On 7/3/2019 at 5:35 AM, spladle08 said:

You replied in my comment. So it took me a second to see it.

Love.me some Sidakov but the top 4 or 5 at that weight are all right there with each other. Pick any of
Sidakov
Chamizo
Burroughs and I wouldnt be surprised if they won it or took 5th.

Really excited about the weight at worlds.
Wondering how Asgarov looks here.

Sorry about posting in your quote. I agree with you that Sidakov, Burroughs and Chamizo are all in the mix here, but I would emphasize certain factors. First, international freestylers have career trajectories, they peak and develop at different times, and they mature and grow. Of the three mentioned above, Sidakov is in a significantly better place in his career trajectory. He hasn't come close to his peak, he has a deep, deep gas tank, he is handling competitors more easily, AND he defeated Burroughs and Chamizo in their last meetings. Would I be surprised if Burroughs beat Sidakov? Not greatly surprised. I also wouldn't be surprised if Sidakov handled JB by a much bigger margin than last match, either. I don't think Sidakov gets surprised by those long-distance diving double shots that JB scored 4 points on in their last match. 

Edited by pa in taiwan

Sorry about posting in your quote. I agree with you that Sidakov, Burroughs and Chamizo are all in the mix here, but I would emphasize certain factors. First, international freestylers have career trajectories, they peak and develop at different times, and they mature and grow. Of the three mentioned above, Sidakov is in a significantly better place in his career trajectory. He hasn't come close to his peak, he has a deep, deep gas tank, he is handling competitors more easily, AND he defeated Burroughs and Chamizo in their last meetings. Would I be surprised if Burroughs beat Sidakov? Not greatly surprised. I also wouldn't be surprised if Sidakov handled JB by a much bigger margin than last match, either. I don't think Sidakov gets surprised by those long-distance diving double shots that JB scored 4 points on in their last match. 
Bold.

Dont get me wrong Sidakov is young and the defending champ. But he had some late match heroics just to make the finals at the euro games.
And his win in the first round over the Georgian (rematch of world finals) was close as well. His pin over Demirtas was more of a fluke (deserved win and nice pin but you know not to expect that in the future) ....

But I guess we have seen what? 4+ guys (Tsargush, Geduev, Tsabolov, Sidakov, I think there was one more rep but cant remember) at this weight since Burroughs took over.
Trajectory aside. As Burroughs said "nobody has beaten me twice"
he's the constant as Russia throws out new competitors.
Love me some Sidakov and how game he always is. But he doesnt have a lot of seperation from the field.
And with Burroughs track record and the way the last match played out, coupled with the unpredictable style of Chamizo, and the overall toughness of the weight, I dont see how you can be confident Sidakov makes the finals, much less wins it.

17 minutes ago, spladle08 said:

Bold.

Dont get me wrong Sidakov is young and the defending champ. But he had some late match heroics just to make the finals at the euro games.
And his win in the first round over the Georgian (rematch of world finals) was close as well. His pin over Demirtas was more of a fluke (deserved win and nice pin but you know not to expect that in the future) ....

But I guess we have seen what? 4+ guys (Tsargush, Geduev, Tsabolov, Sidakov, I think there was one more rep but cant remember) at this weight since Burroughs took over.
Trajectory aside. As Burroughs said "nobody has beaten me twice"
he's the constant as Russia throws out new competitors.
Love me some Sidakov and how game he always is. But he doesnt have a lot of seperation from the field.
And with Burroughs track record and the way the last match played out, coupled with the unpredictable style of Chamizo, and the overall toughness of the weight, I dont see how you can be confident Sidakov makes the finals, much less wins it.

Not bold at all! I DID mention that I wouldn't be surprised if JB beat Sidakov. Any win by Sidakov would most likely be by a bigger margin than last match, where Sidakov scored the push out to tie and win in the final few seconds. It would have been a tie without the brick of desperation. 

Three of the four Russians you mentioned have wins over Jordan Burroughs. "No man has beaten me twice" means nothing to me. JB is 3-1 against Tsargush, 1-1 against Geduev, and 0-1 against Sidakov.

I agree with you that the field at Yasar Dogu at this weight is killer. Personally, I would love to see Bekzod Abdurakhmonov on that list. He's another gamer at 74kg. 

It should be great wrestling all around!

Not bold at all! I DID mention that I wouldn't be surprised if JB beat Sidakov. Any win by Sidakov would most likely be by a bigger margin than last match, where Sidakov scored the push out to tie and win in the final few seconds. It would have been a tie without the brick of desperation. 

Three of the four Russians you mentioned have wins over Jordan Burroughs. "No man has beaten me twice" means nothing to me. JB is 3-1 against Tsargush, 1-1 against Geduev, and 0-1 against Sidakov.

I agree with you that the field at Yasar Dogu at this weight is killer. Personally, I would love to see Bekzod Abdurakhmonov on that list. He's another gamer at 74kg. 

It should be great wrestling all around!

Truth!

74kg and 86kg will both be excellent weights.... let's go!!! (I'm so impatient)

I thought 65kg was deeper, just looked at it again and I think I was combining the euro games a couple weeks ago with Dogu as far as entrants, its not as elite as I'd thought.

65kg should be fun at Yasar Dogu. Besides the Yianni and Zain entries, there's Bajrang, Rahimzade, Biabini, Opan Sat, Kilicsallayan and others. 

Once again, 65kg should be wide open for the taking here at Dogu, at Worlds, and also at Olympics next year.  

45 minutes ago, 2td3nf said:

65kg should be fun at Yasar Dogu. Besides the Yianni and Zain entries, there's Bajrang, Rahimzade, Biabini, Opan Sat, Kilicsallayan and others. 

Once again, 65kg should be wide open for the taking here at Dogu, at Worlds, and also at Olympics next year.  

Bajrang is going 70kg. He is going down for worlds

2 minutes ago, Housebuye said:

Bajrang is going 70kg. He is going down for worlds

Was just going off the Flo article. Bajrang won Dogu at 70 last year. Thought Flo had him in the 65 bracket this year.

Either way, looks like a fantastic tournament at most all weight classes. Really want to see Downey go deep into the bracket and see how he matches up with a bunch of world class 86ers. 

Went back to the Flo article and both Yazdanis are entered at their respective 86 and 97.

Don't know what the seeds will be or who will advance in the brackets, but would be real nice to see Snyder vs Yazdani and Downey vs Yazdani somewhere in this tournament. Finals would be real cool.   

25 minutes ago, 2td3nf said:

Went back to the Flo article and both Yazdanis are entered at their respective 86 and 97.

Don't know what the seeds will be or who will advance in the brackets, but would be real nice to see Snyder vs Yazdani and Downey vs Yazdani somewhere in this tournament. Finals would be real cool.   

Neither Reza Yazdani nor Hassan Yazdani are going to Dogu.

86 for Iran is Mersad Morghazari and 97 is Abas Forutan and Ali Shabani.

Nothing wrong with him wrestling and getting more experience with current competition. What happens if Zain gets sick or hurt somehow and can't compete at Worlds? Might be nice to have the alternate with some current mat time.

12 hours ago, WillieBoy said:

Nothing wrong with him wrestling and getting more experience with current competition. What happens if Zain gets sick or hurt somehow and can't compete at Worlds? Might be nice to have the alternate with some current mat time.

Or if the legal system determines there needs to be a match 3

2 hours ago, FreestyleWrestler said:

Where is Fix? Graff have some family peronal reasons, but i havent see any reasons why Fix not wrestle at Dogu. 

Not sure, but Fix hasn’t been listed for awhile. Fix also posted a picture on the beach a week ago, so it might just not fit into his training schedule. 

Fix may have needed a short break

9 minutes ago, Housebuye said:

Not sure, but Fix hasn’t been listed for awhile. Fix also posted a picture on the beach a week ago, so it might just not fit into his training schedule. 

Fix may have needed a short break

After Final X Fix's camp said immediately that he won't be going to Dogu.  I think that's a good choice--he's the only guy on the team that went through the college season grind.  I'm sure he'll be at the last tune up tourney.  

1 hour ago, steamboat_charlie v2 said:

After Final X Fix's camp said immediately that he won't be going to Dogu.  I think that's a good choice--he's the only guy on the team that went through the college season grind.  I'm sure he'll be at the last tune up tourney.  

Yianni technically