The way J den dominating. Can't stop from thinking Nickal was more competitive then any of them he wrestled.

Nickal Weighed in 10 lbs less.

Lot people saying Nickal will be MMA . I have to think at 190 he's in the hunt for 2020 Olympics year away.

Taylor, JDen, Nickal  lot of  depth

7 hours ago, cangemi said:

The way J den dominating. Can't stop from thinking Nickal was more competitive then any of them he wrestled.

Nickal Weighed in 10 lbs less.

Lot people saying Nickal will be MMA . I have to think at 190 he's in the hunt for 2020 Olympics year away.

Taylor, JDen, Nickal  lot of  depth

Throw in ringer, who damn well could be a world champ by then. Now imagine that Dake decides to go 189... could be four world champs in one weight. Plus zahid, hall, and Nickal. 

30 minutes ago, Cradle1 said:

Throw in ringer, who damn well could be a world champ by then. Now imagine that Dake decides to go 189... could be four world champs in one weight. Plus zahid, hall, and Nickal. 

I agree with pretty much everything everybody here said and I know you were waiting on my approval. However, in Bo's case, he's not beating David Taylor or Jden Cox. I do think if Jden were to cut to 86 Bo has a small chance because it's a huge cut for Cox. He's obviously not going to beatCox or Kyle up at 97 and in non-olympic years he's also got no shot at beating Cox at 92. After watching everybody that was in Turkey, I think Jden looks like the best pound-for-pound wrestler in America.

8 hours ago, scramble said:

I think we have several weights where our #2 could be a medal threat.  I think BO is one of them. 

At 86 maybe. No way Bo can give up that much weight and strength at the world level. Even Sadulaev struggled with that. 

I agree with everything about JDen. Look like are best American wrester.That said Your not same wrester after 20 lbs lower. Bo was completely out horsed. 20 lbs lower after cut???

Still would go In mho

JDen, Taylor, Bo

With all having chance outside chance or not. When people post no chance. I think with these three who I believe all 3 are special , pretty foolish say no chance.

Make me actually hate the Olympic weights even more.

55 minutes ago, cangemi said:

i have hated them since they whittled them down

even before, i know conspiracy theories are frowned on, but it almost seemed they were out to get Mc and kolat when they changed them the first time this century

Edited by GockeS

I agree with everything about JDen. Look like are best American wrester.That said Your not same wrester after 20 lbs lower. Bo was completely out horsed. 20 lbs lower after cut???
Still would go In mho
JDen, Taylor, Bo
With all having chance outside chance or not. When people post no chance. I think with these three who I believe all 3 are special , pretty foolish say no chance.

It's only 6 kg which is about 13 lbs fyi.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

DT has got to be irate with all the fantasy cred that Bo is getting. Not only is he being considered a medal contender, but he also has to be in consideration for top 5 pound-for-pound MMA fighters. We might as well already throw him in the discussion for most dominate performance at the Spanish Grand Prix.

Edited by Chet
Spelling error.

7 hours ago, Chet said:

DT has got to be irate with all the fantasy cred that Bo is getting. Not only is he being considered a medal contender, but he also has to be in consideration for top 5 pound-for-pound MMA fighters. We might as well already throw him in the discussion for most dominate performance at the Spanish Grand Prix.

Bo is the new Pico. He just wins at fantasy matchups. 

37 minutes ago, cjc007 said:

It's a glorified JV tournament.

That's a poor way of putting it in my mind.  I never looked at Espoir's as a JV tournament, I never looked at Fargo as a JV tournament.....or Flo Nationals, or any of those...the all-time greats all went thru these tournaments on their way to greatness, and the competition in them is far better than a JV tournament.  I still think back, as an example....Junior Nationals....Alan Fried (Lakewood St. Edwards), freshman  year.....Had Tom and Terry Brands, as well as Lincoln McIlravy in his POOL, and won his first junior national title....JV tournament????  Not in my mind...just my take.

That's a poor way of putting it in my mind.  I never looked at Espoir's as a JV tournament, I never looked at Fargo as a JV tournament.....or Flo Nationals, or any of those...the all-time greats all went thru these tournaments on their way to greatness, and the competition in them is far better than a JV tournament.  I still think back, as an example....Junior Nationals....Alan Fried (Lakewood St. Edwards), freshman  year.....Had Tom and Terry Brands, as well as Lincoln McIlravy in his POOL, and won his first junior national title....JV tournament????  Not in my mind...just my take.

I'm glad they have U23's, but let's be honest. It's not that big of a deal domestically or internationally.

It's an age group tournament for guys like Bo Nickal and Richie Lewis who can't break through on the Senior Level.

Yeah U23 just seems pointless to me. A lot of guys are in their prime at 23 and think of how many senior champs there have been younger than that. I don’t think they should do anything past U18 or maybe U20. If they do, just make it second string for all ages. Why exclude someone like Ringer who’s not much older and is only not on the world team because of ridiculously good people at his weight

I think, over time, U23's could become more and more important.  For many countries, including ourselves, across a handful of weight classes, the 2nd best at the weight has a very good chance at being U23 eligible.  This then gives these wrestlers fantastic international experience that they would have not otherwise gained, sitting on the "bench".  Sure, they're National Team Members (in the case of Bo Nickal), but folks like Kollin Moore benefited greatly from his Junior and U23 experiences (in my opinion).  

But anyway, there's always someone willing to complain.  Ironic that this time it's "too much wrestling" and the "quality isn't good".  Meh... whatevs...

5 hours ago, cjc007 said:

It's a glorified JV tournament.

I think that's a pretty foolish/narrow view.  There's real talent at this tournament.  There are many more quality champs than there are Richie Lewis'.  

What better way to simulate a world championship?  Here are some of the guys that competed in U23's last year: 

Idrisov -- wins U23's last year, wins Russian nationals this year.  
Rei Higuchi -- doesn't need an introduction.
David Baev -- 2nd at U23's last year, wins Russian nationals this year. 
Salkazanov -- just took 3rd at Dogu.
A. Kentchadze -- senior world silver, plenty of other senior level accomplishments. 
N. Kentchadze -- senior Euro bronze.  
Ghasempour -- senior Asian champ, now ranked top 5 in the world.  
Naifonov -- senior Euro champ.  Plenty of senior level accomplishments.  Russian nationals champ.  
Suleymanov -- ranked top 10 at the senior level. 
Zubairov -- just took 3rd at Dogu.  
Matcharashvilli -- senior Euro silver.
Gamidov -- Russian nationals runner-up.
Shabani -- just teched Alborov and took Snyder down to the wire.  

Is Nickal too good for this tournament?  Because every one of these guys is more credentialed than he is at this point.  

I think that's a pretty foolish/narrow view.  There's real talent at this tournament.  There are many more quality champs than there are Richie Lewis'.  
What better way to simulate a world championship?  Here are some of the guys that competed in U23's last year: 
Idrisov -- wins U23's last year, wins Russian nationals this year.  
Rei Higuchi -- doesn't need an introduction.
David Baev -- 2nd at U23's last year, wins Russian nationals this year. 
Salkazanov -- just took 3rd at Dogu.
A. Kentchadze -- senior world silver, plenty of other senior level accomplishments. 
N. Kentchadze -- senior Euro bronze.  
Ghasempour -- senior Asian champ, now ranked top 5 in the world.  
Naifonov -- senior Euro champ.  Plenty of senior level accomplishments.  Russian nationals champ.  
Suleymanov -- ranked top 10 at the senior level. 
Zubairov -- just took 3rd at Dogu.  
Matcharashvilli -- senior Euro silver.
Gamidov -- Russian nationals runner-up.
Shabani -- just teched Alborov and took Snyder down to the wire.  

Is Nickal too good for this tournament?  Because every one of these guys is more credentialed than he is at this point.  
Nickal isn't too good for this tournament. It fits him well because after all he's JV on the US Team. It will be good for him. Maybe he could go 97, because he is better than Saduleav and Snyder per the psu fans.

2 hours ago, cjc007 said:

Nickal isn't too good for this tournament. It fits him well because after all he's JV on the US Team. It will be good for him. Maybe he could go 97, because he is better than Saduleav and Snyder per the psu fans.

To me, he's not JV on the U.S. team, he's the no. 2 man on the U.S. "ladder".