TBar1977

Yasar Dogu 4am Friday (results will be in this thread)

In the US, they would have scored that move 4 for Zain with the takedown... and waited until after the match to do it.

It was nice how Yianni brought that sequence from the mat up to a rear-standing position to set up the 4-pointer.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

33 minutes ago, DoubleHalf said:

The timing on Yianni’s shots were really on point and he made it look effortless getting in on Zains legs. That 4 pointer was also some smoothr sh*t...

That was pretty decisive, and the 4 pointer showed some incredible match IQ.  Same with the finishes right to laces (the first of which he appeared to expose).

That was a great match.  Zain has a great first TD.  Pretty effective conversion off a Yianni whizzer.

Zain had hard snaps ... seemed like Yianni used them to get to ankles though. Yianni being able to convert was the difference.  Lots of shots — Zain, not so much. 

I do give credit to Zain in him being very careful on a shot where Yianni was trying to do his magic.  Kept his leg back and just stalemated.  Also, either Yianni doesn’t know how to execute a leg lace or Zain is ridiculous in his core strength and defense. Which is it?  Yianni had laces looked up two times, no points on either.

Big credit to Yianni on the four, seemed like he knew exactly what to do in that situation.  Held on to Zain’s leg, stood, and flipped.  Zain didn’t really have anywhere to go.

What is Flo going to be streaming at 8:30 ET? cd911a72666f63ae9cee84388404d058.jpg

Whenever they do resume, John, Alexander, and Nicholas will be the 5th, 6th, ad 7th bouts on mat C.

2 minutes ago, lu_alum said:

What is Flo going to be streaming at 8:30 ET?

Mat C

Upcoming Matches

WW - 53 kg 1/2 Final 160 (UKR) Liliya HORISHNA (12) (RUS) Ekaterina POLESHCHUK (15)
WW - 57 kg 1/2 Final 161 (NGR) Odunayo Folasade ADEKUOROYE (11) (RUS) Olga KHOROSHAVTSEVA (14)
WW - 62 kg 1/2 Final 162   (SWE) Henna Katarina JOHANSSON (15)
WW - 68 kg 1/2 Final 163 (CAN) Danielle Suzanne LAPPAGE (9) (NGR) Blessing OBORUDUDU (14)
FS - 65 kg 1/2 Final 164 (HUN) Ismail MUSUKAEV (6) (USA) John Michael DIAKOMIHALIS (7)
FS - 79 kg 1/2 Final 165 (IRI) Bahman Mohammad TEYMOURI (1) (USA) Alexander David DIERINGER (4)
FS - 125 kg 1/2 Final 166 (IND) Sumit SUMIT (5) (USA) Nicholas Edward GWIAZDOWSKI (8)

Unfortunately I'm still under the opinion that the powers that be will turn down the appeal. it will question the entire qualifying system and set a presdent. Yianni came to win Gold not just for Zain

Mat C

Upcoming Matches

WW - 53 kg 1/2 Final 160 (UKR) Liliya HORISHNA (12) (RUS) Ekaterina POLESHCHUK (15)
WW - 57 kg 1/2 Final 161 (NGR) Odunayo Folasade ADEKUOROYE (11) (RUS) Olga KHOROSHAVTSEVA (14)
WW - 62 kg 1/2 Final 162   (SWE) Henna Katarina JOHANSSON (15)
WW - 68 kg 1/2 Final 163 (CAN) Danielle Suzanne LAPPAGE (9) (NGR) Blessing OBORUDUDU (14)
FS - 65 kg 1/2 Final 164 (HUN) Ismail MUSUKAEV (6) (USA) John Michael DIAKOMIHALIS (7)
FS - 79 kg 1/2 Final 165 (IRI) Bahman Mohammad TEYMOURI (1) (USA) Alexander David DIERINGER (4)
FS - 125 kg 1/2 Final 166 (IND) Sumit SUMIT (5) (USA) Nicholas Edward GWIAZDOWSKI (8)

Yes, I know who will be wrestling. My post had to do with the two hour discrepancy between the USA Wrestling start time and the resumption time shown on Flo’s stream site.