Crotalus

Yasar Dogu Saturday results

55 minutes ago, LJB said:

you are exactly right... bajrang is not "anyone in the world"...

he is just the #1 ranked wrestler at 65 in the world...

but, whatever...

surely it was a fluke...

regardless, yianni has beaten the #1 wrestler in the world (whatever the circumstances)... then goes to yasar dogu, his first international senior level tourney,  and gets gold (whatever the circumstances)...

he is without a doubt our only shot at a world medal at 65 right now...

#1 ranked based on points.  How many times has he won worlds?

1 minute ago, AHamilton said:

none...

how many times has the kid who beat him won senior worlds?

56 minutes ago, LJB said:

you are exactly right... bajrang is not "anyone in the world"...

he is just the #1 ranked wrestler at 65 in the world...

but, whatever...

surely it was a fluke...

regardless, yianni has beaten the #1 wrestler in the world (whatever the circumstances)... then goes to yasar dogu, his first international senior level tourney,  and gets gold (whatever the circumstances)...

he is without a doubt our only shot at a world medal at 65 right now...

... how can he be our only shot at a World medal when he can't even make the team? (and I would like to see him do so)

I understand you're wanting to prove the point that "points are meaningless" however he was the World Silver Medalist, last year and has had a pretty stellar last 2 years

Just now, spladle08 said:
2 minutes ago, AHamilton said:

I understand you're wanting to prove the point "that points are meaningless" however he was the World Silver Medalist, last year and has had a pretty stellar last 2 years

No... I agree with you that he is a stud.  I don't disagree that points are important.  He is likely the second best wrestler in the world last year.  But he has been very busy, whereas the Japanese gentleman has not been... thus the points.

I just don't think you can call someone the "best in the world" unless they win the tournament at least once.

Lol this argument is silly.

I prefer Yainni to Zain because I feel he has more upside (I'll always see Zain as Metcalf)

They both have a shot at a medal. But my gut says Yainni would medal more times than Metcalf Jr. (Who's style just doesnt lend itself to consistent success IMO)

I'm hoping for a 3rd final X match. I'll cheer on wherever we send.

Blah blah blah bring on Chamizo vs Burroughs

9 minutes ago, LJB said:

first and foremost, looking to social media to help substantiate a point is a fool's errand...

look at this BBS for example...

so, answer these questions...

who initiated the action?

was momentum stopped?

was there a change in direction?

just answer them and we will continue after that...

I don't need to answer them.  I could post three videos of Wright, Crutchmer and Heflin where Downey was awarded points and all three of them violate your criteria  Downey initiated the throw that exposed Punia's back and the momentum and change of direction criteria are bewildering criteria, to say the least.  And, I'm not looking to social media for anything, but there are a lot of opinions and explanations there.  All of them can't be completely void of knowing the rules. 

No... I agree with you that he is a stud.  I don't disagree that points are important.  He is likely the second best wrestler in the world last year.  But he has been very busy, whereas the Japanese gentleman has not been... thus the points.
I just don't think you can call someone the "best in the world" unless they win the tournament at least once.
Oh roger that, I havent been keeping up with the back and forth, I just glanced and figured it was something like "Zain has no chance and Yainni is 80%"....

Which is silly. Yianni was in danger of being teched multiple times vs Musakaev who I wouldnt expect to medal... the weight is deep and either guy will need a solid draw and probably a sexy upset to medal. The finals (for me) seem like an almost impossible thought for either of them... but given a really fortunate draw and the perfect match vs an elite opponent... lightening could strike. It's just a deep as$ weight and you'll likely have to beat 2+ hammers to have a chance at beating a 3rd in the finals. Seems unreasonable .

4 minutes ago, Blue Dragons said:

I don't need to answer them.  I could post three videos of Wright, Crutchmer and Heflin where Downey was awarded points and all three of them violate your criteria  Downey initiated the throw that exposed Punia's back and the momentum and change of direction criteria are bewildering criteria, to say the least.  And, I'm not looking to social media for anything, but there are a lot of opinions and explanations there.  All of them can't be completely void of knowing the rules. 

not to rain on parades...

but those matches were in the USA, reffed by USA people...

2 minutes ago, spladle08 said:

Oh roger that, I havent been keeping up with the back and forth, I just glanced and figured it was something like "Zain has no chance and Yainni is 80%"....

Which is silly. Yianni was in danger of being teched multiple times vs Musakaev who I wouldnt expect to medal... the weight is deep and either guy will need a solid draw and probably a sexy upset to medal. The finals (for me) seem like an almost impossible thought for either of them... but given a really fortunate draw and the perfect match vs an elite opponent... lightening could strike. It's just a deep as$ weight and you'll likely have to beat 2+ hammers to have a chance at beating a 3rd in the finals. Seems unreasonable .

OK.  Thanks for being rational.  I also am a big time Yianni supporter, but do not think he has yet demonstrated infallibility.

17 minutes ago, Blue Dragons said:

i missed this because of nerd's silliness...

anyway...

just answer the questions and we will go from there...

because those questions are the questions that officials are looking at...

which is all that really matters...

1 hour ago, LJB said:

YOU'RE MY BOY BLUE!!!

thanks for editing and posting the vid to prove my point...

LJB that was definitely points for Downey, maybe it was points for Punia as well but no doubt Downey scored on that exchange...

Edited by CrewWrestling

1 hour ago, CrewWrestling said:

LJB that was definitely points for Downey, maybe it was points for Punia as well but no doubt Downey scored on that exchange...

Punia was about to score on Downey, so Downey grabbed Punia and rolled without either stopping Punia's momentum or changing his direction. As I understand the rules, that should not be points for Downey.

Edited by Katie