Crotalus

Yasar Dogu Saturday results

Just now, AZ_wrestling said:

I hope J’Den goes up. I want to see Sadulaev beat. 

Don't tease me with fun hypotheticals. 
The fact that him and Snyder are constantly training together makes me think he is going down.
But maybe not, but maybe so. I have no idea, I used to think he was too big, but now.... 

If Gwiz can hold off the early storm, and Akgul doesn't improve his stamina at all then I think it's a winnable match for Gwiz honestly. Gotta wear him out in the first. 

Akgul is technically superior though, and a better athlete. Which is something Gwiz essentially never has to deal with as he is a great athlete himself. 

It was cool seeing the crowd get animated for their guy in any case.

that was a dominant performance from akgul. wow. he did not seem worried at all for even a second. still, a good flexible move to grab the ankle and elevate himself to get a point by gwiz. 

9 minutes ago, spladle08 said:

The fact that him and Snyder are constantly training together makes me think he is going down.
But maybe not, but maybe so. I have no idea, I used to think he was too big, but now.... 

Yeah I was convinced he was going to 97 after the rule change but I’m not so sure anymore. Guess we’ll see. 

10 minutes ago, spladle08 said:

Maybe I'm crazy, but I think the J'den we've seen lately could potentially beat Snyder, and I think I might even pick him to win.  Especially if the extra muscle doesn't hurt his speed.

9 minutes ago, iGranby said:

If Gwiz can hold off the early storm, and Akgul doesn't improve his stamina at all then I think it's a winnable match for Gwiz honestly. Gotta wear him out in the first. 

Akgul is technically superior though, and a better athlete. Which is something Gwiz essentially never has to deal with as he is a great athlete himself. 

It was cool seeing the crowd get animated for their guy in any case.

i didn't see anything in that match that would lead me to believe gwiz will ever beat akgul... levels to this game

2 minutes ago, whaletail said:

Maybe I'm crazy, but I think the J'den we've seen lately could potentially beat Snyder, and I think I might even pick him to win.  Especially if the extra muscle doesn't hurt his speed.

I keep seeing people say this. Maybe I'm crazy, but I don't think J'den beating guys in a lighter, easier weight class means he's going to be able to bump up and do the same thing to Snyder/Sadulaev, who both basically only lose to each other. 

1 minute ago, jsmalls131313 said:

I keep seeing people say this. Maybe I'm crazy, but I don't think J'den beating guys in a lighter, easier weight class means he's going to be able to bump up and do the same thing to Snyder/Sadulaev, who both basically only lose to each other. 

sadulaev only has lost to snyder...

snyder has lost to a bunch (respectively) in his international career...

5 minutes ago, jsmalls131313 said:

Didn't Sadulaev do just that.

19 minutes ago, sisi said:

Didn't Sadulaev do just that.

23 minutes ago, LJB said:

sadulaev only has lost to snyder...

snyder has lost to a bunch (respectively) in his international career...

Sadulaev has only lost to Snyder at any weight class. 

Jden didn't even place at last years Yasar Dogu at 92kg. 

Id love to see J'den take home an Olympic gold like Snyder has, but there is no one on his recent resume that makes me think hes going to be able to bump up and take out Snyder, let alone the Tank. 

17 minutes ago, jsmalls131313 said:

Sadulaev has only lost to Snyder at any weight class. 

Jden didn't even place at last years Yasar Dogu at 92kg. 

Id love to see J'den take home an Olympic gold like Snyder has, but there is no one on his recent resume that makes me think hes going to be able to bump up and take out Snyder, let alone the Tank. 

clearly, cox has a better chance at 86 than 97... putting on weight takes too long for your body to adjust and maintain any real kind of stamina and body awareness to compete against the absolute best... history has shown a full year minimum... 

but, is there anyway cox could go back down to 86 for same day 2 day weigh ins?

seems sketchy at best...

3 minutes ago, alliseeisgold said:

anybody see downeys first match it looked like he gassed. Was a big 4 point move then he started coming back got within 3 and had the leg of punia and then just gassed seemingly.  

i watched it a little bit ago and his performance was not as bad as i expected by the score... he was in that match till very late... 

and yes, he looked tired at the end of the match, but, again... that could have been nerves... or a big effort late trying to do something...

i'll withhold any real judgement until tommorrow...

1 hour ago, whaletail said:

Isn't that Opan Sat?

Definitely looks like him, and is the right size.  If so, he's really good.

Yes.  After transferring to Turkey his name got changed.   The name basically means Ghenghis Khan.   Pretty sweet if you ask me. 

Edited by MadMardigain

16 minutes ago, LJB said:

clearly, cox has a better chance at 86 than 97... putting on weight takes too long for your body to adjust and maintain any real kind of stamina and body awareness to compete against the absolute best... history has shown a full year minimum... 

but, is there anyway cox could go back down to 86 for same day 2 day weigh ins?

seems sketchy at best...

I hadn't even considered Sadulaev, and since J'den's looking to win worlds, 86 has to be the better option.

I'm just not sure how he makes it, and still wrestles well the same day.  Weren't there day before weigh-ins in Rio?

Although an unpopular opinion here in the states, I fear Sadulaev is a level above Snyder.  Even if last year's world final was a bit flukey, Sadulaev was hunting for that arm all tournament, and I imagine Snyder was aware of that.  Maybe Snyder can wear him out again, but I'm doubtful. 

1 hour ago, LJB said:

i didn't see anything in that match that would lead me to believe gwiz will ever beat akgul... levels to this game

Fair enough, I still stick by the thought that Gwiz could create a scenario that makes the match winnable - but I dont think youre wrong either. Akgul allowed that to be a 5-1 match, couldve turned it up more in the 1st and got the tech maybe. 

8 minutes ago, whaletail said:

I hadn't even considered Sadulaev, and since J'den's looking to win worlds, 86 has to be the better option.

I'm just not sure how he makes it, and still wrestles well the same day.  Weren't there day before weigh-ins in Rio?

Although an unpopular opinion here in the states, I fear Sadulaev is a level above Snyder.  Even if last year's world final was a bit flukey, Sadulaev was hunting for that arm all tournament, and I imagine Snyder was aware of that.  Maybe Snyder can wear him out again, but I'm doubtful. 

i don't disagree with any of this...

3 minutes ago, iGranby said:

Fair enough, I still stick by the thought that Gwiz could create a scenario that makes the match winnable - but I dont think youre wrong either. Akgul allowed that to be a 5-1 match, couldve turned it up more in the 1st and got the tech maybe. 

hey, i appreciate your optimism, but, akgul has gwiz covered everywhere... and that is not disparaging to gwiz... akgul is just really, really good...

1 minute ago, LJB said:

hey, i appreciate your optimism, but, akgul has gwiz covered everywhere... and that is not disparaging to gwiz... akgul is just really, really good...

Yeah I gotcha - nothing wrong with your point/view at all.