TBar1977

Yasar Dogu 4am Friday (results will be in this thread)

Just now, whaletail said:

I may be wrong, but I thought that 6 point sequence made it 9-0, thus Yianni couldn't risk a challenge.  He then almost gave up a step out, but it was ruled a straight arm push.

i don't remember the score at the time of the 4+2 but i didn't think it made it 9-0  but I'd have to rewatch. I do know that yianni got his own push out (that his eyes said he was hoping would be 2 but 1 was the right call) to make it 9-1 before the "no step out" call.

1 hour ago, Jon_Kozak said:

Understand what you mean but Yianni and Logan are very different wrestlers. Yianni is still developing his offense and is more dynamic defensively so I don’t see it being a trend for him.

Agree with all of that.  It just reminded me of many Stieber matches over the years. 

Still... Yianni's attack rate since the beginning of this freestyle season has been pretty insane, and that is definitely reminiscent of Stieber.  

1 hour ago, DuckFor2 said:

Yianni does need to improve overall shot Defense as guys do get in deep.....however, he is very dangerous from that position and is extremely comfortable from there.

How many times did Zain get deep on Yianni today?

1 hour ago, GockeS said:

it was 3-0, just after the hun challenged a 1 and got the two... then the 4 pointer and then the 2 pointer 

yeah i replayed it in my head after my post and realized whaletail was definitely right.

On rewatch I also now see what whaletail meant about the pushout - at the end of the sequence after the 4+2 Yianni went out of bounds and I think Musukaev wanted 1 more there for a stepout. That would have ended it. There was a second pushout that Musukaev wanted later, when the score was 9-1.

I'm surprised Musukaev's corner didn't challenge the pushout at 9-0. IMO the challenge to get to 3-0 was a really dangerous one. The corner and the judges got the call right but I'm shocked Hungary risked giving Yianni the point when it was close but not when they were already winning 9-0 and could have ended the match.

Edited by ugarte

3 hours ago, steamboat_charlie v2 said:

Agree with all of that.  It just reminded me of many Stieber matches over the years. 

Still... Yianni's attack rate since the beginning of this freestyle season has been pretty insane, and that is definitely reminiscent of Stieber.  

Good point... I think that 9-0 deficit may be the best thing for Yianni. He seems to have a great mentality when approaching his “weaknesses”. I’ve heard him speak numerous times these past few months about increasing his ability to get to legs. Hopefully that match against Musukaev will bring the balance he needs so he doesn’t put himself in those holes.

1 hour ago, Jon_Kozak said:

Good point... I think that 9-0 deficit may be the best thing for Yianni. He seems to have a great mentality when approaching his “weaknesses”. I’ve heard him speak numerous times these past few months about increasing his ability to get to legs. Hopefully that match against Musukaev will bring the balance he needs so he doesn’t put himself in those holes.

The best thing for Yanni was Jeff Buxton.  Grey looked at him for advise as Yanni wanted to throw brick.  If Koll is there, brick is thrown an Yanni is teched.

16 minutes ago, scribe said:

Yianni isn’t peaking either because he doesn’t know when he gets to wrestle zain again for the spot. 

A. He’s not

B. He might not be fully peaked, but our guys are more close to competition ready than any other nation. I think this is a bad thing. 

11 minutes ago, CoachWrestling said:

A. He’s not

B. He might not be fully peaked, but our guys are more close to competition ready than any other nation. I think this is a bad thing. 

A. See Matt Linland

34 minutes ago, tbert said:

The best thing for Yanni was Jeff Buxton.  Grey looked at him for advise as Yanni wanted to throw brick.  If Koll is there, brick is thrown an Yanni is teched.

Someone’s not a fan of Rob Koll...