6 minutes ago, Ogalthorpe Haywood said:

He’s been pretty clear that he’s transitioning to mma following the 2020 Olympics. So your prediction is something that Bo himself has said.

I feel like he's kind of an Ed Ruth right now.  Full of potential but he's got one foot in and one foot out, regardless of what he says.  

I think maybe people are not fully bought into just how good a lot of our #2's are. It is almost like we only have one guy who people think can medal which means if our number 2 can't start then "they aren't ready for the big stage".  It simply isn't true anymore.  I picked Cox to beat nickal and  didn't think there was much of a chance for any other result.  However, that doesn't mean Bo isn't world class or couldn't medal.  I think he is that good.  He just happens to have to beat out the best guy in the world to get his shot. So if he is top 5 that isn't good enough to make the world team.  It does not mean however that he can't beat some of the best in the world.  Same with I-mar, zahid, hall, ringer, Gable, etc. I think a lot of those guys could make noise on the world stage.  They just can't break into the team right now... (Still waiting on ringer)
It's one thing to praise the back ups, it's another to predict they'll pin Snyder and Saduleav.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

3 hours ago, misterc said:

I feel like he's kind of an Ed Ruth right now.  Full of potential but he's got one foot in and one foot out, regardless of what he says.  

Perhaps he knows his efforts won’t be good enough right now and he’s not willing to stick around the next cycle when he can make more money in mma. At least Ruth made a world team, Bo just happens to be behind world champs everywhere he looks. 

14 hours ago, cjc007 said:

It's one thing to praise the back ups, it's another to predict they'll pin Snyder and Saduleav.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

Yeah, I hear ya and agree.  I just talk those comments up to people who really don't have an in depth understanding of it all.  Most likely those who are new to following the senior level with not as much history knowledge of the international level.