CoachWrestling

Dake to compete in Spain before wrestle off with Dieringer

I know a lot of people are freaking out about this, but seriously, why not let the returning gold medalist knock of the rust, so we send the best guy? I'm sure Dieringer wants the best version of Dake possible.

1 hour ago, Molsen said:

I know a lot of people are freaking out about this, but seriously, why not let the returning gold medalist knock of the rust, so we send the best guy? I'm sure Dieringer wants the best version of Dake possible.

No Deringer wants to beat Dake, ASAP and then start training for the world championship.  I'm officially in the AD camp from here on out.

2 hours ago, Molsen said:

Dieringer wants the best version of Dake?! He doesnt give a rat's arse about Dake.  He is interested in what's best for Alex Dieringer!

9 hours ago, CoachWrestling said:

How pathetic is this? It’s crazy how bad this system is.

The system is set up to favor guys who have already proven to be the best in the world. Dake was on the wrong side of that system for years and complained about it being unfair. Now he’s taking advantage of being a defending world champion and the advantages that come with that.

I thought the date for the dake/derringer match was supposedly the first date dake was cleared to compete again? Guessing that's not the case? It is somewhat ironic the level at which dake complained about the unfavorable circumstances when he was going against it but now milks it far more than Burroughs ever did. That does seem to be the Cornell way under Koll, though

10 minutes ago, Ogalthorpe Haywood said:

USA wrestling needs to question this, supposedly the first date Dake could compete was August 17th. Their is a reason they set these spots in June, to give the athletes plenty of time to train and peak at the right time. 

They did... story is that Dake brought a 2nd doctor's note asking for a chance to compete before the wrestle-off, USAW committee voted in Dake's favor 4-3.  

1 minute ago, buckeyehomer said:

I feel like a dumbass here because I seem to be the only one who has no problem with this? Dude is a returning world champ. I feel like anyone who has a problem with it just knows Ringer ain't beating him at 100%...

Dake should be favored to win that match, but he shouldn't have the right to totally manipulate the time of the match. What's to stop him from bringing lawyers and dr.'s notes to USA Wrestling and getting the date moved yet again? 

14 minutes ago, TBar1977 said:

Dake should be favored to win that match, but he shouldn't have the right to totally manipulate the time of the match. What's to stop him from bringing lawyers and dr.'s notes to USA Wrestling and getting the date moved yet again? 

I see what you are saying. I guess I just have too much faith in that Dake is just doing what needs to be done for him to have a healthy shot. But I guess RE: the David Taylor injury...life isn't fair.

1 minute ago, buckeyehomer said:

I see what you are saying. I guess I just have too much faith in that Dake is just doing what needs to be done for him to have a healthy shot. But I guess RE: the David Taylor injury...life isn't fair.

Dake was quoted in a recent FRL interview (the one where Bader and him go for a walk near that waterfall) saying something to the effect of t he later the wrestle off can occur the better it is for him, meaning for Kyle Dake. But pretty sure the rules state he is supposed to wrestle off as early as possible. So there is a conflict between what Kyle thinks is best for Kyle and what the actual rules are. Looks to me like Kyle came up with his own solution to that conflict, which was to cite some Amatuer Athletics Act and threaten to bring in Lawyers. 

He then makes a total mockery of the process by competing in the exact time frame he previously stated he could not compete in. He used a doctor to say he could not compete in July. Then after he got the date HE wanted, he went back to the well with another doctor's note to say he could compete in the same exact time frame he previously said he couldn't compete in. He is abusing the process. 

58 minutes ago, Perry said:

I thought the date for the dake/derringer match was supposedly the first date dake was cleared to compete again? Guessing that's not the case? It is somewhat ironic the level at which dake complained about the unfavorable circumstances when he was going against it but now milks it far more than Burroughs ever did. That does seem to be the Cornell way under Koll, though

What exactly did JB “milk”?

It seems to me he played by the rules, including by winning the US Open in 2011 and 2017 in order to earn byes to the WTT finals.

Is JB supposed to reject the qualification process to satisfy his competitors’ fans?

1 hour ago, Perry said:

Dake complained more while on the mat than any USA wrestler in recent memory. Always looking to the official for help. Why shouldn't we expect this to carry over to off the mat situations? Throw the Yianni situation on top of this and like you said, this  seems to be the Cornell way under Koll. 

If it can't be won on the mat, then get lawyers and threaten everyone with financially impactful lawsuits. 

My thoughts exactly...what if he conveniently gets “injured” competing in Spain? Then he brings in more lawyers? Wrestles off in September? I want Ringer to have the maximum amount of time to train for the World Championship if he beats Dake (which is a real possibility imo). It’s one thing to think the system is unfair. It’s a completely different thing to game the system with a last minute injury, and compete in a major tournament before the date when your injury is healed up. This is some Shady, Entitlement, Lawyer BS....and they are gaming the system that was already set in place and favored Dake.

TBar- did Cornell take your first born? Seems you have a hatred for anyone having ever been associated with the program... Do you dislike all Cornell athletics or just those associated with the wrestling team? I’m honestly just curious because every post that brings up someone from Cornell you can’t help but sh*t all over them haha: 

Edited by DoubleHalf
Sp

4 minutes ago, DoubleHalf said:

TBar- did Cornell take your first born? Seems you have a hatred for anyone having ever been associated with the program... Do you dislike all Cornell athletics or just those associated with the wrestling team? I’m honestly just curious because every post that brings up someone from Cornell you can’t help but sh*t all over them haha: 

That is a cop out. Just dealing with how Koll has lawyered up the wrestling world.