cjc007

Break Dancing in the Olympics!

4 hours ago, cjc007 said:

Break dancing and gynanatsics aren't comparable. One takes a ton of dedication, the other takes a boom box and a pair of Air Jordans.

We now have six weight classes for wrestling in the Olympics.

The last thing we need is break dancing. I would love to see the breakers due an "iron cross" on the high rings.

What's next? Competitive eating?

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

Instead of hating, try cracking open a beer and appreciating:

Edited by Katie

and while i have no affinity of the "sport"... high level dancers scoff at that iron cross... the stuff they do is extremely athletic, impressive, and the display of strength is on par with top gymnasts...

eddie bravo had a troupe of breakdancers come into his studio a few years ago and he was absolutely amazed and the core strength these guys had... they were wrecking high level players very quickly...

28 minutes ago, LJB said:

and while i have no affinity of the "sport"... high level dancers scoff at that iron cross... the stuff they do is extremely athletic, impressive, and the display of strength is on par with top gymnasts...

eddie bravo had a troupe of breakdancers come into his studio a few years ago and he was absolutely amazed and the core strength these guys had... they were wrecking high level players very quickly...

It’s also worth noting that Gerry and Stephen Abas — the popularizers of funk — used to breakdance.  

imagine going through life getting mad online at people for dancing. 
I'm not mad about break dancing, I just don't think it's worthy of an Olympic event.

That's all.

On 6/26/2019 at 11:20 AM, John Morgan said:

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2017/jun/09/ioc-announce-plans-to-make-2020-tokyo-olympics-more-youthful-urban-women 

From the article...The IOC president, Thomas Bach said the Games will be “more youthful, more urban and include more women.” A total of 48.8% of the Tokyo 2020 quotas will be female, a record, compared with 46.1% at Rio 2016. 

The quote by Bach seems to be discriminatory towards mature athletes (what age is that?) and bit more hipster.  Make sure nothing in the Olympics appeals to some country hick.   

It's not an either/or proposition. Your stodgy events will still be there. This is about expanding the Olympics' portfolio to attract a bigger, more modern and representative viewership.

19 minutes ago, cjc007 said:

I'm not mad about break dancing, I just don't think it's worthy of an Olympic event.

That's all.

this coming from the same guy that said all it takes to be a breakdancer is "boom box and a pair of Air Jordans"

clearly your opinion in this matter should be held in high esteem indeed...

On 6/26/2019 at 7:10 AM, MadMardigain said:

It’s all about attracting new Millennial viewers and giving the host country an edge on winning some medals.   France has a huge break dancing culture, so they somehow convinced the Olympic committee that adding it to their game would help with this.  The Olympics are further bluring your line of what is an actual sport and just wanting anything athletic or skill based that they think will help attract attention so they can make money.  Im fine with the host country add a couple showcase events to their games that are unique to their regions culture, but not at the expense of possibly taking away from the actual sports that already existed in the games.    

Nah if that was the case the French would've pushed for Parkour. lol

Good grief, not about hate, some people just having a little fun.  Yes, break dancers are amazingly gifted performers; just try it and you'll see for yourself.  However, I captained the wrestling team at a college that dropped our sport and replaced it with varsity squash...yes, varsity squash.  I have no problem with break dancing, but with our history of having recently been on the Olympic dead list and watching so many programs dropped, I become a little on edge when these new events/sports are added.

i can't wait to see some heads explode when gaming becomes an olympic "sport"... some colleges are already giving gaming scholarships... 

value is intrinsically linked to $$$... nothing more... 

this coming from the same guy that said all it takes to be a breakdancer is "boom box and a pair of Air Jordans"
clearly your opinion in this matter should be held in high esteem indeed...
It was a joke.

That's what the breaker wore back in 88.

Breaking 2, Electric Bugaloo! Best movie ever!

1 hour ago, pamela said:

It's not an either/or proposition. Your stodgy events will still be there. This is about expanding the Olympics' portfolio to attract a bigger, more modern and representative viewership.

I am not sure if you consider wrestling stodgy or not but it does appear to be either or from the article below.

https://www.flowrestling.org/articles/5066784-the-olympics-cut-56-wrestlers-from-2020

23 minutes ago, John Morgan said:

I am not sure if you consider wrestling stodgy or not but it does appear to be either or from the article below.

https://www.flowrestling.org/articles/5066784-the-olympics-cut-56-wrestlers-from-2020

Wrestling is certainly under pressure at the Olympics. It stinks.

The pressure, however, is not caused by other sports. The pressure is caused by wrestling’s  gender imbalance (thanks to Greco) and by a relative lack of interest by spectators.

The answer, however, is not to attack other sports. The answer is to make wrestling better.

1 hour ago, cjc007 said:

It was a joke.

That's what the breaker wore back in 88.

Breaking 2, Electric Bugaloo! Best movie ever!

it wasn't that clever...

no he didn't... jordan's were not out then...

the sequel was a rushed hack job as compared to the original...

you really should have just went with the piece of cardboard...

it wasn't that clever...

no he didn't... jordan's were not out then...

the sequel was a rushed hack job as compared to the original...

you really should have just went with the piece of cardboard...

I didn't know you had such strong feelings for break dancing.

I apologize for the offensive language.

Air Jordans we're introduced in 1985, so a breaker in 88 could have work them on the cardboard.

1 minute ago, cjc007 said:

I didn't know you had such strong feelings for break dancing.

I apologize for the offensive language.

i do not...

you said nothing offensive... just a steady stream of ignorance...

4 minutes ago, cjc007 said:

Ignorance on break dancing. Please read my edited post

A breaker in 88 could have work Air Jordans.

edit a post to look less silly and then reference it again?

you go, boy...

3 minutes ago, cjc007 said:

Kinda like the USA cooking brackets.

That was a tiresome thread.

except it is exactly what happened...

but, whatever...

you should really do you worst moonwalk right out of here...

stage left is that way...

1 hour ago, Dr. Novak said:

Just surprised that an Olympic wrestling medal is still considered a big deal.  Six weights and now break dancing.  Winter Olympics has all the trash sports/X Games nonsense.  Seems like a waste of time.

Winning a medal with 6 weights is a bigger deal than winning with 10 weights.  Basic math.