olddirty

Check out this smoke show

20 hours ago, 1032004 said:

Looking at his former wikipedia profile, as a head coach his only prior college experience was at the club level.  The fact that he was apparently the head coach of both a HS team in California and the ISU club team at the same time should have been at least one red flag.  Even at the high school level, his best achievement as a HC was winning a conference.

He was an assistant coach for the NJCAA Sierra college wrestling team.

He did coach a California HS and the ISU club team in the same calendar year.  He is listed on the Inderkum HS website for the 2017/2018 staff, and other years, as the head coach.  That HS season ran from November to January.  In March of 2018, he did coach the ISU club.  There is evidence for multiple years of this.

56 minutes ago, jross said:

He was an assistant coach for the NJCAA Sierra college wrestling team.

He did coach a California HS and the ISU club team in the same calendar year.  He is listed on the Inderkum HS website for the 2017/2018 staff, and other years, as the head coach.  That HS season ran from November to January.  In March of 2018, he did coach the ISU club.  There is evidence for multiple years of this.

Well I was referring to HC experience, but even still, he was only at Sierra College for 2 years 17 years ago.

I'm not saying it didn't happen that he coached both a HS in CA and the ISU club team....but I think that indicates that college club wrestling isn't very serious.

4 hours ago, PinFallRecruit said:

Fun fact - California doesn’t have any schools in the NJCAA. They all compete in the CCCAA (California Community College Athletic Association)

My source was ncsasports.org, which lists Sierra under its full list of NJCAA schools.  Not sure what that means in relation to CCCAA, if that site is accurate, etc.

40 minutes ago, jross said:

My source was ncsasports.org, which lists Sierra under its full list of NJCAA schools.  Not sure what that means in relation to CCCAA, if that site is accurate, etc.

It is not accurate. Looks like they just took all the 2 year schools that offer wrestling and put them into a list assuming they were all NJCAA as it’s probably the only organization they know. 

CCCAA is separate and made up of only California 2-year schools. They mainly have California kids that enroll due to recruiting rules (they can’t contact a kid outside of California first). 

NCSA isn’t a good place to go for wrestling info. They are built for a more broad audience. 

Some of those teams aren’t even NJCAA either. They are NCWA. 

Edited by PinFallRecruit

What did this guy do to make you mad? There’s a ton of con-artists in wrestling. Guys who preach about hard work and dedication, but run out on their wife and kids. Guys who talk about Jesus and doing the right thing but don’t pay their bills and owe everyone money. Some of the best coaches in the country are dirt bags in “real life.” If we are going to perform character assisinations on here, I’d rather pick on them then some guy who has embellished. This guy doesn’t appear to be hurting anyone. 

Edited by SamStall365247

7 hours ago, SamStall365247 said:

What did this guy do to make you mad? There’s a ton of con-artists in wrestling. Guys who preach about hard work and dedication, but run out on their wife and kids. Guys who talk about Jesus and doing the right thing but don’t pay their bills and owe everyone money. Some of the best coaches in the country are dirt bags in “real life.” If we are going to perform character assisinations on here, I’d rather pick on them then some guy who has embellished. This guy doesn’t appear to be hurting anyone. 

Seems like he may have been a decent HS coach.   Making the leap to the Junior College that started this thread seems reasonable (and I don't think most people early on were questioning him getting the job, just how ridiculous some of his "credentials" sounded).   But coaching a team that was a top D2 team 2 years ago seems like a stretch.   But I guess Wheeling's issues opened the door for him.

8 hours ago, SamStall365247 said:

I know a guy who is thought of as a god among youth coaches, but privately, or maybe not so privately is a complete basket case.  Like full on down the rabbit hole Alex Jones kind of paranoid crazy.  

16 hours ago, TripNSweep said:

I know a guy who is thought of as a god among youth coaches, but privately, or maybe not so privately is a complete basket case.  Like full on down the rabbit hole Alex Jones kind of paranoid crazy.  

Bill Zadick's beard?

On 4/29/2020 at 10:22 PM, TripNSweep said:

That’s my point. A lot of bad dudes get a free pass because they can coach. Makes you appreciate the ones that talk the talk and walk the walk even more. 

10 hours ago, TripNSweep said:

Bill Zadick doesn't have a beard.  Also he's not crazy.  

Ahh you're right I meant Mike. And no, neither of them is crazy they just have the crazy man beards

2 hours ago, SamStall365247 said:

That’s my point. A lot of bad dudes get a free pass because they can coach. Makes you appreciate the ones that talk the talk and walk the walk even more. 

That happened one time also....guy was crazy but had money.

That's an option, but one's personal political position are irrelevant.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

The youth wrestling scene fascinates me. Between the conmen, drama (oh Lordy the drama), “secret code names” for moves.. eyeroll; “cause, that way they won’t know what’s coming”, the glorification of and focus on little kid results, the surprise when kids who weren’t “studs” as 10 year olds or started later got good. Or how they keep getting shocked 98% of the kids who started burn out “he was so good in 5th grade”.

You kinda get used to seeing conmen like this come and go. 

10 hours ago, BobDole said:

Great interview telling of his success

https://twitter.com/WUWrestle/status/1294286034369425408?s=19

LOL I think in the 2 minutes he said he "coached at Iowa State University" in 3 different parts.   Never mentioned that it was a club team...unless you count the photo of the team winning the "conference championship" in what looks like a middle school gym.