2019yianniyasardogu740.jpg

Two things about this photo.

1. The stands are empty. Why does Turkey stage an international tournament if no one is going to attend?

2. Even after two years of NCAA wrestling Yianni looks like he never lifts a weight. He is the "before" picture in one of those old Charles Atlas ads...

OutOfTheNightNo11pp34A.png

Is Yianni deceptively strong (like Askren) or will he just become an unbeatable monster if he ever gets some upper body strength?

i must say, i thought about watching how he wrestles more during the NCAA season.. but i never really got a chance

does yanni push? he has no triceps.

he must pull alot... that sounds bad... his biceps look ok

no shoulders, but you can see his traps...

just different training it looks like

1 minute ago, GockeS said:

i must say, i thought about watching how he wrestles more during the NCAA season.. but i never really got a chance

His lower body is put together well, and yes, his ability to pull opponents in when underneath on a shot is incredible.

1 minute ago, Coach_J said:

Dude has some big legs and a very strong back.  Deceptively strong.

True. He has bigger legs than the Indian fellow at BTS, who was otherwise jacked. Still some shoulder muscles couldn't hurt.

54 minutes ago, scribe said:

Dan: you know you’re violating the terms of your restraining order with this thread. 

Scribe, what are you doing? didn't the judge ban you from the Internet?

I’ve seen YD wrestle live vs VT. Obviously he’s not a muscle bound lad. He was wrestling Mitch moore of VT who is pretty strong. YD’s technique and flexibility are off the charts. Not saying he couldn’t benefit from some strength training but he maximizes what God blesses him with and doesn’t seem to get bullied on the mat 

What does it matter what he looks like?  If you watch Yianni you’ll notice that he very rarely gives ground even vs really strong forward pressure wrestlers like Bajrang and Zain. He never loses because he gets overpowered.

5 hours ago, AnklePicker said:

What does it matter what he looks like?  If you watch Yianni you’ll notice that he very rarely gives ground even vs really strong forward pressure wrestlers like Bajrang and Zain. He never loses because he gets overpowered.

I guess it does not matter. But it's still remarkable. Kind of like Nolf or Cam Simaz.

I've been told that John Smith is extremely strong.  I just watched Yianni's youtube interview after he had won his 2nd cadet world title in 2016.

Hard to believe he was a cadet in September of 2016.  What a freakin stud.  Zain Retherford is one of the most dominant college wrestlers of the last 80 years.  Yet after he's out of college and a full time freestyler this sophomore in college is at least his equal. 

I hope everyone appreciates what we are seeing with our USA program at this time.  JB-5X World Champ, Kyle Snider, 3X World Champ, J'Den Cox, Kyle Dake, David Taylor, Yiannni D, Daton Fix, Spencer Lee and maybe Steveson...Gwiz may not have the titles, but one more top 3 and he joins pretty rare air at heavyweight for USA.  

On 7/12/2019 at 3:31 PM, GockeS said:

Crossfitters look strong how bout we throw the Open winners in that tournament and see how they do?