Sign in to follow this  
tigerfan

Mizzou advertising for an Asst. Coach?

Just saw this on Facebook.  With Clemsen being replaced by Todd, and Waters moving on being replaced by Dom Bradley, does this mean Joe Johnston has quit and we're looking at a complete staff overhaul?  Who is a quality lightweight coach looking to move to a big time program?

9 hours ago, hammerlockthree said:

Henson should go there for the third time.

He was always a better asst coach anyway.   Not sure of any Mizzou supporter who would be upset with this if it were to happen, though he seems pretty busy with his current venture 

That is a great pick up for AF and a good move for Joe.  Sam Barber is one of the best overall guys in the business and he does a good job at The AF Academy. I have been lucky enough to coach with Sam a few times and you will not find a better man.  The AF Academy is a tough place to recruit the talent that you need to compete at the D1 level.  The biggest sale for me is going into a Academy is a great career choice for the athlete's and you cannot beat living in the Springs area.  Hopefully Joe can help continue building the AF program and good luck to the entire AF Wrestling Team.

Joe's track record with Houdashelt, Mayes, Lavallee, Eierman, Mauller, is tough to beat.  He's a fantastic middleweight coach, and a first class person. He wiil be missed more than most people realize.

22 hours ago, Gantry said:

Man, losing all three assistants in one off season is tough...

Yes it is. Same thing happened at NDSU, and they landed Blanc and will probably get another really good assistant now so maybe there's a silver lining for Missouri and they will come out of this in a better place than where they started. Hopefully so...

On 7/2/2019 at 1:33 AM, Meatey said:

That is a great pick up for AF and a good move for Joe.  Sam Barber is one of the best overall guys in the business and he does a good job at The AF Academy. I have been lucky enough to coach with Sam a few times and you will not find a better man.  The AF Academy is a tough place to recruit the talent that you need to compete at the D1 level.  The biggest sale for me is going into a Academy is a great career choice for the athlete's and you cannot beat living in the Springs area.  Hopefully Joe can help continue building the AF program and good luck to the entire AF Wrestling Team.

Plus the fact that you have 4 years tuition free(plus you get paid) whether you continue to wrestle or not.  Granted, you do owe the country some time but still a great option, imo.

How many times have you seen him and Smith in the same corner?  And who cares what the Flo hacks think.  Nothing against Eierman, but it ain't gonna happen.

Edited by KCMO2

I don't see Eireman coaching MU. While he has done a good job with developing some kids through his clubs I just don't see him being an overall fit into the system. 

Personally I would like to see them go outside of coaches with Missouri ties.  For no reason other than bringing in some diversity.    

Even someone new to coaching. I would love to see a hail mary at someone like Reece Humphrey.  Bring him in as associate head coach.  I know I'm dreaming but he pops into my mind right away.  Tony Ramos could be interesting, or Molinaro.  I don't legitimately think it will be any of them but I would like to see some form of outside the box grab like that.