Housebuye

What we learned at Dogu

1 hour ago, Ogalthorpe Haywood said:

Why? He was beaten at the Final X. Don’t you think the winner of that should be our rep? Or do you think we should change the procedure of picking our team?

Pure silliness, Yianni definitely won match #2 in that series. The overwhelming majority of people realize this and believe Yianni got hosed. But keep on believing this nonsense...

1 hour ago, CrewWrestling said:

Pure silliness, Yianni definitely won match #2 in that series. The overwhelming majority of people realize this and believe Yianni got hosed. But keep on believing this nonsense...

You are wrong, Zain got his hand raised twice and is our 65kg world team rep. Go back and watch the match, I promise Zain gets his hand raised and is awarded the plaque 

2 hours ago, GockeS said:

i agree and this is why we need to add in a bad time rule.

again i dont care who wins... but to change the score after wrestling the match with no recourse is bull.

I’m fine if they change the rule to add time but as of right now that is not the case therefore Zain won everybody needs to just get over it. 

2 hours ago, CrewWrestling said:

Truth is Yianni won that match and is actually now at a 3-1 advantage in the Zain series. 

You're off your meds there, squirrel.

Or you're on them and didn't read the fine print. Not supposed to mix with alcohol.

Downey was in both his matches and frankly, the reason he lost is he got out toughed. At the end of both of those matches he lacked alot of the folkstyle grit and conditioning we as americans are supposed to have. Downey is gonna be in a large pool of mediocre wrestlers who all could battle for a bronze. If Downey wins the close ones; cause he will have alot of them, he could pull out a bronze. But betting odds are not in his favor.

Has Green been the same since he had surgery on his knee or leg ?? He used to be a shoe in for a low medal, but past few years he has been a shoe in for the opposite. Odds are he doesn't medal this downward trend from Green has been obvious for awhile now and why I was hoping Nolf would take his spot. 

Griz I feel like isn't a shoe in for a bronze. There's a top 2 and then a few guys Griz is in the mix with for 3rd that he can definately lose too if he matches up with draws not as lucky.

You're off your meds there, squirrel.
Or you're on them and didn't read the fine print. Not supposed to mix with alcohol.
By controlling the random draw, God let the wrestling decide who is the better man.

There was no need for a cheat review to steal the victory away from the true Victor Yianni.

Besides, Yianni had more fun out there then Zain. It's as simple as that!

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

42 minutes ago, Perry said:

If we have Yianni and DT in our line up we contend with russia. With zain/downey we are competing for 2nd.

Actually I'd just say replace downey with DT OR bo nickal and we are in contention. Even with Zain. The Zain/Yianni difference is not nearly what DT and Bo Nickal are with downey. USA ideal lineup for max potential with dts injury would have been nickal, nolf, and yianni.  Thanks again, Cael. Love - russia

fix can do some damage though, I'm excited he is in.

9 minutes ago, alliseeisgold said:

Actually I'd just say replace downey with DT OR bo nickal and we are in contention. Even with Zain. The Zain/Yianni difference is not nearly what DT and Bo Nickal are with downey. USA ideal lineup for max potential with dts injury would have been nickal, nolf, and yianni.  Thanks again, Cael. Love - russia

fix can do some damage though, I'm excited he is in.

Nolf where?  Over JB? over Green?  If over Green what results would put him ahead of a multi time world medalist?

Nolf I can't say is experienced enough to be a guaranteed shoe in to do better than Green at worlds but at least he has a chance. That training camp would of helped him immensely and who knows hoe good he would of been by the time worlds came around ? He's still very young in freestyle now. And this is not the Green that's medaled at worlds in the past. He's done. Nolf at least gave us a potential shot and would of got valuable experience for the future. 

The real travesty though is nickal. 

Edited by alliseeisgold

8 minutes ago, alliseeisgold said:

Nolf I can't say is experienced enough to be a guaranteed shoe in to do better than Green at worlds but at least he has a chance. That training camp would of helped him immensely and who knows hoe good he would of been by the time worlds came around ? He's still very young in freestyle now. And this is not the Green that's medaled at worlds in the past. He's done. Nolf at least gave us a potential shot and would of got valuable experience for the future. 

The real travesty though is nickal. 

I understand the pessimism about Green...Especially after this weekend, but this is still 2017 world silver medalist and 2015 world bronze medalist James Green.  I want him on the team over a green (no pun intended but thats a decent joke for a Sunday afternoon am I right?) Nolf or even Deakin...are they the future of this weight class?  Maybe.  But it's still JG being a cut above the rest.

4 hours ago, tbert said:

Cant dispute that,  Koll sucks for sure. 

Go back to folkstyle, this is  too advanced for you.

...or keep repeating yourself, maybe in 50 years they will change that rule too.

lol

yes oh high and mighty troll

2 hours ago, Ogalthorpe Haywood said:

I’m fine if they change the rule to add time but as of right now that is not the case therefore Zain won everybody needs to just get over it. 

im not worried about this cycle...im worried about the next one.

4 hours ago, tbert said:

Cant dispute that,  Koll sucks for sure. 

Go back to folkstyle, this is  too advanced for you.

...or keep repeating yourself, maybe in 50 years they will change that rule too.

so you missed this post? 

at fargo yesterday they re wrestled the last 23 seconds of a match. 

they can do it at that level, but not on the biggest stage?

#6) :23 Gets Put Back On The Clock

null

0:00 / 0:00

Returning Runner-Up Manny Rojas (MI) was in a wild scramble at the end. After review, :23 were re-wrestled and Rojas moved on.

Edited 4 hours ago by GockeS

4 hours ago, sisi said:

What we learned is that we got a great team and we are right there with Russia.  

Ten years ago we were just an after thought on the world stage but USA wrestling has come back.

Didn’t we learn this two years ago when they beat Russia? 

Speaking of the Olympic trials remember a few years ago the IOC was going to remove wrestling from the olympics? 

Yet keep, BMX, golf, trampoline, synchronized swimming ( now "artistic" swimming) et al?

That would have been blasphemy. Wrestling is one of the first sports ever and a cornerstone of the olympics. 

I remember seething in anger when I heard about  it and writing a bunch of angry emails to various olympic S%%%heads. 

1 hour ago, GockeS said:

so you missed this post? 

at fargo yesterday they re wrestled the last 23 seconds of a match. 

they can do it at that level, but not on the biggest stage?

#6) :23 Gets Put Back On The Clock

null

Well  there is your solid evidence when you present your case before the UWW for bad time.   Cant lose with that evidence from Fargo.     Hope they dont put you through the wood chipper.

Returning Runner-Up Manny Rojas (MI) was in a wild scramble at the end. After review, :23 were re-wrestled and Rojas moved on.

Edited 4 hours ago by GockeS