last year and how much it affected him. I think the cut mitigated a lot of his power. Last summer, at 143.5 with night before weigh ins, he looked really big and strong, to the point where he actually muscled a bigger Sammy Sasso around quite a bit with his snaps. As the season wore on, he didn't have that same juice in his snaps and without it, he wasn't able to move guys as well, which his offense depended on. 

For some perspective, he definitely has the frame to be a big 149. He's listed at 5'8, 3 inches taller than Pat Lugo and right in the average range for a 149.  

I love this time of year on Hawkeye Report. The time of year where:

1. Almost anyone can be an All American at almost any weight class within 2 weight classes in either direction to where they have previously wrestled.

2. 150 pts becomes possible.

3. For sure they are gonna beat Penn State. 

46 minutes ago, TBar1977 said:

I love this time of year on Hawkeye Report. The time of year where:

1. Almost anyone can be an All American at almost any weight class within 2 weight classes in either direction to where they have previously wrestled.

2. 150 pts becomes possible.

3. For sure they are gonna beat Penn State. 

I love this time of year as well because TBar comes on and portrays the views of 2-3 homers on Hawkeye Report as representative of the entire fan base. If you actually read without an agenda, most of the hawkeye fans are talking about 100-115 points next year which MIGHT be good enough to win it with Penn State potentially not having their usual big point scorers.

1. Has anybody predicted Teasdale to place? Most predicted him to not even make the lineup. The closest thing that came to it was speculating IF he can beat out Murin and Renteria, 2 guys unanimously considered to be at least fringe AA threats, then he is also a fringe AA threat.

2. Already addressed this idiocy.

3. Most of the posters on HR have stuck with the general line of "Penn State is the favorite until they lose."

Why do you feel the need to do this every 2 weeks? Insecure?

14 minutes ago, qc8223 said:

I love this time of year as well because TBar comes on and portrays the views of 2-3 homers on Hawkeye Report as representative of the entire fan base. If you actually read without an agenda, most of the hawkeye fans are talking about 100-115 points next year which MIGHT be good enough to win it with Penn State potentially not having their usual big point scorers.

1. Has anybody predicted Teasdale to place? Most predicted him to not even make the lineup. The closest thing that came to it was speculating IF he can beat out Murin and Renteria, 2 guys unanimously considered to be at least fringe AA threats, then he is also a fringe AA threat.

2. Already addressed this idiocy.

3. Most of the posters on HR have stuck with the general line of "Penn State is the favorite until they lose."

Why do you feel the need to do this every 2 weeks? Insecure?

Every 2 weeks? I think I wait longer than that most times. Lol. 

Seriously, you don't see this happens with the Iowa fan base every year with all the weight class shifts and how that will make for an even better line up? As if it were just that easy? They have more new and improved line ups this time of year than Ruffles has potato chips.