Crotalus

Yasar Dogu Saturday results

1 minute ago, NJDan said:

Can you imagine this happening at Wimbledon. The finals are scheduled. The fans are assembled. And they announce there will be no match.

Needle in the haaaaaaaaaaaay

1 minute ago, iGranby said:

Pardon my ignorance, but does the FF play into any rankings/points gamesmanship? Like, would there be no benefit for them to wrestle Yianni, win or lose? With the USA spot being up in the air I guess it just makes me more skeptical/curious about these things. 

I know ive read/heard a lot of the top-top guys dont care about points/seeding, but at a weight like 65 where there seems to be more then 2 legit title contenders I gotta think it could be more important. 

I think Punia has the top seed locked up (although I'm not certain), but regardless, I heard someone telling the ref that Ali was injured.

speaking of rough weight. 
86kg next year domestically. 
Bo knows best. 
Jmiz the wiz. 
DT the magicfan
Ringing in the new year. 
PDoverrated. 
Zahid for speed

I love it. 
and down a weight you got 
JB 2Dope
KD I'm hurt
Imart > Wally
Mekhi unexpect Noise Lewis. 

I just can't wait (to be king)

Edited by spladle08

Can you imagine this happening at Wimbledon. The finals are scheduled. The fans are assembled. And they announce there will be no match.

I get your point but this is just one match of many finals matches in a random tournament whereas Wimbledon is the biggest tennis tournament in the world with only two finals matches. It’s just not the same thing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 minute ago, Hotkarl712 said:

I get your point but this is just one match of many finals matches in a random tournament whereas Wimbledon is the biggest tennis tournament in the world with only two finals matches. It’s just not the same thing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Agreed, it's not the same. But there should be an announcement in advance and a reason given.

7 minutes ago, spladle08 said:

Does ringer win by tech.
Yay or Nay?

Based on the first takedown, probably.

Pretty lackluster day, if I'm honest.

Edit: Jesus, how do you get put on the clock, and deservedly, down 3-0 in the second period?

Edited by whaletail
update

14 minutes ago, whaletail said:

I think Punia has the top seed locked up (although I'm not certain), but regardless, I heard someone telling the ref that Ali was injured.

Ah gotcha - thank you!

1 minute ago, ugarte said:

Ringer wins easily but boringly.

I think for some of our guys that are offensive machines, it's important they know when they're still within striking range of an opponent ,and that it would be unwise tactically to continue to attack.

I think it was fairly smart of Ringer to truly shut it down that last 20 secs. 4-0, you're still a solid counter away from being straight up down by 1, down by criteria, or in a 1 point match with time left. 

As to the rest of the match - yeah, boring.

Just now, iGranby said:

I think for some of our guys that are offensive machines, it's important they know when they're still within striking range of an opponent ,and that it would be unwise tactically to continue to attack.

I think it was fairly smart of Ringer to truly shut it down that last 20 secs. 4-0, you're still a solid counter away from being straight up down by 1, down by criteria, or in a 1 point match with time left. 

As to the rest of the match - yeah, boring.

agreed - it wasn't a judgment of his strategy or anything. but i turned it on at 3-0 so it was all defense from there

Just now, ugarte said:

agreed - it wasn't a judgment of his strategy or anything. but i turned it on at 3-0 so it was all defense from there

Right, to be fair it wasnt exactly fireworks before that either. 

2 minutes ago, ugarte said:

Ringer wins easily but boringly.

Yeah, I didn't really glean much from that match.  Confirms yet again, Ringer's huge (yuge?), and a beast.

And Eastern European wrestling federations must campaign ceaselessly for 1 minute periods (and no more than two of them).  I'm not sure why they don't just work on their stamina, but I hope they don't suddenly start.

29 minutes ago, spladle08 said:

speaking of rough weight. 
86kg next year domestically. 
Bo knows best. 
Jmiz the wiz. 
DT the magicfan
Ringing in the new year. 
PDoverrated. 
Zahid for speed

I love it. 
and down a weight you got 
JB 2Dope
KD I'm hurt
Imart > Wally
Mekhi unexpect Noise Lewis. 

I just can't wait (to be king)

I hope J’Den goes up. I want to see Sadulaev beat. 

Edited by AZ_wrestling