Jump to content

Recommended Posts

He’s still uncommitted and obviously one of the highest ranked guys yet to sign. 

Anybody got a clue of where he’ll end or make a decision?

i think Ohio State, ok state, PSU, VT and maybe other schools made his final list. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No inside info.  You listed 4 of his top 5, the other being Wisconsin.  Considering Penn State, Oklahoma State, and Ohio State are also on Ferrari's top 5 list, he's probably just waiting for AJ to make his decision.  

Oklahoma State looks to be in good position to get 1 of the 2 to add to their monster class of 2020.  Penn State and Ohio State will both have strong pitches though.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, steamboat_charlie v2 said:

No inside info.  You listed 4 of his top 5, the other being Wisconsin.  Considering Penn State, Oklahoma State, and Ohio State are also on Ferrari's top 5 list, he's probably just waiting for AJ to make his decision.  

Oklahoma State looks to be in good position to get 1 of the 2 to add to their monster class of 2020.  Penn State and Ohio State will both have strong pitches though.  

I didn’t realize Wisconsin was in the mix. My prediction is Ohio State due to Snyder’s availability as a training partner. However he was seen training at SERTC last week so VT may still have a shot too

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Creek chub said:

I didn’t realize Wisconsin was in the mix. My prediction is Ohio State due to Snyder’s availability as a training partner. However he was seen training at SERTC last week so VT may still have a shot too

Just guessing here, but my prediction is that if Ferrari goes somewhere other than Oklahoma State, Amos goes there.  You could convince me of any of the above being the frontrunner, though.  

1) Oklahoma State he's been linked to for a while.  John Smith.  Dieringer is there and moving into a closer weight class. He fits the lineup, and he'd be joining the by far #1 recruiting class with a chance to be on a perennial title challenger. 

2) Ohio State has the best upperweight training situation in the country, is close to home, just opened their new world-class facility, and he fits the lineup slotting in with a redshirt year before taking over for Moore.  

3) Penn State is Penn State.  They have Cael, Varner, Taylor, Nickal.  The problem is they also have Beard.  Maybe they sell him on some sort of cockamamie 8-year double redshirt plan, but it seems like he'd just be surplus to requirements.  

4) Virginia Tech is also relatively close to home, is on the rise, just proved that they can turn a young recruit into a champion, and he has Ty Walz and Hunter Bolen to work with.

5) Wisconsin seems unlikely, but then so does their inclusion on the list in the first place.  Madison is awesome. Reader is a great young coach to work with, and he gets to be the face of a revitalized program.  

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, steamboat_charlie v2 said:

Just guessing here, but my prediction is that if Ferrari goes somewhere other than Oklahoma State, Amos goes there.  You could convince me of any of the above being the frontrunner, though.  

1) Oklahoma State he's been linked to for a while.  John Smith.  Dieringer is there and moving into a closer weight class. He fits the lineup, and he'd be joining the by far #1 recruiting class with a chance to be on a perennial title challenger. 

2) Ohio State has the best upperweight training situation in the country, is close to home, just opened their new world-class facility, and he fits the lineup slotting in with a redshirt year before taking over for Moore.  

3) Penn State is Penn State.  They have Cael, Varner, Taylor, Nickal.  The problem is they also have Beard.  Maybe they sell him on some sort of cockamamie 8-year double redshirt plan, but it seems like he'd just be surplus to requirements.  

4) Virginia Tech is also relatively close to home, is on the rise, just proved that they can turn a young recruit into a champion, and he has Ty Walz and Hunter Bolen to work with.

5) Wisconsin seems unlikely, but then so does their inclusion on the list in the first place.  Madison is awesome. Reader is a great young coach to work with, and he gets to be the face of a revitalized program.  

 

Great analysis!! I’ll add more nugget of information too. Jared Haught is now on VT staff too. Besides being a native WV too, he’s a proven 3 time AA training partner. It’ll be interesting to see where he lands. He’s a special young man with loads of talent

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Scorenomore said:

No inside info, but he seems to be very loyal and has a lot of pride in WV.  He is also close to Carson Kharchla who committed to tOSU.  I would narrow it down to tOSU and OSU with an edge to tOSU. 

Amos has trained with Kharchla's father for a long time. However, Nick and Joe Lee also have trained at Miron's and thus have a strong connection to Amos.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, steamboat_charlie v2 said:

Just guessing here, but my prediction is that if Ferrari goes somewhere other than Oklahoma State, Amos goes there.  You could convince me of any of the above being the frontrunner, though.  

1) Oklahoma State he's been linked to for a while.  John Smith.  Dieringer is there and moving into a closer weight class. He fits the lineup, and he'd be joining the by far #1 recruiting class with a chance to be on a perennial title challenger. 

2) Ohio State has the best upperweight training situation in the country, is close to home, just opened their new world-class facility, and he fits the lineup slotting in with a redshirt year before taking over for Moore.  

3) Penn State is Penn State.  They have Cael, Varner, Taylor, Nickal.  The problem is they also have Beard.  Maybe they sell him on some sort of cockamamie 8-year double redshirt plan, but it seems like he'd just be surplus to requirements.  

4) Virginia Tech is also relatively close to home, is on the rise, just proved that they can turn a young recruit into a champion, and he has Ty Walz and Hunter Bolen to work with.

5) Wisconsin seems unlikely, but then so does their inclusion on the list in the first place.  Madison is awesome. Reader is a great young coach to work with, and he gets to be the face of a revitalized program.  

 

 Bono and Reader are going to start getting recruits like Amos. Maybe they won’t get him this year, but I bet they get a top 10 guy in the next two recruiting classes. 

I think Ferrari may end up at Rutgers. If so, Amos goes to OSU I think. 

If Ferrari goes to ASU, I wouldn’t be surprised by Amos to Wisconsin 

great writeup 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He has been seen hanging around a lot with Ohio State wrestlers and recruits. He also wrestles for team Miron who is Kharchla's father.

 

9150346.png

Edited by DocBZ

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, fiveontwo said:

kollin moore isnt sharpening any steel. 

A soon to be 4x AA that went 3, 4, 2, TBD isn't someone that a top High School recruit would want to roll with?  

Anthony Ashnault went 8, 4, 6, 1.  Does he sharpen steel?  Would a top High School recruit at the 141-165 range want to roll with him and make him better? 

I'm not getting your comment.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, treep2000 said:

A soon to be 4x AA that went 3, 4, 2, TBD isn't someone that a top High School recruit would want to roll with?  

Anthony Ashnault went 8, 4, 6, 1.  Does he sharpen steel?  Would a top High School recruit at the 141-165 range want to roll with him and make him better? 

I'm not getting your comment.

2 on 5 is just being a ponce.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, fiveontwo said:

kollin moore isnt sharpening any steel. 

He’s kind of right, Nothing against Moore he’s great but No recruit is choosing a school based on having Moore as a training partner or not..Probably 5 6 better wrestlers around his size on his own team 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, alliseeisgold said:

reading this makes me think he will pick virginia tech from the tea leaves. He seems like a kid who would stay home too. 

 

If he stayed home and went to WVU, that would be quite the coup.

Really hope WVU can at least pull of John Martin Best, but Braxton Amos would be huge.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, treep2000 said:

A soon to be 4x AA that went 3, 4, 2, TBD isn't someone that a top High School recruit would want to roll with?  

Anthony Ashnault went 8, 4, 6, 1.  Does he sharpen steel?  Would a top High School recruit at the 141-165 range want to roll with him and make him better? 

I'm not getting your comment.

Yeah, let's not forget 2 Junior World teams winning a bronze in 1 and then a U23 World Silver.  But, yeah.........

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Antitroll2828 said:

He’s kind of right, Nothing against Moore he’s great but No recruit is choosing a school based on having Moore as a training partner or not..Probably 5 6 better wrestlers around his size on his own team 

Thank you for proving my point as to why Amos needs to choose tOSU.  If you also believe that there are 5-6 better wrestlers around his size on his own team, and he's a 3x AA, NCAA Runner-up, Jr World Bronze and U23 Silver, then yeah... Amos ABSOLUTELY needs to choose tOSU.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, treep2000 said:

Thank you for proving my point as to why Amos needs to choose tOSU.  If you also believe that there are 5-6 better wrestlers around his size on his own team, and he's a 3x AA, NCAA Runner-up, Jr World Bronze and U23 Silver, then yeah... Amos ABSOLUTELY needs to choose tOSU.

Don't bother responding--it's not even a creative troll.  

Re: Amos & tOSU, I agree it's a great fit, but I also think Oklahoma State and Virginia Tech are great landing spots for him.  He's going to succeed wherever he goes... kid is an exceptional talent.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...