gowrestle

Zain - Yanni outcome?

I really dont see how anyone is accepting of the officiating or outcome of that match. Its like if the Chiefs were running out the clock against the Patriots in the 4th quarter up by 6 and the Pats challenged a call that overturned a Chiefs touchdown from the 3rd quarter, winning them the game. In no other sport would this be acceptable, and yet here we are, with nobody in any position of power admitting that something is wrong.

The second match should be re-wrestled, but that's not going to happen. Zane will be our representative. A bunch of imbeciles will continue to run and officiate this sport.

8 hours ago, ohcomeon said:

I really dont see how anyone is accepting of the officiating or outcome of that match. Its like if the Chiefs were running out the clock against the Patriots in the 4th quarter up by 6 and the Pats challenged a call that overturned a Chiefs touchdown from the 3rd quarter, winning them the game. In no other sport would this be acceptable, and yet here we are, with nobody in any position of power admitting that something is wrong.

The second match should be re-wrestled, but that's not going to happen. Zane will be our representative. A bunch of imbeciles will continue to run and officiate this sport.

I get the brick came out late but even if it came out right after that call was made they wouldn’t have stopped to review anyway, they always wait until their is a stoppage but the ref was letting them wrestle. It’s my opinion that the refs went that far back in the review on there own because they didn’t have a consensus between them.  Just saying your analogy is just silly. 

Edited by Ogalthorpe Haywood

The brick should be thrown after the points were awarded, not 45 seconds later on a Hail Mary challenge.

The fact that the didn't re wrestled the last 45 seconds is absurd.

It's too bad the refs blew the call. It was a great bout.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

49 minutes ago, cjc007 said:

The brick should be thrown after the points were awarded, not 45 seconds later on a Hail Mary challenge.

The fact that the didn't re wrestled the last 45 seconds is absurd.

It's too bad the refs blew the call. It was a great bout.

The brick can be thrown "at any reasonable time" according to the official doing the match. That 5 second thing isn't even a rule. As far as who actually scored there, Zain initiated that attack. Yianni's leg was way up high ion the air way over his own head. Can't say he initiated at all. Then there was the first exchange of the match which could easily have been scored 4-2 Zain  Zain was the better guy. 

On 6/29/2019 at 8:06 AM, Sstern said:

Largely true.  People are missing the fact that this wasn't just a possible blown call that cost THE match but one of a possible three, the way Yanni  “beat” McKenna for the NCAA title with a rather dubious call. 

Ooh, "quotes."

12 hours ago, ohcomeon said:

I really dont see how anyone is accepting of the officiating or outcome of that match. Its like if the Chiefs were running out the clock against the Patriots in the 4th quarter up by 6 and the Pats challenged a call that overturned a Chiefs touchdown from the 3rd quarter, winning them the game. In no other sport would this be acceptable

It can happen in golf.

17 hours ago, Coachp said:

LOL, no, and not even a big Yanni, vs Zane fan either, I support them both,.... I just dont want to see what we saw in those matches. These guys are putting their whole lives into this, and they deserve better from the judges that what happened.

If nothing else happens, I hope the head official is never allowed to officiate above a kids level match again.

Dont see that happening, He is our representative in most world and olympic competitions.

There is no provision in the rules to do this. I worry that there are people out there who think that was an option.

How long after points are signaled is appropriate for the brick to be thrown.

Ten, fifteen, thirty seconds. A minute?

Two minutes?

Two minutes?

What's your point? All I'm saying is that you can't go back and rewrestle a part of the match. It's not permitted under the rules, and it seems like some people don't know that.

3 hours ago, IronChef said:

What's your point? All I'm saying is that you can't go back and rewrestle a part of the match. It's not permitted under the rules, and it seems like some people don't know that.

Then the only thing they can do at this point, is have the integrity to rule the result of the match null and void, based on the scoring being wrong, and wrestle match 2 again, and then 3 if needed.

10 hours ago, cjc007 said:

Two minutes?

whatever is reasonable given the circumstances. It's not an exact time.

4 hours ago, Coachp said:

Then the only thing they can do at this point, is have the integrity to rule the result of the match null and void, based on the scoring being wrong, and wrestle match 2 again, and then 3 if needed.

Or they can have the integrity to accept the result of the scoring that occurred that nite. They ruled Zain the winner, integrity is accepting the correct result and not changing it because Yianni fans can't accept that he lost.

Edited by TBar1977

34 minutes ago, TBar1977 said:

Or they can have the integrity to accept the result of the scoring that occurred that nite. They ruled Zain the winner, integrity is accepting the correct result and not changing it because Yianni fans can't accept that he lost.

Everyone, including you, knows the score wasn't correct.

Fix it....do the right thing.

I have an innovative idea!

Hear me out...

Zain has an slight advantage given the current outcome...

Lets have him reach into a bag of balls and draw one.

the rules are fine. The officiating was questionable, but the outcome of this thing isn't going to change in any way that is "fair".

Lets move on.

9 hours ago, Coachp said:

Everyone, including you, knows the score wasn't correct.

Fix it....do the right thing.

That is obviously not true. The officials thought they got the score correct.

I thought Zain got screwed at the very start of Match 2. I also feel he initiated that final sequence. Happy they got that call right.

On 6/30/2019 at 12:21 AM, ohcomeon said:

So you’re saying the NFL didn’t send the wrong NFC team to the Super Bowl last year?

19 hours ago, TBar1977 said:

this is just not good faith.

whether or not the 5 second challenge rule is literal and/or enforceable is a good faith debate. "u mad" is trolling bull****.

25 minutes ago, NJDan said:

Regardless of the merits of the challenge, it's absurd that USAW has not indicated who will hear the change, when it will be heard and when it will be decided.

I agree...also nothing official date wise from them on dake/dinger.  Ot at least what I have seen.

Edited by tbert

54 minutes ago, ugarte said:

this is just not good faith.

whether or not the 5 second challenge rule is literal and/or enforceable is a good faith debate. "u mad" is trolling bull****.

I know your screen name to be associated with Cornell, so quite naturally you want Yianni to be handed a second crack at the apple. The system does not work that way and running down opinions contrary to your own does not change this fact. 

The match was decided when Zain beat Yianni on the mat according to the crew doing the match. Your opinion as to who won, mine, Rob Koll (arguing from a biased perspective and doing a lousy job of it, no need for him to take personal shots at members of that crew), or anyone else's don't matter. The officials got the score wrong during the match. They did so by calling three different scores, so that had to be dealt with. The match was stopped at the point that made sense, and the sequence was reviewed and officially scored. You can't just go about re scoring matches because you don't like the results.