Sign in to follow this  
LHU125

Made Up Positions?

If that position is paid for by the school (as opposed to by the club) he' shouldn't be eligible to work on the mat with the kids- same as DOWOP (Dir of Wr Ops) - since that makes 4 paid coaches and one volunteer, and that's even though he's an alum. 

Edited by gimpeltf

5 hours ago, gimpeltf said:

If that position is paid for by the school (as opposed to by the club) he' shouldn't be eligible to work on the mat with the kids- same as DOWOP (Dir of Wr Ops) - since that makes 4 paid coaches and one volunteer, and that's even though he's an alum. 

I understand that, however I would imagine he'll certainly be wrestling with the NCAA guys. The RTC eligible guys (i.e. 90% of the team I'd guess) will wrestle during "RTC" practices. 

1 hour ago, LHU125 said:

I understand that, however I would imagine he'll certainly be wrestling with the NCAA guys. The RTC eligible guys (i.e. 90% of the team I'd guess) will wrestle during "RTC" practices. 

Technically that could be an issue. The DOWOPS is specifically mentioned in this regards so I'm not sure here. Is this another phrase for strength coach? Coaches are determined to be anyone "acting" as a coach with an agreement (pay or not) with the university- which is why I mentioned about who paid him. If that job is with the club then he has no agreement with the school and can come to practice regularly as an alum for the next two Olympic cycles.

15 hours ago, Sparky said:

When Marianne Williamson drops out of the democratic presidential field she might find a job as spiritual adviser for a wrestling program. 

She can be the Director of Love.