Ahhhhhh... neither Yianni or Zain have enough international points to play for seed. Zain will be the rep unless injury. Even if Yianni goes out and TF him and wins the whole dam thing. Zain simply won the match that counted. 

4 minutes ago, Sublime607 said:

Thanks on the road working hard to research and drive.

Full schedule:

Thursday, July 11
11 a.m. - Preliminary rounds (57-61-70 kg MFS) (50-55-59-65 kg WFS)
4:30 p.m. - Preliminary rounds through semifinals (57-61-70 kg MFS) (50-55-59-65 kg WFS) 

Friday, July 12
11 a.m. - Preliminary rounds through semifinals (65-79-125 kg MFS) (53-57-62-68 kg WFS) repechage (57-61-70Kg MFS) (50-55-59-65Kg WFS)
5:30 p.m. - Bronze and Gold medal matches (57-61-70 kg MFS) (50-55-59-65 kg WFS) 

Saturday, July 13
11 a.m. – Preliminary rounds through semifinals (74-86-92-97 kg MFS) (72-76 kg WFS)
Repechage (65-79-125 kg MFS) (53-57-62-68 kg WFS)
5 p.m - Bronze and Gold medal matches (65-79-125 kg MFS) (53-57-62-68 kg WFS)

Sunday, July 14
11 a.m. - Repechage (74-86-92-97 kg MFS) (72-76 kg WFS)
12:30 p.m. - Bronze and Gold medal matches (74-86-92-97 kg MFS) (72-76Kg WFS)

I know the loss to Deakin should have been an obvious indicator that Green wasn't better than last year (and probably worse) but I was still holding out hope he might turn the corner.  

I don't see any way he can medal this year, even in a pretty shallow 70kg bracket, which bums me out since this is almost certainly his last chance.  His offense just isn't there.  

Green is out, no repechage. The Turk blew a 2-1 lead with no time left. Went double handed singlet pull, worse than anything Tsargush ever did. The judge and chairman both white paddled, so Georgia challenged. When the Jury awarded Georgia a point, Turkey pleaded with the table and in English the table ran the video again and yelled at him

"Look. You, look. Two hands. Two hands! What you want? Sorry."

12 minutes ago, GranbyTroll said:

Green is out, no repechage. The Turk blew a 2-1 lead with no time left. Went double handed singlet pull, worse than anything Tsargush ever did. The judge and chairman both white paddled, so Georgia challenged. When the Jury awarded Georgia a point, Turkey pleaded with the table and in English the table ran the video again and yelled at him

"Look. You, look. Two hands. Two hands! What you want? Sorry."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZmivKyEY1Dk

Edited by Coach_J

Anyone else feel like green could benefit from moving up? I think the new weigh in rules have made so that 70 kg is no longer his ideal weight. He’s a lanky guy with a filled out frame, and I’ve seen him joke about tough cuts on social media before. We saw him absolutely deplete himself making 65 under the old rules in 2016, any chance we see the opposite and green challenges at 74 for 2020? (For the record I doubt it as JB has been his long time mentor/training partner, but it would make an already interesting WTT bracket even deeper) 

1 hour ago, steamboat_charlie v2 said:

I know the loss to Deakin should have been an obvious indicator that Green wasn't better than last year (and probably worse) but I was still holding out hope he might turn the corner.  

I don't see any way he can medal this year, even in a pretty shallow 70kg bracket, which bums me out since this is almost certainly his last chance.  His offense just isn't there.  

With the right draw he can. The weight might be pretty weak

27 minutes ago, Underhook said:

Anyone else feel like green could benefit from moving up? I think the new weigh in rules have made so that 70 kg is no longer his ideal weight. He’s a lanky guy with a filled out frame, and I’ve seen him joke about tough cuts on social media before. We saw him absolutely deplete himself making 65 under the old rules in 2016, any chance we see the opposite and green challenges at 74 for 2020? (For the record I doubt it as JB has been his long time mentor/training partner, but it would make an already interesting WTT bracket even deeper) 

Hard to see him coming in the top 5 at 74. He'd be behind JB, IMar, Dake (if he goes), Mark Hall, and Valencia (if they go).

2 hours ago, steamboat_charlie v2 said:

He's not on the team, and thus doesn't have a world championship to prepare for.  

Fix's goal is to peak in September.  This very well could be Yianni's last tournament of the season.  

Ah I see, when I saw the team statement I assumed it was referring to the Dogu team stupidly and not the world team