I just dont see the problem with Yianni entering international tournaments. He has been on the shelf the last few freestyle seasons and wants to sharpen his craft. It's not his fault Zain happens to be at them also :)

15 hours ago, Lurker said:

Well there’s two things here: 1) how can they not let him compete. It’s more or less open. If he has the desire and means to make the tournament how can they not allow it? 2) I don’t understand how if Zain is injured by another country it is what it is, but if it’s Yianni it could have been controlled?  All due respect but the makes no sense. The risk factor is there no matter the opponent or country they represent. It can’t be controlled at all. 

So did Yianni pay his own way to travel, etc?  Genuinely curious.  If not, then I could see how USA wrestling could decide who goes and who doesn’t.  

24 minutes ago, 1032004 said:

So did Yianni pay his own way to travel, etc?  Genuinely curious.  If not, then I could see how USA wrestling could decide who goes and who doesn’t.  

That’s why I added if he had the means. If USAW was paying for the trip then yes absolutely ultimate authority on who goes. But my understanding was his trip was paid for by club/sponsors. Which is pretty standard procedure. 

2 hours ago, Lurker said:

That’s why I added if he had the means. If USAW was paying for the trip then yes absolutely ultimate authority on who goes. But my understanding was his trip was paid for by club/sponsors. Which is pretty standard procedure. 

Does that violate any NCAA bylaws? Accepting club money while still NCAA eligible? Not a Cornell lawyer so I have no idea.

Just now, TBar1977 said:

Thx

Just look at all of the athletes from all of the Olympic sports who have to travel to various events.  This would include, for instance, Mark Hall going to WTT.  Those guys aren't all paying out of pocket.  

33 minutes ago, AHamilton said:

Just look at all of the athletes from all of the Olympic sports who have to travel to various events.  This would include, for instance, Mark Hall going to WTT.  Those guys aren't all paying out of pocket.  

But is that paid by USA wrestling? Certainly FLWC did not pay for our entire roster at Yasar Dogu. I am thinking USA wrestling paid for that, but maybe FLWC paid for yianni.

I know PSU guys pay their own way to opens when not wearing PSU singlet.

Edited by TBar1977

2 hours ago, TBar1977 said:

Does that violate any NCAA bylaws? Accepting club money while still NCAA eligible? Not a Cornell lawyer so I have no idea.

I'd guess the Cornell lawyers do check these things pretty carefully. ;-)

38 minutes ago, red blades said:

I'd guess the Cornell lawyers do check these things pretty carefully. ;-)

The Cornell lawyers probably do as they seem to be very involved with all things Cornell wrestling these days. 

1 hour ago, TBar1977 said:

The Cornell lawyers probably do as they seem to be very involved with all things Cornell wrestling these days. 

As opposed to Penn State in general, where they have always been pretty lax about compliance issues...

1 hour ago, red blades said:

As opposed to Penn State in general, where they have always been pretty lax about compliance issues...

Not so, they just utilize an Athletic Director and Compliance officer for such matters. Although the compliance officer has been needlessly hassled the past year by some Vodka swilling lawyer from Iowa City. 

4 hours ago, TBar1977 said:

But is that paid by USA wrestling? Certainly FLWC did not pay for our entire roster at Yasar Dogu. I am thinking USA wrestling paid for that, but maybe FLWC paid for yianni.

I know PSU guys pay their own way to opens when not wearing PSU singlet.

That's for collegiate stuff, not for "olympic sports" stuff.  The two things are viewed differently.

1 hour ago, AHamilton said:

That's for collegiate stuff, not for "olympic sports" stuff.  The two things are viewed differently.

So the Finger Lakes Wrestling arm at Cornell can fund Yianni beyond his collegiate expenses? Nice. He should travel anywhere nice that they have anything at all wrestling related. 

6 minutes ago, TBar1977 said:

So the Finger Lakes Wrestling arm at Cornell can fund Yianni beyond his collegiate expenses? Nice. He should travel anywhere nice that they have anything at all wrestling related. 

I think Gimp explained this.

The same goes for Baby Marky and all the NLWC guys.

32 minutes ago, AHamilton said:

I think Gimp explained this.

The same goes for Baby Marky and all the NLWC guys.

But we’re not talking about NLWC. We’re digging up/making up anything we can to bash someone who’s guys beat NLWC guys. Like continuously crying about lawyers in topics that have nothing to do with it. Haven’t you noticed? That’s what we do. 

Tbar 

Your just a troll period!! Your attacks on Yianni and Cornell are telling. Please get off this forum and play Xbox, or whatever you play with when you're not typing crap. True fans, or honest fans, understand that Yianni got a bad call period. If you can't see it your blind. Please stop, or I will call your mom and have her cutoff your internet. 

I will be pulling for Zain if he is OUR rep, and it won't hurt me as he is a class act just like Yianni.

23 minutes ago, Trueplayer said:

Tbar 

Your just a troll period!! Your attacks on Yianni and Cornell are telling. Please get off this forum and play Xbox, or whatever you play with when you're not typing crap. True fans, or honest fans, understand that Yianni got a bad call period. If you can't see it your blind. Please stop, or I will call your mom and have her cutoff your internet. 

I will be pulling for Zain if he is OUR rep, and it won't hurt me as he is a class act just like Yianni.

Well, we disagree about the call. I agree with what was arrived at after the review process. Prior to that there was no call that could stand since all 3 calls differed. A review was required, it came, and one of the scores prevailed. I agree with it.

You will need a direct line to God if you want to speak with my dearly departed mother. 

Glad to hear you will support Zain. 

10 hours ago, Trueplayer said:

Tbar 

What was your original screen name before you were kicked off.  Back in the basement until lunch. Sure know alot for your second post.  Another one for the ignore list.

Edited by tbert

7 hours ago, tbert said:

What was your original screen name before you were kicked off.  Back in the basement until lunch. Sure know alot for your second post.  Another one for the ignore list.

Trueplayer himself went trolling. He claimed true or honest fans know Yianni got a bad call. So by his assertion you can't be a true fan or an honest fan and think they got it right? That's a pathetic thing to believe as it leaves no room for any opinion that differs from that of Trueplayer. Who made him the voice of truth and integrity? 

Edited by TBar1977

On 5/20/2019 at 8:06 AM, Fletcher said:

You didn't read the initial post, did you?

On 7/23/2019 at 1:12 AM, Alyosha said:

Ah yes, because we all know how women so much more than men are known for their blind loyalty to sports figures. 

I agree that outcome isn’t decided, but your sexist ad hominem attack detracts from your point rather than helping it.

You are correct.  Mindlessly went sexist there when I clearly should not have.  My apologies.  Totally agree with your comments.