Sign in to follow this  
Keisha_Phillips

Zain will win arbitration

1 hour ago, Keisha_Phillips said:

Zain will win the arbitration hearing.  Many people will be upset.  He is not going to qualify the weight for the Olympics at worlds, many more people  will become upset in September.  

But will Pablo and Pete Wheeler get upset when you upstage them on the field?

5 minutes ago, BigTimeFan said:

What happens if Yianni wins the arbitration. I don’t even remember. Didn’t Yianni lose two matches straight ? Wouldn’t the best thing to be to redo the entire best out of three ?

What do you mean by Yianni winning two matches straight?  

Zain won the first match of Final X. If Yianni wins arbitration-it doesn’t mean he won match 2, just that correct process wasn’t followed by the officials. So, as I understand it, the match would be considered something similar to a “no-contest”, rather than a win for Yianni.

And Yianni’s win at the Dogu has zero implications for the selection of the world team. 

Therefore, if Yianni wins the legal battle (which I don’t think will happen), it’s most likely he’ll start in an 0-1 hole. Zain will have to win 1 match to re-secure his spot, while Yianni will have to win 2 in a row.

Yianni can win in one of two ways: Match 2 is nullified and they wrestle again with Zain up 1 match to zero. Or they grant Yianni the win in match 2 (because the challenge was incorrectly granted) and they wrestle a rubber match. Either way is fine with me.

13 minutes ago, scribe said:

Zain could pull a world class anti hero move if he defaults tomorrow match. Think about it. He can claim he was injured by an American world team back up. This would effectively give him the Yasar gold medal, secure his spot on the team, and give tbar lots of cover. 

Or it could mean he cannot wrestle the third Final X match after one is ordered.

3 hours ago, NJDan said:

Yianni can win in one of two ways: Match 2 is nullified and they wrestle again with Zain up 1 match to zero. Or they grant Yianni the win in match 2 (because the challenge was incorrectly granted) and they wrestle a rubber match. Either way is fine with me.

There is no way they give Yianni the W in the 2nd match, they can’t change the outcome no matter what. They can rewrestle match 2 if that’s what they decide. So if Yianni wins he’ll have to win 2 to Zains 1. 

5 minutes ago, Ogalthorpe Haywood said:

There is no way they give Yianni the W in the 2nd match, they can’t change the outcome no matter what. They can rewrestle match 2 if that’s what they decide. So if Yianni wins he’ll have to win 2 to Zains 1. 

Actually I think if the arbitration goes in Yianni’s favor, it will be to the tune that Yianni was the winner at the end of the second bout, and what went down was against procedural rules. It’s all about the brick throw. IF, if they go through it and decide in Yianni’s favor, it will be because either A) the brick throw was too late to review the sequence in high debate (and actually wasn’t thrown for that sequence, will get to that later) and therefore review null and void, 8-6 Yianni. Or 2)  brick was thrown in time for what it was intended for...the sequence at the very end. We know this is what they threw the brick for because when they first went to review, they went to THAT sequence. They decided call on the mat was correct, AND THEN went to the 2R/2B/2-2?? sequence. So even if they did everything right and reviewed that sequence because the three officials didn’t come to an agreement (which is a chair consult to call, not a coaches challenge), and came out of it 2 Zain...that’s 6-6, BUT there’s the failed challenge of the sequence at the end of the bout, which gives Yianni a point and makes it 7-6.

Having said that I’m not saying I think that is the way it’s going to go, or how it should go. Just saying if it does go Yianni’s way it has to be for one of those two reasons, and therefore could see the ruling being Yianni wins match two and we’re wrestling a third.  

4 hours ago, Jon_Kozak said:

What do you mean by Yianni winning two matches straight?  

Zain won the first match of Final X. If Yianni wins arbitration-it doesn’t mean he won match 2, just that correct process wasn’t followed by the officials. So, as I understand it, the match would be considered something similar to a “no-contest”, rather than a win for Yianni.

And Yianni’s win at the Dogu has zero implications for the selection of the world team. 

Therefore, if Yianni wins the legal battle (which I don’t think will happen), it’s most likely he’ll start in an 0-1 hole. Zain will have to win 1 match to re-secure his spot, while Yianni will have to win 2 in a row.

Sorry I asked. 

10 hours ago, Lurker said:

Actually I think if the arbitration goes in Yianni’s favor, it will be to the tune that Yianni was the winner at the end of the second bout, and what went down was against procedural rules. It’s all about the brick throw. IF, if they go through it and decide in Yianni’s favor, it will be because either A) the brick throw was too late to review the sequence in high debate (and actually wasn’t thrown for that sequence, will get to that later) and therefore review null and void, 8-6 Yianni. Or 2)  brick was thrown in time for what it was intended for...the sequence at the very end. We know this is what they threw the brick for because when they first went to review, they went to THAT sequence. They decided call on the mat was correct, AND THEN went to the 2R/2B/2-2?? sequence. So even if they did everything right and reviewed that sequence because the three officials didn’t come to an agreement (which is a chair consult to call, not a coaches challenge), and came out of it 2 Zain...that’s 6-6, BUT there’s the failed challenge of the sequence at the end of the bout, which gives Yianni a point and makes it 7-6.

Having said that I’m not saying I think that is the way it’s going to go, or how it should go. Just saying if it does go Yianni’s way it has to be for one of those two reasons, and therefore could see the ruling being Yianni wins match two and we’re wrestling a third.  

I believe OH is correct that results cannot be overturned.  I'm almost certain they would have to re-wrestle match 2.

Of course, if Zain's seriously injured, the subsequent chaos will make things much more interesting than an appeal that was likely going nowhere (and I say that as a Yianni fan).

Can you imagine the controversy if Zain had actually won the match (while still suffering the injury)?

40 minutes ago, whaletail said:

I believe OH is correct that results cannot be overturned.  I'm almost certain they would have to re-wrestle match 2.

Of course, if Zain's seriously injured, the subsequent chaos will make things much more interesting than an appeal that was likely going nowhere (and I say that as a Yianni fan).

Can you imagine the controversy if Zain had actually won the match (while still suffering the injury)?

It’s happened before. I don’t know if rules have since been put in place so that it can’t happen again so maybe...

But again I don’t think that’s going to happen, just seems like that’s the only basis it could be on if it did go Y’s way. 

Edited by Lurker

10 hours ago, Lurker said:

They cannot change the outcome of a match after it’s over. If they decide Yianni wins the arbitration the most they can do is rewrestle that 2nd match. They changed the rules after Kolat got screwed a few times. 

2 minutes ago, Ogalthorpe Haywood said:

They cannot change the outcome of a match after it’s over. If they decide Yianni wins the arbitration the most they can do is rewrestle that 2nd match. They changed the rules after Kolat got screwed a few times. 

Got it. As it should. Thanks.