J_Aferiat51

PSU Coaching Tree

I'm a wrestling reporter for Penn State's student newspaper and I'm doing a story on some former Penn State wrestlers that became coaches and looking to talk to a few. I'm trying to find as many current D1 head coaches or assistant/associate head coaches that wrestled for PSU.

I have a list right now of:

West Virginia HC Tim Flynn

Lehigh Assoc. HC John Hughes

Bloomsburg Asst. Russ Hughes

Lock Haven HC Scott Moore

Cleveland St. HC Josh Moore

Cleveland St. Asst. Clint Musser

Northwestern HC Matt Storniolo

Campbell HC Cary Kolat

Former Maryland HC Kerry McCoy

Any names I'm missing or forgot that anyone knows of, please don't hesitate to let me know. 

4 minutes ago, NJDan said:

I always thought a coaching tree refers to former assistants who have become head coaches.

You're right. It was just the first title that came to mind. Didn't want to mislead anyone or anything like that. Shoddy wording on my part. My bad on that front.

The facilities arms race in college sports has actually touched wrestling in the form of RTCs .... Amazing. College football (and now wrestling and other sports) Taj Mahals are being built on college campuses everywhere (at least the have's). It's only a matter of time until curling and break dancing RTCs become a thing. Maybe gaming RTCs will come first. Wrestling RTCs are a small pimple on the bloated ravaged face of big-money-corrupted college sports (no chance of a Pulitzer for me). Sooner or later something's gotta give. 

7 hours ago, swoopdown said:

The facilities arms race in college sports has actually touched wrestling in the form of RTCs .... Amazing. College football (and now wrestling and other sports) Taj Mahals are being built on college campuses everywhere (at least the have's). It's only a matter of time until curling and break dancing RTCs become a thing. Maybe gaming RTCs will come first. Wrestling RTCs are a small pimple on the bloated ravaged face of big-money-corrupted college sports (no chance of a Pulitzer for me). Sooner or later something's gotta give. 

https://es.pn/2yMQGYP

eSports is way ahead

If we're counting assistants, Frank Molinaro was at Rutgers for a bit and is now at VT. Seems to be doing a damn good job too.
Do you really think Molinaro is coaching at VA Tech?

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk