Jump to content
nom

List of "issues" this year in US Freestyle

Recommended Posts

Seems like there is an extra dose of issues people are excited / upset about this year.  

1.  Yianni - Zain:  2nd match in best of three appears to be won by Yianni but a brick and an official review results in points changed and Zain's hand raised based on scramble that happened about 40 sec before the brick was thrown.  Lots of debate occurring about what a rule is and what a guideline is ... what officials can and can't do ... and so forth.

2.  Dake injury notice late in the window:   Gives notice of Final X delay late in permissible window.  Fans upset since it requires Dieringer get out of training schedule and peak again.

3.  Taylor injury notice late for WTT:  Taylor injures leg at Beat the Streets ... chooses not to let the WTT field know about the extent until after WTT.  Some feel he could have alerted field earlier so that wreslters could have gone 86kg (FRL suggested at least one wrestler camp reached out and were not given info).

4.  Dake decides to wrestle Dogu:  Even though he said he couldn't wrestle off Dieringer until mid-August, Dake is apparently wrestling Dogu.  Fans upset he is wrestling before he said he could (FRL says Dake camp has lawyers involved as USAW originally said no to Dake [[note, I didn't wrestle to FRL yet, just going on what TBar posted]])

I feel like there were others but I can't remember.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, nom said:

Seems like there is an extra dose of issues people are excited / upset about this year.  

1.  Yianni - Zain:  2nd match in best of three appears to be won by Yianni but a brick and an official review results in points changed and Zain's hand raised based on scramble that happened about 40 sec before the brick was thrown.  Lots of debate occurring about what a rule is and what a guideline is ... what officials can and can't do ... and so forth.

2.  Dake injury notice late in the window:   Gives notice of Final X delay late in permissible window.  Fans upset since it requires Dieringer get out of training schedule and peak again.

3.  Taylor injury notice late for WTT:  Taylor injures leg at Beat the Streets ... chooses not to let the WTT field know about the extent until after WTT.  Some feel he could have alerted field earlier so that wreslters could have gone 86kg (FRL suggested at least one wrestler camp reached out and were not given info).

4.  Dake decides to wrestle Dogu:  Even though he said he couldn't wrestle off Dieringer until mid-August, Dake is apparently wrestling Dogu.  Fans upset he is wrestling before he said he could (FRL says Dake camp has lawyers involved as USAW originally said no to Dake [[note, I didn't wrestle to FRL yet, just going on what TBar posted]])

I feel like there were others but I can't remember.

Dake is wrestling in Spain, not at Dogu. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would say Gilman/Fix is number one for me - even though I'm actually glad Fix is going. But to have a call decide a World Team member based on an objective call that would not be called anywhere else in the world in freestyle was just confounding/bizarre. Except as Eagle26 said, it was partly related to not wanting to overturn another call changing an outcome at the end. But still that is right up there, for me, with Yianni-Zain.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That sounds like fun!  But wrestling rules would be more fun and easy to get 5 point exposures as they go up for a dunk.  That is a pretty good list of issues.  Regarding PDIII, lets just say that Dake gets hurt, will Ringer need to weigh in at the now August match a la PDIII?

mspart

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, mspart said:

That sounds like fun!  But wrestling rules would be more fun and easy to get 5 point exposures as they go up for a dunk.  That is a pretty good list of issues.  Regarding PDIII, lets just say that Dake gets hurt, will Ringer need to weigh in at the now August match a la PDIII?

mspart

If dake gets hurt, people better start calling for guys at different weights to get a shot a Dieringer... oh wait, they like Dieringer.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Molsen said:

If dake gets hurt, people better start calling for guys at different weights to get a shot a Dieringer... oh wait, they like Dieringer.

Everybody except USAW...Good point, but dinger has beat everyone dake has beat by more points than dake ..except Gahdzi  ( who dominated dake his first try)

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/2/2019 at 9:53 PM, TBar1977 said:

Dake is wrestling in Spain, not at Dogu. 

Doh -- egg on face.  Thanks for the fix.  I do have to say though, as I just pointed out in another thread, me now realizing that this is about Spain and not Dogu, I'm a bit surprised at the uproar.  I won't go into my thinking here ... did so in the other thread.

@RJChicago, good call with Fix / Gilman controversy as well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/3/2019 at 4:52 PM, Molsen said:

If dake gets hurt, people better start calling for guys at different weights to get a shot a Dieringer... oh wait, they like Dieringer.

I agree.  Guys should be able to act however they want AND be universally liked.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, boconnell said:

I agree.  Guys should be able to act however they want AND be universally liked.  

Pretty sure thats not what i was saying. Dont like downey all you want, but if your gonna call for others from different weights to get a shot at him, then you should be consistent and do the same for dieringer 

Edited by Molsen

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Ogalthorpe Haywood said:

Dieringer has a real shot at medaling, PdIII is a long shot imo. 

You are probably right, but that doesnt mean its true, and also doesnt mean we should be inconsistent. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/3/2019 at 5:52 PM, Molsen said:

If dake gets hurt, people better start calling for guys at different weights to get a shot a Dieringer... oh wait, they like Dieringer.

I’ve never been that crazy about Dieringer

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×