Plasmodium

Lets look forward to 17th of next month....

The Dake debacle has run its course for me.  The rules will change out of necessity next year and we'll all be a little weaker because of it.

It is time to pick sides.  I'm going with Ringer.  It is destiny for those of us who speak German via google translate - Die + Ringer == The + Wrestler   Lass uns gehen Cowboy!!!

3 hours ago, Plasmodium said:

The Dake debacle has run its course for me.  The rules will change out of necessity next year and we'll all be a little weaker because of it.

It is time to pick sides.  I'm going with Ringer.  It is destiny for those of us who speak German via google translate - Die + Ringer == The + Wrestler   Lass uns gehen Cowboy!!!

The Bart, The. 

5 minutes ago, scribe said:

I’m picking Dake because the ringer got so bored waiting to wrestle he didn’t lift or train or really even watch his weight. He loses focus. 

True. Indeed it's only 50/50 that Ringer even remembers he has a match.

3 hours ago, Plasmodium said:

Well, not entirely correct to translate "die Ringer" in the wrestler, but tbh, as a foreigner I favor Dieringer over Dake because it's funny his nickname is wrestler in German xD

Going to be great.  I lean Dake but ... would not be surprised if Dieringer wins.  He is on fire.  Either one will be a gold medal threat.  

I favor Ringer in 2 matches, just been awhile since we have seen Dake and Ringer has obviously improved.... 

Obviously Dake could win, but I picked Ringer last year and Zahid happened. 

Nothing has changed to make me think he can't get it done this year.  Lets go!

I'm splitting the difference between spladle and Hokie and say Dake in 3. He's rusty enough to drop one but too good in close matches to lose to Ringer, who is best when he is has a significant strength advantage over the other guy (and he does not vs. Dake).

Of course, I reserve the right to change my opinion based on how Dake looks in Spain.

I'm splitting the difference between spladle and Hokie and say Dake in 3. He's rusty enough to drop one but too good in close matches to lose to Ringer, who is best when he is has a significant strength advantage over the other guy (and he does not vs. Dake).
Of course, I reserve the right to change my opinion based on how Dake looks in Spain.
Yeah how Dake looks in Spain will be interesting, but I mean last year at 100% it was a nailbiter, I just see the layoff + Ringers improvements being too much.

Cant wait for these couple tournaments, will definitely inject some much needed variety into these boards.

9 minutes ago, spladle08 said:

Yeah how Dake looks in Spain will be interesting, but I mean last year at 100% it was a nailbiter, I just see the layoff + Ringers improvements being too much.

Cant wait for these couple tournaments, will definitely inject some much needed variety into these boards.

Dake has had a lot of nailbiters and outside of Burroughs tends to win them. I will say, without the spain tournament, I would pick Dieringer all day. Dake getting an actual chance to knock off the rust, along with how good he looked at worlds, I think I've gotta go with Dake in 3. But I would not be suprised in the slightest if Dieringer or Dake, win in 2. Either way, we are hopefully in for a treat.

Edited by Molsen

Dieringer is so fired up to wrestle, I am concerned that he might come out too aggressive.  Dake's counter attacks are amazing and I fear that Dieringer's overzealousness will bring him down.  I predict Dake in match one driven by counter attacks and great defense.  Then match two, I think the pressure is on Dieringer since he lost the first match and Dake is playing on house money - only needs to win one of the next two.  I see Dake winning again off of counter attacks in a low scoring 4-2 type bout.

Dake had one of the most dominant freestyle world championships of any American ever.  Ringer gets better every year.  This could be a great 3 match series, or it could play out like scorenomore thinks.  Either way, I'll pull for either of them in September.