Women's Freestyle 
50: Whitney Conder - Multiple time world team member.
53: Sarah Hildebrandt - Returning World Silver Medalist
55: Jacarra WInchester - 5th in the world. I really like her, she can flat out wrestle.
57: Jenna Burkert - she has been on multiple world teams/junior world teams.
59: Alli Ragan - 2x World Silver Medalist. 
62: Kayla Miracle - First world team, but wrestled well to make it beating a returning world medalist. 
65: Forrest Molinari - returning world team member.
68: Tamyra Mensah-Stock - Returning medalist and she is good!
72: Victoria Francis - was a 2017 world team member. 
76: Adeline Gray - Multiple time world champ & medalist. We are in great shape here. 

Greco-Roman 
55: Max Nowry - Journeyman Greco guy. 
60: Ildar Hafizov - a 2008 Olympian, excited to see what he can do.
63: Ryan Mango - Can't believe this is his first world team! 
67: Ellis Coleman - Journeyman.
72: Ray Bunker - Don't know much but a cool story!
77: Pat Smith - Beat out Bey, first world team.
82: John Stefanowicz - cool to see him and marstellar embrace. 1st world team.
87: Joe Rau - Cool to see a d3 guy on the team.
97: G'Angelo Hancock - hes a straight monster! hoping he can be a medalist.
130: Adam Coon - Hopefully not flash in the pan, he could be the future for greco!

Men's Freestyle 
57: Daton Fix - Has plenty of international experience, not much at the senior level. To beat Gilman who was 2nd/5th at Worlds says something. I could see him DNP or bronze.
61: Tyler Graff - He has done some overseas wrestling and beat Colon to make the team. Hoping he can do well.
65: Zain Retherford - Has world team and overseas experience. I think he could DNP or Silver with the right draw.  
70: James Green - hes a 2x world medalist. He can beat anyone or lose to anyone while keeping it close. 
74: Jordan Burroughs - The champ. I think he has another medal left in him.
79: Kyle Dake or Alex Dieringer - I think we are looking at a medalist no matter who it is. Dake is a guaranteed medal.
86: Pat Downey - Excited for Downey to have his shot, but I don't think he medals.
92: J'den Cox - 3/3 in medal attemps, hoping for a second world title!
97: KYLE SNYDER - He had a real nice draw last year. I still think he beats anyone not Sadulaev. Silver at least.
125: Nick Gwiazdowski - He should medal again, hoping he can be on a side opposite of Geno and Akgul.

Edited by buckeyehomer

Maybe I’m wrong but it looks like our Women’s team is one of our better ones with a decent about of prior international achievement.  With that being said they will still have a mountain to climb to come close to Japan.   

6 minutes ago, buckeyehomer said:

well burroughs is older and lost last year, Dake is injured, and Snyder has sadulaev, but I feel lox Cox really is a favorite.

Yeah totally agree-J’den is definitely a favorite but I feel like Dake/Ringer, KB and Snyder all have great chances to at least make the finals. I’d be really surprised if we don’t get 1 gold.

I think having it in Kazakhstan will play a huge factor in how calls are made.  The usual anti US bias will bite us in our butt.  Dake is hurt and will not be 100 percent.  Burroughs best years are behind him.  Snyder has been figured out, and Cox will make finals but lose to a Russian.

I disagree.  I think we will finish in 2nd behind the mighty Russian team.  That sets up an interesting Olympic games in wrestling.   If we get healthy I say we have 6 or more medals.  3-4 in the finals.  I think Fix/Zain and Green surprise and Kyle beats Sadulaev (He friggin caught us with a grade school move last time).  By Tokyo we get Taylor back and shock the world by winning both the men and women's senior freestyle.

11 hours ago, buckeyehomer said:

well burroughs is older and lost last year, Dake is injured, and Snyder has sadulaev, but I feel lox Cox really is a favorite.

Didn't you hear what JB said in the interview, he has never lost to the same man twice....

5 hours ago, Peso said:

I disagree.  I think we will finish in 2nd behind the mighty Russian team.  That sets up an interesting Olympic games in wrestling.   If we get healthy I say we have 6 or more medals.  3-4 in the finals.  I think Fix/Zain and Green surprise and Kyle beats Sadulaev (He friggin caught us with a grade school move last time).  By Tokyo we get Taylor back and shock the world by winning both the men and women's senior freestyle.

Taylor will not be there but Cox will be in his place 

Snyder will come back and beat Sad.  He has to be preparing for this.  He has to believe it.  He got caught last time but that won't happen again.  He needs to get at Sad's legs and he needs to wear him down so he can open up later in the match.

mspart

1 hour ago, Ogalthorpe Haywood said:

I don’t see Cox making 86kg scratch two days in a row and still being effective. I think he goes 97

I've been thinking this for a while now.  He's huge.  I know he has the ability to cut an ungodly amount of weight if he wants, but I don't see him doing that unless he really doesn't think he can beat Snyder, which I don't think is the case.  The Flo guys continue to talk about him going back to 86, so perhaps they've heard as much from J'den or his camp.  

If he does make the cut I'm going to assume it's just because he really, really, really hates David Taylor.  

It's not just about beating Snyder. The next step for Cox is an Olympic gold. He is already an Olympic medalist and world champion. Anything less than gold is just another medal for him. His chances of Olympic gold are much greater at 86 than at 97 and I'm also in the camp that he makes the cut successfully and reps us at 86. 

3 hours ago, wrestlingnerd said:

It's not just about beating Snyder. The next step for Cox is an Olympic gold. He is already an Olympic medalist and world champion. Anything less than gold is just another medal for him. His chances of Olympic gold are much greater at 86 than at 97 and I'm also in the camp that he makes the cut successfully and reps us at 86. 

Well... 86 isn't a cakewalk either, especially if the cut is going to take something out of him.  I hope he goes 86 because I think that'll be our best team, I'm just a little dubious that it'll actually happen is all.  Also don't think Cox looks at Sadulaev and thinks he can't beat him.  

I'm sure Cox looks at Snyder and Sadulaev and thinks he can beat both. But I'm also pretty confident he looks at Taylor and Yazdani and thinks he can beat both more easily. It's not a well-kept secret that Snyder and Sadulaev are exceptional even among Olympic champions.

Edited by wrestlingnerd

22 hours ago, mspart said:

Snyder will come back and beat Sad.  He has to be preparing for this.  He has to believe it.  He got caught last time but that won't happen again.  He needs to get at Sad's legs and he needs to wear him down so he can open up later in the match.

mspart

I agree, Snyder falls behind early, comes back and wins a close one late. 

On 6/19/2019 at 1:53 PM, buckeyehomer said:

77: Pat Smith - Beat out Bey, first world team.

Most of the comments are about Men's Freestyle, so I don't know how many people care, but Pat Smith made the World Team in 2017, so this is his second team.

On 6/21/2019 at 10:02 AM, DuckFor2 said:

I agree, Snyder falls behind early, comes back and wins a close one late. 

My fear is Sadulaev’s takedown to turn transitions. Giving up a takedown to Sadulaev, especially when he is concerned he might lose, could be just as devastating as getting pinned quickly. 

On 6/20/2019 at 4:35 PM, steamboat_charlie v2 said:

Well... 86 isn't a cakewalk either, especially if the cut is going to take something out of him.  I hope he goes 86 because I think that'll be our best team, I'm just a little dubious that it'll actually happen is all.  Also don't think Cox looks at Sadulaev and thinks he can't beat him.  

Taylor is the better option at 86kg he has a gold at this weight, best Cox has done is bronze. 2 days at scratch weight will be too much for Cox to overcome. He struggled with the old rules. 

Agree, Cox is a great wrestler but I question wether he can maintain that level at 86kg under the current weight-in rules.  Taylor now fits that weight very well and has a non stop motor so he will be a bigger challenge then last time.

No matter what ultimately happens, it's a shame that one of Cox, Taylor or Snyder will not be able to compete in the Olympics. 

Edited by Flying-Tiger