steamboat_charlie v2

Bo Nickal to Wrestle Off for U23 Team at 92kg

30 minutes ago, headshuck said:

Hmm, we need a 10-pt disdain rating.

I have a scale from 1-10 on how much people annoy me. My father in law is a 10.

On the distain scale Downey is a 10, I’d give DeSanto and Suriano 8s and Bo is about a 6.

6 hours ago, DuckFor2 said:

i also don't think Nickal would smash Downey. Looking forward to this match up. If it happened this week, i'd take Downey.

Didn’t Bo tech PD3 the last time they wrestled? It wasn’t too long ago, I think prob around the time Downey was trying to grad transfer to Iowa.

3 hours ago, pamela said:

Didn’t Bo tech PD3 the last time they wrestled? It wasn’t too long ago, I think prob around the time Downey was trying to grad transfer to Iowa.

Yeah we have a reference, can't see why no one else remembered. Nickal, who must be much bigger, wrestled downey at the same weight and teched him. In this stretch of time Nickal went from a guy who looks vulnerable occasionally at the right weight to a guy who is liquifying everyone up a weight.

13 hours ago, boconnell said:

Accept that people have opinions and you can't make them all go away by being pissy.

Try acknowledging what he has said and done rather than what you want to hear and I won't be so crotchety.

3 hours ago, hammerlockthree said:

Yeah we have a reference, can't see why no one else remembered. Nickal, who must be much bigger, wrestled downey at the same weight and teched him. In this stretch of time Nickal went from a guy who looks vulnerable occasionally at the right weight to a guy who is liquifying everyone up a weight.

7 hours ago, pamela said:

I believe they're both vastly different wrestlers.

While the bit on Nickal is spot on, not acknowledging that Downey may well be the most improved US national Team member(top 3 at the weights right?) regardless of style since they last met up doesn't give our 2019 86kg guy enough credit.

I personally believe Nickal washes him like a dirty coffee cup that's been soaking in dawn dish soap and hot water for the last hour. And not regular dawn or even the ultra. Platinum dawn dish soap.

That being said, at this point with what Downey did to Heflin the last few months? I wouldn't be surprised if it was a helluva match. Like Ajax and cold water-no soak.

Edited by nhs67

19 hours ago, hammerlockthree said:

I think Nickal smashes Downey.

Is this the same Nickal that alot of people thought would give Cox some trouble?  And the same one that couldn't even score a point on Cox in 2 matches?

I think that Bo would probably beat Downey now, but it's obvious that beating the best in college and beating the best at the senior level are apples and oranges.

Edited by KCMO2

Cox and Bo have many things in common, other than their body shape. Both intend to win and will do anything to make this happen. That is why I love both wrestlers. They demand of themselves perfection. Bo finished folkstyle a few months ago: let's see where he is at in a year.

Cox is amazing now. Both are highly ranked. A win win for fans of wrestling! 

2 hours ago, KCMO2 said:

Is this the same Nickal that alot of people thought would give Cox some trouble?  And the same one that couldn't even score a point on Cox in 2 matches?

I think that Bo would probably beat Downey now, but it's obvious that beating the best in college and beating the best at the senior level are apples and oranges.

It is the same Bo that had Cox worried enough to not even attempt a single offensive move the entirety of both matches

Going as far as also attempting to double qualify for the 100 meter dash at the end of their 1st match.

Yes. We are referring to the same Bo and the same Cox.

Edited by nhs67
Changed match to matches to be more appropriate.

5 minutes ago, nhs67 said:

It is the same Bo that had Cox worried enough to not even attempt a single offensive move the entirety of both matches

Going as far as also attempting to double qualify for the 100 meter dash at the end of their 1st match.

Yes. We are referring to the same Bo and the same Cox.

Worst take of that series so far. Have you even seen Cox wrestle before? He's not exactly David Taylor on the scoreboard. Cox looked really, really worried....Bo is 3-4 years away from being truly competitive with Cox. I don't think he'll ever beat him.

27 minutes ago, wrestlingnerd said:

Worst take of that series so far. Have you even seen Cox wrestle before? He's not exactly David Taylor on the scoreboard. Cox looked really, really worried....Bo is 3-4 years away from being truly competitive with Cox. I don't think he'll ever beat him.

I don't think he will either.

That doesn't change what happened and how it happened nor does it change that Cox made zero effort at offense. At all.

1 hour ago, nhs67 said:

I don't think he will either.

That doesn't change what happened and how it happened nor does it change that Cox made zero effort at offense. At all.

You're confusing Cox taking the most certain path to victory with Cox being worried.  Cox enters those matches knowing Bo cannot generate his own offense against Cox.  So Cox wisely doesn't give him anything to work with and takes his inevitable wins.  That's not worry.  

On 6/21/2019 at 8:21 AM, HokieHWT said:

I have a scale from 1-10 on how much people annoy me. My father in law is a 10.

On the distain scale Downey is a 10, I’d give DeSanto and Suriano 8s and Bo is about a 6.

My son in law. No joke - in 15 years, other than talk about his family and children, not 1 adult conversation about anything that matters.

3 hours ago, boconnell said:

You're confusing Cox taking the most certain path to victory with Cox being worried.  Cox enters those matches knowing Bo cannot generate his own offense against Cox.  So Cox wisely doesn't give him anything to work with and takes his inevitable wins.  That's not worry.  

When did I say Cox was worried?

8 hours ago, KCMO2 said:

Downey = Cox

Cox has wins over Taylor, Dake, Snyder...multiple world medals including gold.

Downey made the team in a perfect storm of randomness.

Idiotic 

Edited by hammerlockthree

I believe PD2’s reason on the boards for the poor bout with Nickal was that Nickal had been resting and PD3 had just beaten Gabe Dean like 15-20 mins before that match.

im not saying Nickal still wouldn’t win, just that this was the excuse their camp gave for the loss.

2 hours ago, hammerlockthree said:

Downey = Cox

Cox has wins over Taylor, Dake, Snyder...multiple world medals including gold.

Downey made the team in a perfect storm of randomness.

Idiotic 

Damn dude, try to keep up.  I'm not comparing Cox to PD, I'm comparing the idiocy of those who were calling for a Nickal/Cox nail biter to the idocy of those (you) saying that Bo would smash Downey.

5 minutes ago, KCMO2 said:

Damn dude, try to keep up.  I'm not comparing Cox to PD, I'm comparing the idiocy of those who were calling for a Nickal/Cox nail biter to the idocy of those (you) saying that Bo would smash Downey.

Bo has smashed downey. You bringing up the fact that he couldn't beat cox has nothing to do with ANYTHING. Bo can't beat chariti either. 

Edited by hammerlockthree