fanta

Jordan Burroughs Final X weigh-in

manipulating brackets...

blowing procedures in reffing...

giving a wink and a nod on the scales...

been a tough season so far...

of course, it could all just be made up internet conspiracy theories...

6 hours ago, fanta said:

Heard he didn't make weight and they just gave it to him. Any truth to this?? Anyone there to confirm or deny?

Who did you hear it from?

I recently re-watched his match against Sidakov. He did not seem to have his usual energy. Perhaps making weight is getting harder for him. He weighed in at 175 for BTS and it dod not look like he had an ounce to lose! 

5 hours ago, NJDan said:

I recently re-watched his match against Sidakov. He did not seem to have his usual energy. Perhaps making weight is getting harder for him. He weighed in at 175 for BTS and it dod not look like he had an ounce to lose! 

I think so too, it's a huge shift for someone his age and size to go from night before weighins for 5 years or whatever to multiple same day.  There's a reason why so many people moved up and so many world champs moved up two weights. 

Burroughs was quoted as saying he was 2 pounds under after his morning workout, and drank some fluids, then was fine all day, on two different check scales they had access to, but the official scale when it became available was weighing heavier. Snyder was over as well.

Not uncommon if you've wrestled before. You hear from your more experienced teammates which scales are "heavy." I guess this happens at this highest level too. This is not a Burroughs problem, and that narrative is bothering me. This is a scale calibration problem. Simple as that. 

16 minutes ago, WrestleNJ said:

Not uncommon if you've wrestled before. You hear from your more experienced teammates which scales are "heavy." I guess this happens at this highest level too. This is not a Burroughs problem, and that narrative is bothering me. This is a scale calibration problem. Simple as that. 

Wrong. Even at middling HS tournaments the check scale is the heavy one. If you think someone screwed up just say that, but its not run of the mill.

Edited by hammerlockthree

2 minutes ago, hammerlockthree said:

Wrong. Even at middling HS tournaments the check scale is the heavy one. If you think someone screwed up just say that, but its not run of the mill.

I was referring more to away duals. You know what schools have a heavy scale. There's no "check" scale. You get off the bus and weigh in. And that scale could be heavier than the one you know in your home locker room. 

Simply make sure the official scale, is calibrated with any check scales, or have the official scale available to wrestlers to check on.

Watch the question asked him at the 1:40 mark, and what he says around the 1:45 mark...

Edited by Coachp

8 hours ago, WrestleNJ said:

I was referring more to away duals. You know what schools have a heavy scale. There's no "check" scale. You get off the bus and weigh in. And that scale could be heavier than the one you know in your home locker room. 

I’m convinced my doctors scale is at least 12lbs heavy. 

Do they have to weigh in with a singlet? Is it the one they will wrestle with? Can't they with nekkid? Or just have a special super light weight weigh in only singlet?