10 minutes ago, red blades said:

On the contrary, I think Zain should be allowed as much time as needed to recover/ make a determination whether to compete and/or complete FinalX (if the ruling comes to that), assuming there is some drop dead date for a decision.

I agree, and think that’s exactly what will happen. It’s just a little unfair to Yianni D and all the Koll stuff will make it seem like a petty move.

On another note, I don’t think I’ve ever seen Zain injured to this extent before (even if defaulting out was a precautionary measure).

5 minutes ago, pamela said:

I agree, and think that’s exactly what will happen. It’s just a little unfair to Yianni D and all the Koll stuff will make it seem like a petty move.

On another note, I don’t think I’ve ever seen Zain injured to this extent before (even if defaulting out was a precautionary measure).

All of the pettiness comes entirely from internet posters.

40 minutes ago, TBar1977 said:

Is "Daking" becoming a new wrestling term? 

When your wife/gf changes her excuse from “I have a headache tonight” to “I’m taking a Dake tonight” then you’ll know it’s truely hit the mainstream.  

Edited by MadMardigain

2 minutes ago, MadMardigain said:

When your wife/gf changes her excuse from “I have a headache tonight” to “I’m taking a Dake tonight” then you’ll know it’s truely hit the mainstream.  

An intentional calendar delay on her part? 

3 minutes ago, MadMardigain said:

But what would that mean-- that she is doing Dake instead of you?

13 minutes ago, TBar1977 said:

None of whom are fans of any school other than Penn State, right? 

You know, I occasionally go and peruse the BWI forum, just to see how things are playing in State College - and it does reaffirm my belief that there are a good many decent and knowledgeable wrestling fans who follow Penn State.  Just as any other fan base.

But it's harder to tell on this forum! ;-P

Edited by red blades

6 minutes ago, MadMardigain said:

When she schedules a trip to Spain that doesn't include you.

4 hours ago, gowrestle said:

Did the injury impact his performance against Yanni?

I thought (including at the time it was happening) that his knee was in an awkward torqued position from early on in the sequence from when Yianni began to pick the single leg off the mat, all the way through the four point move. (With respect to some of the other posts I agree that there is no way this was intentional by Y.)

I'm hopeful but a little skeptical about the timeline of less than two weeks that they gave Bader for his tweet.

3 hours ago, pamela said:

If Koll does that he will be the ultimate hypocrite due to the Dake situation.

6 minutes ago, 1032004 said:

If Koll does that he will be the ultimate hypocrite due to the Dake situation.

if zain drops out after it's too late for the US to enter a substitute i'm not sure how that's the same. i also doubt that nlwc would actually do that or that usaw would let them. 

i don't know what the deadline is for the us to name their official entrant, but i suspect in light of zain's injury that yianni will train to be available to sub in regardless of what happens in the arbitration.