Sign in to follow this  
Scorenomore

Amos or Ferrari - who’s your pick?

Both have great credentials and are pretty durable.  Who has more upside and is a better fit?   I’d go with Amos because I think his development has more upside potential.  I think Ferrari is great but I think he is closer to his peak than Amos.  That being said, I’d be excited if my team got either one!

1 hour ago, Scorenomore said:

Both have great credentials and are pretty durable.  Who has more upside and is a better fit?   I’d go with Amos because I think his development has more upside potential.  I think Ferrari is great but I think he is closer to his peak than Amos.  That being said, I’d be excited if my team got either one!

I see it the opposite. I think Amos peaked as a freshman/sophomore. I also think he's a tweener. His results down at 195 since his cut haven't been at the level many expected. He also is a power wrestler that relies on a lot of upper body stuff that doesn't always translate when you start wrestling guys that are as strong and as athletic as you are. I think Ferrari is a freak athlete with impressive technical skills for his size. Good leg attacks. The one hang up with Ferrari is the attitude which might not be a fit at every program. Reminds me a little of Suriano mindset-wise. Getting kicked out of Blair, as well as the other transfers, give me some pause. As you said, both are pretty solid recruits. I see Amos as a guy that probably AA's a couple times assuming he finds the right weight, but I think Ferrari is a guy that can step in and be a title contender early in his career.