2 minutes ago, NJDan said:

Downey loses by 7-6 after being up 6-2. Once his man bun unraveled, so did he.

Looking at the positives, he obviously could/should have won that match, he kept his composure, and will almost certainly continue improving in the runup to worlds.  

That said, I couldn't believe he gave up the td that made it 6-4, and his late match management reminded me way too much of some of my own performances, and that ain't good.

7 minutes ago, whaletail said:

Looking at the positives, he obviously could/should have won that match, he kept his composure, and will almost certainly continue improving in the runup to worlds.  

That said, I couldn't believe he gave up the td that made it 6-4, and his late match management reminded me way too much of some of my own performances, and that ain't good.

He seems strange to me. I wish him well, but he looks bored on the mat and does not attack his opponent's legs. Also, I would doubt he can attract sponsors.

Edited by NJDan

2 minutes ago, NJDan said:

He seems strange to me. I wish him well, but he looks bored on the mat and does not attack his opponent's legs. Also, I would doubt he can attract sponsors.

Yeah, but he's really interesting...

Cox is out there sending messages domestically and abroad. Hope he keeps this up through worlds.

Snyder looked like Snyder, he usually wins the close ones. Will be interested in him vs Sadulaev as will everyone else.

Shame JB/Chamizo didnt happen.

Downey, fabric softener