CoachWrestling

Dake to compete in Spain before wrestle off with Dieringer

14 hours ago, 1032004 said:

Pyles said it.  He knows more about the situation than anyone on this site.

Wasn't  Pyles the Flow expert that knew Dake was going 74k this year? He definitely knows more about the situation than anyone on this site.

Wasn't  Pyles the Flow expert that knew Dake was going 74k this year? He definitely knows more about the situation than anyone on this site.
Sounds like a Pyles of Sh*t
(Anyone use that yet)
DoesntMatter
August 17th
GO RINGER!!!!!!

53 minutes ago, leshismore said:

I’m glad you like my psychoanalysis. Sorry that Dake is so deep in your head. Your moral-high-ground is a tad too tall for me  

Bottom line is this. Has Dake always been the best in every situation?  NO!  No one has. We all know many who are much worse  

But for keyboard warriors to waste their time and energy complaining about Dake is quite sad. But knock yourself out if it makes you less insecure. 

You could of saved all the verbage and simply quoted Kyle...

"What an idiot"

1 hour ago, TBar1977 said:

Dake told Bader that getting the late August date was what was best for HIM. Character or Pure Self Interest at Ringer's expense? 

I doubt Ringer, JB or anyone else in Dake's position would be interested in wrestling the moment they're able, or acting against their best interests in any other manner, and expecting otherwise seems a bit naive.

2 hours ago, TBar1977 said:

Dake told Bader that getting the late August date was what was best for HIM. Character or Pure Self Interest at Ringer's expense? 

Oh, wait. Dake is doing what is best for him? Unacceptable!! Cheater! Lock him up! If its enough time for Dake to peak for worlds, then I'm sure its enough time for Dieringer to peak for worlds. Dakes goal is likely another gold medal, not just making the team. Whoever gets the spot will be ready.

1 hour ago, DanGerMan said:

Watch FRL 369 starting  around 1:30. Pyles is announcing that Dake will go 79K and falls on his sword when he says that he has been saying the Dake at 74k thing since the last Worlds.

Did he claim to have any inside knowledge of it or was he just making a prediction?  He specifically said "he was told" info about what the committee said regarding the Dake situation.  I don't know if anyone else reported something similar to what Pyles did about the committee originally not wanting Dake to compete before the match with Ringer, but others did corroborate the story about the 4-3 vote.

7 hours ago, leshismore said:

I love how people are bashing on Dake.  How insecure are you behind your keyboard while mommy makes you toast.

Dake has done more than any of you guys while he was still in high school [and even Jr. High]... let alone 4 NCAA titles at 4 weights [with no redshirt], and oh... moved up to beat a DT Hodge winner and future world champion several times at that.

And for $&it's and giggles, he won Worlds last year without giving up a point.  

But you guys know better than he does.  Got it. Real tough guys.

Why not just look in the mirror tomorrow morning with crud in your eyes, and say to yourself:

"I will never accomplish anything near what he has... maybe I should just shut up while I am ahead..."

Trust me... Noone will deeply miss your critiques. 

Calm down dude, it's an internet message board, I'm pretty sure everyone here knows anyone that is talked about here has accomplished way more than 99.9% of the people posting here.  That doesn't mean they are immune to criticism.   I guess no one should report on any sporting events unless you were a Hall of Famer because after all most people writing about sports will never accomplish anything near what the person they're writing about has.

And what do you mean "we know better than he does" anyway?  Of course delaying the match is what's best for him, that's the whole argument.    He should be allowed time to recover from his injury, but shouldn't need to take his sweet time in doing so.

1 hour ago, 1032004 said:

Calm down dude, it's an internet message board, I'm pretty sure everyone here knows anyone that is talked about here has accomplished way more than 99.9% of the people posting here.  That doesn't mean they are immune to criticism.   I guess no one should report on any sporting events unless you were a Hall of Famer because after all most people writing about sports will never accomplish anything near what the person they're writing about has.

And what do you mean "we know better than he does" anyway?  Of course delaying the match is what's best for him, that's the whole argument.    He should be allowed time to recover from his injury, but shouldn't need to take his sweet time in doing so.

The guy that wrestled in spain, isnt even close to 100% Dake. He wrestled the tournament to try to help get back to form. Why is that a problem. Hes not taking his sweet time, hes trying to get back into form.

9 hours ago, Molsen said:

The guy that wrestled in spain, isnt even close to 100% Dake. He wrestled the tournament to try to help get back to form. Why is that a problem. Hes not taking his sweet time, hes trying to get back into form.

He couldn't accomplish this at Cornell? 

4 minutes ago, TBar1977 said:

Get back into form to compete against one of the the top four guys in the world when having not competed in a year?  No, he cannot accomplish this in the Cornell wrestling room. I don't know if anyone could accomplish top form, in that scenario, without competitions.

Here's a question...

If it takes outside the room competition to get reasonably ready (a common assertion in this thread), then why did Dake wait until the deadline to file for the extension.  He knew he needed months of prep and overseas matches so he knew months out he wasn't taking part in Final X.  Why the wait to file for extension?  The only reason is to make Dieringer get his weight down and peak for no reason.  

Dake is well within his rights here and USA Wrestling created this animal, but Dake has turned the gamesmanship up to 11.

48 minutes ago, Lurker said:

Get back into form to compete against one of the the top four guys in the world when having not competed in a year?  No, he cannot accomplish this in the Cornell wrestling room. I don't know if anyone could accomplish top form, in that scenario, without competitions.

I suggest Sake could get partners at FLWC as good as those seen in Spain. They don't have be from FLWC, he could bring them in.

Edited by TBar1977

12 minutes ago, TBar1977 said:

I suggest Sake could get partners at FLWC as good as those seen in Spain. They don't have be from FLWC, he could bring them in.

Regardless of who he would bring in, wrestling in competition is different than wrestling live goes in the room.  You can't be out of competition for a year, recover from an injury, and expect to be in top form your first true competitive match.  Regardless of who you've had training with you.

1 hour ago, boconnell said:

Here's a question...... why did Dake wait until the deadline to file for the extension ...

"why did he follow the rules?"

the last day to file is a valid day to file. why would he file any earlier when filing earlier means making judgments about your own future on *less* information. not only does everyone know the deadline date but - based only on what was posted on this board - everyone knew that dake was going to ask for an extension. the idea that dieringer was surprised by the request because it came on the last day is silly.

Edited by ugarte

4 minutes ago, Katie said:

Being a Dake fan must be exhausting.

Dake fans from 2013 to 2017: The rules are rigged!!!

Dake fans in 2019: Rules are rules! =P

at least keep us straight! my position is that JB beat Dake, Dake screwed up by ducking a vulnerable JB and underestimated Cox. no complaints about the rules.

my other position is that the current situation only "disadvantages" dieringer in exactly the way the rules were intended to disadvantage challengers. this is basically the complaint that some dake fans have about the old one-day format, but i didn't complain then when it hurt dake so i don't feel bad about not caring about the people whining now that it helps him.

Edited by ugarte

In defense of Pyles, it seems pretty clear that Dake is only staying at 79 this year due to this injury.  He literally could not go 74.  The injury coming out changed everything.  Logic dictates Dake should have been at 74 this year if physically capable.

41 minutes ago, ugarte said:

"why did he follow the rules?"

the last day to file is a valid day to file. why would he file any earlier when filing earlier means making judgments about your own future on *less* information. not only does everyone know the deadline date but - based only on what was posted on this board - everyone knew that dake was going to ask for an extension. the idea that dieringer was surprised by the request because it came on the last day is silly.

If it takes 2 months of prep to get ready (including international travel and competition), then what more information was needed to ask for the extension?  What's the point in asking last minute if you knew you needed the time?

If you can't acknowledge the gamesmanship going on you're squeezing your eyes shut and burying your head in the sand.

51 minutes ago, Katie said:

Being a Dake fan must be exhausting.

Dake fans from 2013 to 2017: The rules are rigged!!!

Dake fans in 2019: Rules are rules! =P

The big difference being, some Dake fans may have voiced disagreement with the rules in past trials but I don't recall anyone slamming Borroughs for benefiting from them.

Likewise, I have no issue with anyone voicing displeasure with the current rules, but IMO, some of the criticism of Dake is way over the line. 

27 minutes ago, boconnell said:

If it takes 2 months of prep to get ready (including international travel and competition), then what more information was needed to ask for the extension?  What's the point in asking last minute if you knew you needed the time?

If you can't acknowledge the gamesmanship going on you're squeezing your eyes shut and burying your head in the sand.

First of all, on the question "what more information?,"  "an evaluation of his recovery relative to where he needs to be" is more informative the later he gets it. Second of all, I'm not saying it's not gamesmanship, i'm saying "it is entirely appropriate to do something legal" and the complaining about following the rules but not giving yourself a disadvantage is whiny and ridiculous.

Edited by ugarte

4 hours ago, TBar1977 said:

Probably not, but more importantly, why should he have to?

Absent a specific rule prohibiting recovering wrestlers from competing outside the four walls of their RTC (and why would such a rule exist), I'm not sure why he shouldn't prepare himself as he sees fit.

2 hours ago, boconnell said:

Then I'm guessing you are upset with Taylor's Gamesmanship also? His was worse imo.