9 hours ago, Cradle1 said:

Thinking he’s a little long in the tooth these days for international wrestling. I recall when I am very young  upstart named Logan Stieber upset a veteran Opan Sat and Logan is retired now so....

Yes Stieber has a early international win over him, but Sat was somewhat young at the time room.   While Sat isn’t a spring chicken,  I recall him doing decently well in the 2017 Worlds. So he may still have a few years left of being competitive. 

Edited by MadMardigain

1 hour ago, pamela said:

Will we be able to watch the livestream from the UWW website, or does Flo or some other company have the US broadcast rights for this event?

When you go to the UWW website, there is a video link for the event (see below) but when you click on it, it says you (I) can't watch it in my local area.  If you click on that, it takes you to FLO's website.  They are broadcasting the event starting at 4 AM, but as I'm pretty sure you know, they are a subscription service. 

https://unitedworldwrestling.org/event/yasar-dogu-5?tab=results

8 hours ago, ugarte said:

coverage starts then - not sure if they are the first weight up

Mat C in any event:

120 | Mat C

John Michael DIAKOMIHALIS (USA) vs. Zain Allen RETHERFORD (USA) 

69 | Mat A

Kaireddine BEN TELILI (TUN) vs. Ali RAHIMZADE (AZE) 

1 hour ago, Cradle1 said:

Thinking he’s a little long in the tooth these days for international wrestling. I recall when I am very young  upstart named Logan Stieber upset a veteran Opan Sat and Logan is retired now so....

Loggie Bear beat Opan Sat after the American officials made Sat redraw the ball when they claimed he could see the balls. With his head turned away. Away from the bag that hid the two balls. Balls that were further concealed by little individual bags. 

Those were the good ole days. 

1 hour ago, MadMardigain said:

Yes Stieber has a early international win over him, but Sat was somewhat young at the time room.   While Sat isn’t a spring chicken,  I recall him doing decently well in the 2017 Worlds. So he may have a fe years left of being competitive. 

He finished 5th without beating anyone who I recognized. But he did lose decisions to both of the guys who teched Steiber. Lost 0-3 to Olympic Champ/5x World medalist Khinch of Georgia and 2-8 to 2x World medalist Rashidov of Russia. 

3 hours ago, freestyle_fan said:

Yianni defeated Zain 9-5. Yianni hit a nice 4 pointer in the last minute!

That was pretty definitive.

High, and quick, finishing percentage, kept Zain off his legs for much of the match, transitioned to laces really well (I thought he even exposed with the first lace), great attack rate, and showed incredible match IQ coming to his feet and initiating that final 4.

Other than giving up that initial takedown, I thought he controlled the entire match.

Really impressed with his performance.