I personally don’t know if invitations were passed along.

I also know that when I wrestled I didn’t receive an invitation to any of the tournaments I participated in. Is it a thing now for individuals to get invitations to wrestling tournaments? 

1 minute ago, DoubleHalf said:

I personally don’t know if invitations were passed along.

I also know that when I wrestled I didn’t receive an invitation to any of the tournaments I participated in. Is it a thing now for individuals to get invitations to wrestling tournaments? 

I think if you are representing the USA then there is a qualification process. Yianni is still a team member by virtue of finishing second at Trials, so maybe that is how this is working. I don't know. It seems other second place finishers would also be there if that is being built into the process. 

Just now, TBar1977 said:

. It seems other second place finishers would also be there if that is being built into the process. 

Well since we are all guessing at this point I’ll take a stab at it.

Maybe the other 2nd place finishers are just too tired from the qualifying process or know they will still be too hung over from celebrating the 4th of July... Or they are heading out jet skiing that day with some hotties...

Have to hand it to yianni to passing up a day on the water with bikini clad co-Ed’s. That’s some dedication...

16 minutes ago, DoubleHalf said:

Well since we are all guessing at this point I’ll take a stab at it.

Maybe the other 2nd place finishers are just too tired from the qualifying process or know they will still be too hung over from celebrating the 4th of July... Or they are heading out jet skiing that day with some hotties...

Have to hand it to yianni to passing up a day on the water with bikini clad co-Ed’s. That’s some dedication...

If he was as good as some think he is then he should be able to do both the co eds and the wrestling. Guess he doesn't like FUN. 

2 minutes ago, TBar1977 said:

Guess he doesn't like FUN. 

Ever see any of his Flo interviews? Seems like the guy loves wrestling and has fun competing. ipso facto maybe wrestling is FUN to him? Damn, the guy really can do it all... bet there’s a big S on his chest too.

2 minutes ago, DoubleHalf said:

Ever see any of his Flo interviews? Seems like the guy loves wrestling and has fun competing. ipso facto maybe wrestling is FUN to him? Damn, the guy really can do it all... bet there’s a big S on his chest too.

You think? I saw Superman one time and he definitely had bikini clad girls with him. 

1 minute ago, TBar1977 said:

You think? I saw Superman one time and he definitely had bikini clad girls with him. 

Dude. Everyone knows Superman only has eyes for Lois Lane, come on. 

Now Bruce Wayne on the other hand gets all kinds of strange...

Can we take a second to appreciate 74kg whoa.....

And what is Asgarov doing up so high.

74kg

Ishak BOUKHORS (ALG)

Toghrul ASGAROV (AZE)

Khadzhimurad GADZHIYEV (AZE)

Miroslav Stefanov KIROV (BUL)

Daniel ANTAL (HUN)

Csaba VIDA (HUN)

Zsombor Istvan GULYAS (HUN)

Amit Kumar DHANKHAR (IND)

Mohammad Ashghar NOKHODILARIMI (IRI)

Mostafa Mohabbali HOSSEINKHANI (IRI)

Frank CHAMIZO MARQUEZ (ITA)

Mansur SYRGAK UULU (KGZ)

Mohamed SESAY (SLE)

Taimuraz SALKAZANOV (SVK)

Maher GHANMI (TUN)

Haithem DAKHLAOUI (TUN)

Fazli ERYILMAZ (TUR)

Soner DEMIRTAS (TUR)

Yakup GOR (TUR)

Jordan Ernest BURROUGHS (USA)

2 minutes ago, spladle08 said:

If it's a joke, funny.
But for really though. Does he have any results from the last 2 years up at 74kg?

i'm not kidding. look at the list, it's alphabetical by country and then by name (i guess?) by ranking within countries with multiple entries.

Edited by ugarte
the within-country names are not all alphabetical

i'm not kidding. look at the list, it's alphabetical by country and then by name within countries with multiple entries.

Sigh, I'm starting to believe you're serious.

I meant what is he doing so high in weight.

Side note, look at 86kg. Wouldve been real interesting had DT not been injured. Hope Downey shocks the world

86kg

Shamil ZUBAIROV (AZE)

Svetoslav Zhivkov DIMITROV (BUL)

Khaled Masoud Ismail ELMOATAMADAWI (EGY)

Taimuraz FRIEV NASKIDAEVA (ESP)

Patrik SZUROVSZKI (HUN)

Richard Ferenc LIGETI (HUN)

Deepak PUNIA (IND)

Hassan Aliazam YAZDANICHARATI (IRI)

Aligadzhi GAMIDGADZHIEV (KGZ)

Muhammad ALI (PAK)

Boris MAKOEV (SVK)

Ayoub BARRAJ (TUN)

Selim YASAR (TUR)

Osman GOCEN (TUR)

Fatih ERDIN (TUR)

James Patrick DOWNEY III (USA)

5 hours ago, steamboat_charlie v2 said:

If he's seriously going...  we need more details on this.  

What happens if he draws Zain early on?  This is a ranking series event, and has real implications for World's.  Would Yianni forfeit?  Would Zadick try to block his entry?  

On its face it looks like blatant dissension.  Whether or not you agree with the decision and failed appeal, this doesn't look great.  

USA wresting does not have the power to stop Yianni from entering. 

I don’t have a problem with Yianni entering. It isn’t his problem. Yianni’s job is to show up, wrestle, and win as much as he can. Then add to that the fact that the world team spot hasn’t been solidified yet, and it makes even more sense. 

4 hours ago, spladle08 said:

Can we take a second to appreciate 74kg whoa.....

And what is Asgarov doing up so high.

74kg

Ishak BOUKHORS (ALG)

Toghrul ASGAROV (AZE)

Khadzhimurad GADZHIYEV (AZE)

Miroslav Stefanov KIROV (BUL)

Daniel ANTAL (HUN)

Csaba VIDA (HUN)

Zsombor Istvan GULYAS (HUN)

Amit Kumar DHANKHAR (IND)

Mohammad Ashghar NOKHODILARIMI (IRI)

Mostafa Mohabbali HOSSEINKHANI (IRI)

Frank CHAMIZO MARQUEZ (ITA)

Mansur SYRGAK UULU (KGZ)

Mohamed SESAY (SLE)

Taimuraz SALKAZANOV (SVK)

Maher GHANMI (TUN)

Haithem DAKHLAOUI (TUN)

Fazli ERYILMAZ (TUR)

Soner DEMIRTAS (TUR)

Yakup GOR (TUR)

Jordan Ernest BURROUGHS (USA)

I will appreciate it even more when the name Sidakov appears on it. He will be the favorite, but he (and the entire field) will have to run quite a gauntlet to get gold. I do appreciate the way he bundled Soner Demirtas up in that cradle for the fall last week at the European Games. Sidakov has yet to peak as a wrestler, and he is still developing. This, and his gas tank, will give him even more of an advantage.  It was also interesting to see how the extended Yazdani family is now making up nearly one-third of the Iranian team. Pretty compelling support for the idea that genetics DO matter.  

4 hours ago, spladle08 said:

You replied in my comment. So it took me a second to see it.

Love.me some Sidakov but the top 4 or 5 at that weight are all right there with each other. Pick any of
Sidakov
Chamizo
Burroughs and I wouldnt be surprised if they won it or took 5th.

Really excited about the weight at worlds.
Wondering how Asgarov looks here.

This Zain/Yianni protest thing at this point is ridiculous. It’s akin to Democrats who still contest the results of the 2016 election. It’s over. It’s not going to change or be changed. Freaking move on.   

If the two somehow ended up meeting hopefully USA wrestling would be able to work it out so that our rep is not hurt in the worlds seeding process. 

10 minutes ago, AIW-HS said:

This Zain/Yianni protest thing at this point is ridiculous. It’s akin to Democrats who still contest the results of the 2016 election. It’s over. It’s not going to change or be changed. Freaking move on.   

If the two somehow ended up meeting hopefully USA wrestling would be able to work it out so that our rep is not hurt in the worlds seeding process. 

Pretty sure it is not the Democrats who obsess with the 2016 election even after all this time.  But I digress.

The only way USAW could "work it out" so neither is hurt if they meet is to have Zain forfeit said match.

Just realized there are ten MFS athletes going (which is also number of weights) but only 8 world team members going. Very well could be case that budget called for ten athletes, two teamers are not going, Yanni and Ringer are the two most likely fill ins. Simple as that.