Crotalus

Yasar Dogu Saturday results

Is everyone sleeping in? I had to go to USA wrestling's twitter to find this morning's results.

J'den has teched his first two opponents (Kazakhstan, Algeria) 11-0 each to make the semis.

Downy lost 11-5 to Punia (India).

Snyder wins his first match (Turkey) 13-2. Gave up a takedown.

Burroughs wins his first match (Hungary) 10-0 then wins 6-4 against Slovakia. Close match. He had a takedown, two pushouts, shot clock point, and a failed challenge point but gives up a takedown and two pushouts.

Edited by Crotalus

1 hour ago, CA_Wrestler said:

Punia went up from 65 to 86 to take out Downey!!!!!

j/k

Are you sure it's the same Punia????   This was D. Punia......the really good one is Bajrank Punia (sp?)  Doesn't look like the same guy to me either.

Edited by fadzaev2

I hope Downey gets a win here. 0-2 doesnt do much for the ole confidence when youre already getting hate from the DT fans.

A win has to spark that "ok I can wrestle at this level"... guess we still have Pan Ams which a loss is devestating but a win verifies you've wrestled in the United states at some point in your life. :)

Yeah he needs a win here

4 minutes ago, cangemi said:

Nickal better reconsider weight class. JDen best we have. Looks awesome.

To be fair, these results also make Bo look damn good. He kept if far more competitive than any of JDen’s international opponents have so far.

I don’t think it’s far off to say Bo is a top 5 at 92. 

8 minutes ago, AZ_wrestling said:

To be fair, these results also make Bo look damn good. He kept if far more competitive than any of JDen’s international opponents have so far.

It is more far off to say he is top five. What results are there to make that claim, NCAA’s aside. Does he have a win over a current top 10 92’er?

12 minutes ago, AZ_wrestling said:

Losing close doesn't get you in the top 10 let alone the top 5.

3 minutes ago, Lurker said:

It is more far off to say he is top five. What results are there to make that claim, NCAA’s aside. Does he have a win over a current top 10 92’er?

Just now, wrestlingphish said:

Losing close doesn't get you in the top 10 let alone the top 5.

There’s a difference between what they should be ranked (based on results) vs how good they might actually be. 

42 minutes ago, fadzaev2 said:

Are you sure it's the same Punia????   This was D. Punia......the really good one is Bajrank Punia (sp?)  Doesn't look like the same guy to me either.

It is definitely a different Punia. That joke must have gone over my head. Not sure how good this one is.

J'den said something on his little flo-instagram clip like "This sets up well for me, it's like let em now that they don't have a chance at worlds, that's the idea right?"
Glad that he has developed this "I'm the best and you're not" mentality. It's awesome. 
Today We see. 
Yainni-Gold
Ringer-Gold
Gwiz-Silver

Tomorrow
Jmiz-Gold
Snyderman-Gold
Downey (sorry)-DNP"
Burroughs/Chamizo- Coinflip. (the 4point move that caused separation in the last match didn't sway me as much as it did everyone else who now says Burroughs has this great separation and has solved the puzzle...)
Pretty excited!

Just now, Plasmodium said:

I predict Nickal will never wrestle 92 again. :)

I was the leader of the "Cox will beat Snyder in 2020" parade, but I've since been convinced he is going 86kg. 
It's going to be a great weight to watch. 
Bo will seemingly go MMA after he fails to make the team. 
I wonder if DT has a whole 'nother cycle in him or if he turns to full time coaching and what not after Cox beats him.

1 hour ago, spladle08 said:

J'den's confidence is on 100000 and I love it. Feel like hes finally wrestling like hes capable of.

Yes...his defense and scrambling has always been world class but now his offense is on a whole new level. Maybe it’s a mentality thing too, but he’s looking incredible.