TBar1977

Yasar Dogu 4am Friday (results will be in this thread)

4 minutes ago, Sublime607 said:

Unfortunately I'm still under the opinion that the powers that be will turn down the appeal. it will question the entire qualifying system and set a presdent. Yianni came to win Gold not just for Zain

Today's match will not have any direct bearing on the decision, however I wonder if it has an indirect, subconscious effect on the decision makers.  Keeping in mind that a decision in favor of Yianni does not mean he is on the team and they effectively kick Zain off.  Currently they are 2-2.  I could see letting them wrestle one more match to decide it once and for all type of mindset slipping in.

Having said that, I really don't think it will happen.  I don't think anything changes and Zain goes to KAZ. 

14 minutes ago, lu_alum said:

Correct. USAW got it wrong.
SF at 8:30 ET, Medal round from yesterday’s action is at 10:30.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yiani, Ringer, Gwiz on Mat C, All 3 back to back. Should be wrestling in a few 

what happened? did the hungarian forfeit?  

Cautioned out. Dude was gassed 1 minute into the 2nd period. Essentially, the same as DQ by stalling in NCAA wrestling.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Wow.  Yianni got his ass kicked first period.  Down 0-9.

comes back to tie 9-9 and stalls the guy out.  Multiple caution points and then done.  50 sec left to go as well.  His opponent was exhausted.

weird match.  It should light a bit of a fire under Yianni though.  First period was bad.

He came really close to getting tech'd on the no call push out. I guess you can't deliberately "push"? I'm still not there on freestyle rules. I don't have the sound on so maybe they explained during the stream

Edited by ToneLoc

1 minute ago, nom said:

comes back to tie 9-9 and stalls the guy out.  Multiple caution points and then done.  50 sec left to go as well.  His opponent was exhausted.

weird match.  It should light a bit of a fire under Yianni though.  First period was bad.

Epic match. Really an epic day for Yianni. There was a moment in his match with HUN where he was down 0-9 and the guy was arguing he got a push out or something when it was clear he hadn’t. I thought to myself “boy that guy wants the tech here and now”. And then he gassed. 

2 minutes ago, nom said:

First time I've ever seen Yianni's takedown defense fail so badly.

Poor opponent just couldn't get off the mat three times.  Funny to watch him (while flat on his back) try to tell the official "just a sec...". 

Just watched the opening match.  Yianni looked good.

Nice contrast of rules - 4-1 score in FS, probably illegal in folk but could wind up up 2-0 the  other way.  More likely -you guessed it - Stalling!.  LOL See Collica/Zain Train match in the dual unbroadcast by Flo.