So now we get to deal with the typical injury updates out of the PSU camp.  

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

It's in God's hands now.  Or was it just fate?

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

Who decides whether he is healthy enough to compete at worlds or if the alternate goes-Is it just a decision made by him and the PSU medical staff?  Do they have the option to do a Nick Suriano type situation of getting him ready to compete and then pulling him out at the last second, thereby preventing the alternate from getting into the bracket?   Do doctors at USAW make their own assessment?

2 hours ago, scribe said:

I’m a little worried if zain can even finish his final x series with Yianni. Seems like zain could ‘Dake’ this one. 

If the arbitration ruling goes Yianni's way - is there a drop-dead date to complete Final X?

1 minute ago, tbert said:

Cant give rob koll enough credit on this strategy.  Good job. Cant win the spot fairly then injure him.

Tbert, you really think there was intent to injure on that sequence?  Seriously, you would say that!? 

2 minutes ago, red blades said:

Tbert, you really think there was intent to injure on that sequence?  Seriously, you would say that!? 

No, just trying to match some of the stupidity spewed from Yanni fans.  I do not think yanni would do it even if Koll did tell him to.

Edited by tbert

8 minutes ago, tbert said:

Cant give rob koll enough credit on this strategy.  Good job. Cant win the spot fairly then injure him.

You don't disappoint, but I'm not even convinced you believe this nonsense.

I suppose Zain wasn't taking it seriously, maybe just using it as a practice, and Yianni decided to take advantage (obviously at Koll's behest)?

Good luck with anything close to that narrative.

Edit: Good to read that you don't really believe that, but given your posting history, you might want make that clearer.

Edited by whaletail
new info

No matter the severity of the injury, not worth risking anything by doing the repechage.  And this has nothing to do with Yianni, Koll, the Boogie-Man, etc., just the risks of competing, which could happen against any opponent or in practice.  Seriously wishing him good health and recovery.

It could make the situation even messier if we don’t hear anything about Zain’s status, as can be expected from the NLWC, and there isn’t a go/no-go decision until the very last moment. I mean, the rules are the rules and the process is the process, and it’s Zain’s right to follow them as they are written but it’s also kind of unfair to Yianni. How is he supposed to train and prepare, esp since Worlds overlaps with school and preseason training? He needs to know if he’s going or not. Worst part is that Koll’s lawsuit and the whole “Daking the rules” thing could antagonize a non-response/last second response from Zain. Things could get messy.

Edited by pamela

25 minutes ago, tbert said:

am i missing the sarc?

otherwise get over yourself.

41 minutes ago, tbert said:

Come on ......you want us to believe that Koll holds a certificate of honors from the prestigious Sinai Kreese dojo of coaching tactics.   Those things aren’t handed out like candy.  

giphy.gif?cid=19f5b51a5d29e72d3975556d55

Edited by MadMardigain

45 minutes ago, gowrestle said:

Did the injury impact his performance against Yanni?

not at all. happened in the last 30 seconds when he got launched for 4 while already losing. had no impact on the match. 

4 minutes ago, pamela said:

The whole “Daking the rules” thing could antagonize a non-response/last second response from Zain. Things could get messy.

On the contrary, I think Zain should be allowed as much time as needed to recover/ make a determination whether to compete and/or complete FinalX (if the ruling comes to that), assuming there is some drop dead date for a decision.