gowrestle

Zain - Yanni outcome?

Are the legal proceedings still ongoing I imagine? What are the odds that anything happens to change the outcome as egregious as it was?
I'd say it's a 50/50 odds.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

5 minutes ago, treep2000 said:

Is this a "legal" thing?  What US, State, or Local law was broken?  Or... are they just challenging "rulings" and a "regulations" of a sport's governing body?  

Yes...someone could do time over this.

35 minutes ago, treep2000 said:

Is this a "legal" thing?  What US, State, or Local law was broken?  Or... are they just challenging "rulings" and a "regulations" of a sport's governing body?  

See Matt Lindland in 2000. Lawyers are involved already. 

Everyone's attention is on the 2nd match that the officials totally botched, but Zane won the first match with some pretty sketchy, and questionable  calls as well.

Edited by Coachp

19 minutes ago, Coachp said:

Everyone's attention is on the 2nd match that the officials totally botched, but Zane won the first match with some pretty shady, and questionable  calls as well.

Freestyle rules are a mess. Almost every match has calls that clearly can be questioned. 

28 minutes ago, Coachp said:

Everyone's attention is on the 2nd match that the officials totally botched, but Zane won the first match with some pretty sketchy, and questionable  calls as well.

I agree.  But it was too close to say Y won it.  You have to win it to say you beat someone.  I would say that Z looked better than Y.

mspart

Freestyle rules are a mess. Almost every match has calls that clearly can be questioned. 

That's not entirely true. The freestyle bouts we see are usually two highly skilled wrestlers competing at a very high level. The wrestling continues to evolve faster than the rules. That's where it's gets hard to call the high level bouts. Plus there is bias in the officiating even at s subliminal level.

7 hours ago, cjc007 said:

That's not entirely true. The freestyle bouts we see are usually two highly skilled wrestlers competing at a very high level. The wrestling continues to evolve faster than the rules. That's where it's gets hard to call the high level bouts. Plus there is bias in the officiating even at s subliminal level.

Good point. Unfortunately so many just don’t see what’s happening. 

13 hours ago, cjc007 said:

Same thing happens in folk, lots of matches end in controversy, see this year's finals and the wrestling is evolving so are the rules, look at the danger position rules, reaction time for a TD, not moving up being stalling a 5 count etc 

Edited by Jim L

12 hours ago, TBar1977 said:

Zain was not only the better wrestler that nite, but also clearly the more aggressive wrestler.

Largely true.  People are missing the fact that this wasn't just a possible blown call that cost THE match but one of a possible three, the way Yanni  “beat” McKenna for the NCAA title with a rather dubious call.  

Zain clearly won the first and was  equally competitive in the second.  It’s not like he was losing big and won on a disputed touch fall.

What  bothered me was the timing of the call and the fact that Yanni couldn’t go back and wrestle from the time of the reversal. 

17 hours ago, mspart said:

I agree.  But it was too close to say Y won it.  You have to win it to say you beat someone.  I would say that Z looked better than Y.

mspart

The part of the first match I questioned the most was 2 and 2 for Z, when it could have been at least 2 for Y, so 6 or even an 8 point swing. I think the head official at the table has a picture of Zain on his bedroom ceiling based on his decisions in both matches.

5 minutes ago, Coachp said:

The part of the first match I questioned the most was 2 and 2 for Z, when it could have been at least 2 for Y, so 6 or even an 8 point swing. I think the head official at the table has a picture of Zain on his bedroom ceiling based on his decisions in both matches.

Or you have one of Yanni

5 hours ago, tbert said:

Or you have one of Yanni

LOL, no, and not even a big Yanni, vs Zane fan either, I support them both,.... I just dont want to see what we saw in those matches. These guys are putting their whole lives into this, and they deserve better from the judges that what happened.

If nothing else happens, I hope the head official is never allowed to officiate above a kids level match again.