59 minutes ago, hammerlockthree said:

https://www.flowrestling.org/video/6304366-125-lbs-sf-spencer-lee-iowa-vs-pat-glory-princeton

I guys who get all huffy about people saying someone isn't one of the mentally toughest people in the NCAA really are just flat out babies. 

How bout we watch his 2018 NCAA run and his first match with Pat Glory.  You would say his issue was “mental” and not a physical?

Again you don't even know what you are arguing about. 

Watch the first time Rivera beat him, what was the physical issue that made him stand straight up and completely stop wrestling with 10 seconds left in the match. He's a tough, kid he ain't one of the toughest right now. Desanto is tougher, he just isn't nearly as skilled. 

LOLOLOL..

I've seen it all now...people are questioning Lee's "toughness". 

How can you measure it? Eyeball test? Seems real scientific. 

I thought I had seen it all when people were actually stating that Sadulaev beating Snyder was a fluke....this one may top it. 

17 minutes ago, hammerlockthree said:

ok fine, he took several losses last year therefor he isn't insanely tough......

So at the NCAA finals whose hand was raised? 

Edited by Zebra

10 minutes ago, Sublime607 said:

Always is a bold statement. I can think of a loss under those lights.

Right now there is only one set of lights that matters and he's won all 10 matches under them. 

11 minutes ago, TBar1977 said:

Junior team trials he lost to Fix. 

Those lights are already turned off. The only ones that matter are above a mat which says NCAA and he's 10-0 there. 

27 minutes ago, Perry said:

Lee is enjoying his summer playing cards with Gilman while Fix is on the SR World team. NCAAs are fun, but they're not even close to the ultimate level of this sport.

I’d rather be a 4x champ than a senior team member.

1 hour ago, Perry said:

Lee is enjoying his summer playing cards with Gilman while Fix is on the SR World team. NCAAs are fun, but they're not even close to the ultimate level of this sport.

NCAA Wrestling is the pinnacle of Folkstyle. Freestyle is a different sport. 

Well I am not sure what Fix will do next college season, personally I think that he will Redshirt, but if he doesn't, I think we see him at 133 again. Meanwhile with Spencer, I am not sure what he will do either. But if he does wrestle next collegiate season, I believe that he will wrestle 125. So I believe that we won't see these two going head to head until next summer. 

When these two do meet, I know Spencer has a fireman's and near arm far leg dump that is very hard to defend, and I know he has a good lace, but Fix, is a muscular warrior, so I am not sure how vulnerable he will be to Spencer's gut and lace. Fix however, has looked very good of late, and I expect that to continue through the year, so when these two do face off again it should be a wild one. 

13 hours ago, Perry said:

I was at a Hawk practice recently and what Gilman and Fix were doing didn't look like cards.  Chess maybe.