Sign in to follow this  
Jimmy Cinnabon

Should Mark Hall redshirt this year?

If he plans to go 74KG then I think he should redshirt and manage his weight until then.  Can't imagine him competing at 174 and then making the quick transition.  If he rather compete at 79KG for a non-olympic fake world title (do they still have this? the Stieber tournament?), then he can just finish out his folk eligibility.  

Personally, I hope he redshirts and we see Brooks at 174. 

Edited by LemonPie

5 hours ago, Jimmy Cinnabon said:

To me, the answer depends on what weight Valencia goes.  If he goes 184, Hall should not redshirt and stay at 174.

If Zahid goes 174 Mark should absolutely redshirt.  Maybe give Manville a shot at 174.

Manville can take an Olympic year himself.  Valencia too. 

On 6/20/2019 at 2:43 PM, Jimmy Cinnabon said:

To me, the answer depends on what weight Valencia goes.  If he goes 184, Hall should not redshirt and stay at 174.

If Zahid goes 174 Mark should absolutely redshirt.  Maybe give Manville a shot at 174.

Heard Hall likes a good cinnabon & will thus be going 197 next year.  ;)

So, basically run from a challenge?

You really advocate redshirting to run away from a competitor?

What's next, wear a singlet with a yellow stripe down the back?

1 hour ago, Perry said:

Only way hall redshirts is if psu punts again and red shirts all their guys (this could happen but I doubt it)

Thats the creepy thing about Cael, he might be so high minded that he doesn't care about streaks, but he isn't so high minded that runs his program for the well being of his athletes exclusively(no d1 coach is)......long story short he is really hard to predict.

3 hours ago, hammerlockthree said:

Thats the creepy thing about Cael, he might be so high minded that he doesn't care about streaks, but he isn't so high minded that runs his program for the well being of his athletes exclusively(no d1 coach is)......long story short he is really hard to predict.

Cael is EASILY the smartest/best coach in the NCAA today. I think he's a better coach than Gable in some regards (wrestlers are more creative, more dominant, and Cael gets better recruits than even Gable did).  I have no doubt whatsoever if Cael took the coaching job at OU that they'd be winning NCAA titles within 5 years.

9 hours ago, Perry said:

Only way hall redshirts is if psu punts again and red shirts all their guys (this could happen but I doubt it)

Penn State has such a pool of quality guys with full eligibly waiting in the wings, I don't see how they can punt. Hall is the only guy that might take an Olympic redshirt and if so, they would put Brooks in at 174. If anything, it's going to be difficult for PSU to get some very good guys in the lineup, especially at the upper weights. 

Edited by Flying-Tiger