Looked decent in the final. Passivity point, 1-0. Very slick low shot, immediately stands up and lifts for what looks like a TD but was a step out first. 2-0. Another step out in the second period, 3-0. Short drag countering sloppy shot for a TD, 5-0. 

Just now, spladle08 said:

Luckily overall the weight is "shallow" ish ....
I dont think he beats Ringer in current form, but if he does, I still think he's top 2 come Worlds.

Same with Ringer... if he wins...

So interested in how they (both) look up/down a weight next year

It’s impossible to tell with Dake. Remember the troublesome 1-0 win in the semis before beating DT for his fourth title. Many other examples.

He is not a sharp as he was at Worlds but in my opinion he was taking more risks here early since the whole point of the tournament was to tune up. I don’t think he’ll take those same risks against Ringer or tougher competition and they’ll get something closer to the finals performance which I thought was pretty solid. Shutdown defense mode, only high probability attacks. Whether he’s in good enough shape to withstand Ringer’s onslaught is the question. 

It’s impossible to tell with Dake. Remember the troublesome 1-0 win in the semis before beating DT for his fourth title. Many other examples.

He is not a sharp as he was at Worlds but in my opinion he was taking more risks here early since the whole point of the tournament was to tune up. I don’t think he’ll take those same risks against Ringer or tougher competition and they’ll get something closer to the finals performance which I thought was pretty solid. Shutdown defense mode, only high probability attacks. Whether he’s in good enough shape to withstand Ringer’s onslaught is the question. 

He seemed a lot more aggressive than usual. His defense is always going to be the most elite thing in his arsenal (along with that chest wrap) but he seemed to be pushing the pace a little more than usual, maybe he was just trying to get a burn to push that cardio. I have no idea of where he stands vs ringer, but just been so impressed by Ringer and was less thrilled with Dakes performance today (obviously) hmmmm wish they'd wrestle next week. I'm so impatient

44 minutes ago, treep2000 said:

I wonder what will happen on these forums if Ringer beats Dake.  

Haha...impossible for Ringer to actually beat Dake fairly.  It will be because

1. Kyle was called for too many passivities unfairly

2. Kyle was not given the proper score.

3. Kyle was injured even though they tried keeping the heavyweights away from him.

4. Kyle's doctor screwed up.

5. Kyle was screwed over by USAW.

6. Kyle should of got an attorney and sued

7.Kyle is wrestling weight higher because he keeps out wrestling Burros but refs keep screwing him

8. Kyle was more focused on dropping to 74 kg where he is the best wrestler in US.

9. The refs "misappropriated* the rules

10. The refs were out to late and had to be woke up by Koll

11. The refs were drunk.

12. Kyle was on his monthlys.

Edited by tbert

2 hours ago, treep2000 said:

I wonder what will happen on these forums if Ringer beats Dake.  

I don't know if anything at all would happen, but there will certainly be a total meltdown if Dake wins over Dieringer.

7 minutes ago, red blades said:

I don't know if anything at all would happen, but there will certainly be a total meltdown if Dake wins over Dieringer.

Based on the last 4 times they wrestled?

Dont remember any meltdowns..or any real negativity..maybe a questionable call that Ringer accepted and moved on.

15 hours ago, wrestlingnerd said:

Giovanni, you’re the man. Thank you. 

CoschJ: agreed. Looks like he won’t be in peak form by Worlds. Sloppy by Dake standards. 

Two months is a lifetime when coming back from injury, in terms of whether he will be in peak form.

4 hours ago, Cradle1 said:

Two months is a lifetime when coming back from injury, in terms of whether he will be in peak form.

Agreed it can be.  But we won't know.  If Ringer can't beat this version of Dake, he really doesn't deserve the spot for Worlds.  If this version of Dake goes to Worlds, we're in trouble.  But who knows what version we'll get at the final wrestle-off or, if (and that's a big "if") he wins the wrestle-off, at Worlds.

On 7/8/2019 at 7:58 AM, Coach_J said:

Agreed it can be.  But we won't know.  If Ringer can't beat this version of Dake, he really doesn't deserve the spot for Worlds.  If this version of Dake goes to Worlds, we're in trouble.  But who knows what version we'll get at the final wrestle-off or, if (and that's a big "if") he wins the wrestle-off, at Worlds.

This version of Dake?

You realize hisn Spain finals opponent isn't a can, right?

Also have you seen the Russian results? Their like... top 7 all choked. They may not even medal at 79 this year.

On 7/8/2019 at 7:58 AM, Coach_J said:

If he wins the wrestle off, I think it's reasonable to assume he'll be ready for Worlds.  I don't see him beating the second or third best guy in the world  unless he's at, or very near, 100%.