Sublime607

Wrestling and IQ

Our IQ's at this stage are too intellectually and technologically feeble to detect, much less comprehend the kind of communication that's occurring amongst much more advanced species. Just as people 100 years ago would not be able to comprehend the "magical" things possible today, neither will we be able to comprehend the magical things of 100 years from now. But we're still talking TINY time frames... whereas humanity has been collectively working toward advancing technology for a few thousand years... civilizations that are 10X as old would be incomprehensible to us. Likely mastery of QM and the multiverse is child's play to those civilizations.

Nice post.  A UFO crash in New Mexico is absolute proof that it never happened because it is inconceivable that technology capable of interstellar travel would crash.

Actually it did happen, but there's so much disinformation whats put out in the public domain is diluted to the point of uselessness.

Give a terrorist a knife and someone is getting stabbed. Give one a club, and someone is getting clubbed.  Give one a U.F.O. and they would destroy the earth. The mantle of secrecy on specific exotic technologies now being used, cannot be lifted. As long as people are evil, they can never be allowed to have power over space, time, and matter.  Unless of course, you chip and track every man, woman, and child on the planet. 

(Hmmmm) Starting to get the bigger picture? And even then you'll have men over you, monitoring you as God's. Take it from someone who's been "Behind the Green Door" and knows fully of gravitational time dialators and plank portals. 

People only 'think' they want the veil of secrecy lifted. Don't expect the Gov. to admit anything in regards to these technologies, or that we've had contact w/ advanced civilizations for the better part of 70 years.  It would cause a collapse of the wave function before the appointed time. Either way, non-believers require proof. Anytime said proof is given....they dispute it. Don't be discouraged though, in our lifetime we will live to regret serious extraterrestrial disclosure.  

Some things are better left unknown. Not because knowledge is evil but because we are....

3 hours ago, fanta said:
Actually it did happen, but there's so much disinformation whats put out in the public domain is diluted to the point of uselessness.

Give a terrorist a knife and someone is getting stabbed. Give one a club, and someone is getting clubbed.  Give one a U.F.O. and they would destroy the earth. The mantle of secrecy on specific exotic technologies now being used, cannot be lifted. As long as people are evil, they can never be allowed to have power over space, time, and matter.  Unless of course, you chip and track every man, woman, and child on the planet. 

(Hmmmm) Starting to get the bigger picture? And even then you'll have men over you, monitoring you as God's. Take it from someone who's been "Behind the Green Door" and knows fully of gravitational time dialators and plank portals. 

People only 'think' they want the veil of secrecy lifted. Don't expect the Gov. to admit anything in regards to these technologies, or that we've had contact w/ advanced civilizations for the better part of 70 years.  It would cause a collapse of the wave function before the appointed time. Either way, non-believers require proof. Anytime said proof is given....they dispute it. Don't be discouraged though, in our lifetime we will live to regret serious extraterrestrial disclosure.  

Some things are better left unknown. Not because knowledge is evil but because we are....

I wish you luck in your quest to infiltrate area 51.  

8 hours ago, Billyhoyle said:

I wish you luck in your quest to infiltrate area 51.  

There's been so much secrecy and disinformation over the last 70 years that it's become impossible to prove anything in the face of official denial....of course the flip-side is, nobody believes anything the government says...

Maybe we have been presented with such a false understanding of reality that when we are given a glimplse of the truth, it appears to us as science fiction. Perhaps, we can not recognize the truth?

12 hours ago, fiveontwo said:

lol at how this post digressed into UFO's and ET from wrestling. 

The three legs of cover and deception we use are illusion, misdirection and ridicule. But the greatest of these is ridicule— which discredits the person. The embargo on the truth is something real and not visionary or fictitious.

I still think J'Den will take out Snyder next year at the Olympic Trials.

Edited by fanta

21 hours ago, fanta said:

There's been so much secrecy and disinformation over the last 70 years that it's become impossible to prove anything in the face of official denial....of course the flip-side is, nobody believes anything the government says...

LOL Good one.

I truly believe wit and IQ play a huge role in a wrestler's success. I wonder how much our sport will evolve in 100 years. We were evolved as a civilization many times. We've been dumbed down many times as well.

Communication with anyone in the world is easy, there is a simple gadget called a cell phone. However the cell phone with all of its 
technology is no match to the communication device that is typical in every brain. The hardware has always been there the only discrepancy is that only a collective few actually know how to use it. 

Here are some names to consider:

1. Dale Anderson, two-time NCAA champion at 137 pounds for Michigan State, three-time Big Ten champion, captain of the 1967 NCAA team. Dale has been a high-level attorney for decades, and is a member of Mensa,. Wrote the book "A Spartan Journey" in 2017 and writes legal study books for police officers about their legal rights and boundaries, and gives seminars on the subject.

2. Bill Kerslake, graduate of Case Tech with engineering degree and was an aerospace engineer at NASA and co-inventor of the first ion thruster for space propulsion. Served as chairman of the national technical committee of the American Institute of Aeronautics and Astronautics. Won 15 national titles at heavyweight in freestyle and GR, won a gold medal in the 1955 Pan-American Games and was on three Olympic teams.

4. Dr. Stanley Henson, three-time NCAA champion for Oklahoma A&M and the first sophomore to be O.W. He was a Naval officer during World War II and became a legendary surgeon in Fort Collins, Colorado. Anyone who ever had the pleasure of spending time with Dr. Henson knew they were in the company of an extraordinary and highly-intelligent human being.

5. Ray Brinzer was Asics High School Wrestler of the Year in 1990 and won three Junior National titles. He was a two-time All-American for Iowa and was a top GR competitor for several years. Ray is extremely well read in many fields and can expound for hours on subjects from Plato to Homer, from  Darwin to Jefferson. He submitted to an IQ test once as a joke and finished well over the genius level.

Mike Chapman 

On 6/19/2019 at 9:31 PM, Sublime607 said:

It would be interesting to know what the average IQ is for NCAA champions vs the rest of the field. I have a theory that IQ makes a huge difference and separates them from the rest.

I think the average for an NCAA Champion is around 56.

It has been said that Albert Einstein wrote, “Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

My theory is that champions are this great big conglomeration of many different items.  I know there is a chess match inside wrestling matches, but I'm not seeing a big requirement for higher level thinking skills.  A Chimp could whip every single one of us.  I'll give pretty good odds that I could handle Bobby Fischer...

I know research indicates this is out dated, but for years we believed that Erectus was here for about a hundred thousand years before Sapien eventually took his world.  We are proof that the brain eventually won,  but brawn damned sure kicked a lot of asses before the guys with the round skulls took over.   Kinda like Iowa vs Penn St this year.  Pick your team and get some popcorn.  

Edited by Peso

On 7/15/2019 at 10:39 PM, fanta said:

Oh wow. Thanks for reminding me never to jump to page 3 of the thread.

On 6/19/2019 at 10:31 PM, Sublime607 said:

It would be interesting to know what the average IQ is for NCAA champions vs the rest of the field. I have a theory that IQ makes a huge difference and separates them from the rest.

I would guess it is slightly above average. D1 NCAA champs are obviously the best of the best. I think that exceptional physical traits have the most influence among the top wrestlers; i.e. long arms with low mass, enhanced fast twitch muscle fibers, high vo2 max, etc. However, I can see a scenario where a heightened sense of spatial awareness in real-time could also have its advantages. Then of course you have to factor in discipline and other factors that would be more influenced by environment than by genetics. 

There is no reason why one athlete can’t have exceptional physical traits and go up against someone who has exceptional mental traits and have it be a wash. Just like one guy can get to the top based on learned skills and another can get there with physical traits with plenty of both mixed in. 

This is one of the reasons that makes wrestling so interesting to me. There are so many different ways to skin a cat, and every match has this on display. 

Super interesting topic. If you want to read a good book, I recommend The Sports Gene by David Epstein. I've recommended it before on here, but it will give you plenty to think about on this topic.

2 minutes ago, russelscout said:

I would guess it is slightly above average. D1 NCAA champs are obviously the best of the best. I think that exceptional physical traits have the most influence among the top wrestlers; i.e. long arms with low mass, enhanced fast twitch muscle fibers, high vo2 max, etc. However, I can see a scenario where a heightened sense of spatial awareness in real-time could also have its advantages. Then of course you have to factor in discipline and other factors that would be more influenced by environment than by genetics. 

There is no reason why one athlete can’t have exceptional physical traits and go up against someone who has exceptional mental traits and have it be a wash. Just like one guy can get to the top based on learned skills and another can get there with physical traits with plenty of both mixed in. 

This is one of the reasons that makes wrestling so interesting to me. There are so many different ways to skin a cat, and every match has this on display. 

Super interesting topic. If you want to read a good book, I recommend The Sports Gene by David Epstein. I've recommended it before on here, but it will give you plenty to think about on this topic.

Good book.

I'm currently reading Epstein's "Range." (We make these kids specialize too early)