Sign in to follow this  
aknipp

Hutmacher to Nebraska

To play football unfortunately. Happy that he's at NU,  though wish he chose wrestling instead. Hard to argue with the 4 year guaranteed scholarships in FB.    

37 minutes ago, aknipp said:

To play football unfortunately. Happy that he's at NU,  though wish he chose wrestling instead. Hard to argue with the 4 year guaranteed scholarships in FB.    

Dont forget the potential NFL career if he continues to develop, which wont be a problem physically since Zach Duval is one of, if not the best strength and conditioning guy in CFB, along with Tony Funoti as a position coach..

Edited by Coachp

I kind of had the feeling he would end up going with football. As big as he is he could end up plenty over 300, holding 285 might could have taken a bit of work.. 

5 hours ago, BLT said:

I kind of had the feeling he would end up going with football. As big as he is he could end up plenty over 300, holding 285 might could have taken a bit of work.. 

He is cutting down from 300 now, and he and his Dad are heavily into weight training, so my guess is he will play over 320. I would love to see him wrestle, but not in the cards.

Does anyone know if he and Stevesen matched up on the high school circuit, Are they just 1 year apart, or two?

3 hours ago, Coachp said:

He is cutting down from 300 now, and he and his Dad are heavily into weight training, so my guess is he will play over 320. I would love to see him wrestle, but not in the cards.

Does anyone know if he and Stevesen matched up on the high school circuit, Are they just 1 year apart, or two?

They're 2 years apart. He lost very close to Schultz.  

On 6/29/2019 at 12:29 PM, Coachp said:

Dont forget the potential NFL career if he continues to develop, which wont be a problem physically since Zach Duval is one of, if not the best strength and conditioning guy in CFB, along with Tony Funoti as a position coach..

I've got news for you....doubtful Nash needs much of a strength coach. He and his Dad are big time power lifters.

He needs to be used properly, however.  They'll probably stick him on the O Line but he would make a fantastic Nose Tackle.

On 6/29/2019 at 6:45 PM, Coachp said:

Don't know about Steveson or Kerkveleit, but he had two matches with Cassioppi. One close loss and won loss by pin if I recall correctly.

On 6/29/2019 at 7:45 PM, Coachp said:

9 minutes ago, BadgerMon said:

Don't know about Steveson or Kerkveleit, but he had two matches with Cassioppi. One close loss and won loss by pin if I recall correctly.

Neither were particularly close. He probably would have pinned him the first time too, but his huge double to Hutmacher's back was called a slam, a 6 point swing at least. He then rode Hutmacher for the rest of the match. Rideout in the second, quick reversal followed by another ride out in the 3rd for a 3-1 win (reversal and stall point for Cassioppi and penalty for the slam for Hutmacher).

Hutmacher is a physical specimen, but wasn't at that elite level as a wrestler. Gable would have tooled him up pretty good. I obviously would love to see him wrestle, but I don't think he's the same kind of recruit we've seen at heavyweight the last couple years. I'd put him close to a Seth Nevills level, but I'd still take Nevills. He's athletic and strong enough to keep it close with some of the top guys, but I don't think he'd seriously threaten.

56 minutes ago, BadgerMon said:

I've got news for you....doubtful Nash needs much of a strength coach. He and his Dad are big time power lifters.

He needs to be used properly, however.  They'll probably stick him on the O Line but he would make a fantastic Nose Tackle.

Reportedly he will play nose tackle.  I'm skeptical of a 6 foot 4 NT. But I think the coaches will be able to use him correctly. 

2 hours ago, qc8223 said:

Neither were particularly close. He probably would have pinned him the first time too, but his huge double to Hutmacher's back was called a slam, a 6 point swing at least. He then rode Hutmacher for the rest of the match. Rideout in the second, quick reversal followed by another ride out in the 3rd for a 3-1 win (reversal and stall point for Cassioppi and penalty for the slam for Hutmacher).

Hutmacher is a physical specimen, but wasn't at that elite level as a wrestler. Gable would have tooled him up pretty good. I obviously would love to see him wrestle, but I don't think he's the same kind of recruit we've seen at heavyweight the last couple years. I'd put him close to a Seth Nevills level, but I'd still take Nevills. He's athletic and strong enough to keep it close with some of the top guys, but I don't think he'd seriously threaten.

I think this is a perfectly fair assessment. 

I do think he would AA eventually if he dedicated himself to wrestling though. He is a physical specimen. 

On 7/1/2019 at 5:55 PM, Housebuye said:

I think this is a perfectly fair assessment. 

I do think he would AA eventually if he dedicated himself to wrestling though. He is a physical specimen. 

Fair to Nash- he was a sophomore when he wrestled Cassioppi, who was a senior. No one touched Nash this past season. Not sure if anyone made it to the second period.

And a slam IS a slam, and therefore an illegal move. Can't take that into conversation. Totally agree that Cass owned him though.

Gable is pretty special, no doubt.

Edited by BadgerMon