Housebuye

What we learned at Dogu

65 KG - Yianni, if he is the world team member (could be with either the appeal or Zain injury) has an outside shot at gold. His craziness works against world medalist threats. We didn’t learn anything about Zain unfortunately. Hope he is alright. 

70 KG - Green is pretty unlikely to medal it seems. He has taken losses to guys he shouldn’t. Hoping he turns it around, but I went from pencilling him in for 5th or 3rd place points to DNP. We need him to score some points to win worlds. The good news is the weight is a bit weaker than expected. 

74 KG - JB looked like he has for a couple years. He doesn’t have the same pop but he keeps improving. He will be on the same side as Sidakov. If he wins that, he wins worlds I think. I think he wins a bronze at worst. 

79 KG - Ringer looked excellent. Whoever our world team rep is has a good shot at gold, especially with Russia falling apart here and it being a non Olympic weight. It would be crazy for Ringer to win gold...we would then have another world gold trying to win the 86 kg spot in 2020  

86 KG - I thinking downey has improved. He has two tough matches against guys he could see at worlds. While neither is likely to medal, I wouldn’t be shocked if either of those matches were a bronze match if he gets the right draw. It is still very unlikely for Downey to medal, and he is probably out 4th or 5th best guy at 86, but a lot can happen for a talented athlete like Downey being focused for the first time in his career. We need at least 1 win from him to stay in title contention. Going 0-1 isn’t an option  

92 KG - wow. Killed everyone and didn’t give up a point. This weight is also not great this year. Jden I expect will win gold, which would be incredibly impressive, putting him at 4 medals in a row. There is a fairly large drop off from 3 to 4 medals and from 1 to 2 gold. 

97 KG - Snyder always gets challenged at these tournaments. His weight was fairly good and he wasn’t at much risk of losing, although he was challenged. I’m skeptical anyone can beat Sadulaev if Sadulaev is at his best, but if he is not Snyder is the guy to beat him (cardio for days, big strength advantage, quick finishes...if he can tire Sadulaev he can win)

125 KG - Gwiz was outclassed but he performed way better than the last time he wrestled Aghul. Taha is absolutely amazing. His reattacks for a guy his size are mind blowing. I think Gwiz has dramatically improved his late match tactics and is all but a lock for world bronze unless he gets a terrible draw. I think there are only 2 guys who beat him most of the time.

That match gave me less confidence overall in my dear sweet sweet Yianni.

Musukaev is a fine wrestler, but man there are some hammers out there and he isn't one I had penciled in....
I know we've seen Yainni get one off Bajrang but man.

This weight just has too many opportunities to lose.

I dont think any wrestler in the weight is greater than 15% to win it. Draw is going to be soooo important

Housebuy:  nice work.  My only disagreement is your thought KS needs Sadulaev to have a bad day for him to win.  I think they are close and Snyder has enough utopia get it done, bad day or not.

Housebuy:  nice work.  My only disagreement is your thought KS needs Sadulaev to have a bad day for him to win.  I think they are close and Snyder has enough utopia get it done, bad day or not.
No disrespect to the boy king. But I personally feel (moving forward, please dont bring up the past), Snyder loses to someone from "the field" more often than he beats Sadulaev.

Yeah, he could catch lightening in a bottle, but he could also be grappling for bronze.

I'm excited for the matchup either way

no one learned that yanni is an easy tech for someone in shape?
That's essentially what I was getting at.
Squeaker over Bajrang and then that vulnerability vs Musukaev, in no way makes me have confidence in him medaling. There are some tough SOBs here.

6 minutes ago, Ogalthorpe Haywood said:

Why? He was beaten at the Final X. Don’t you think the winner of that should be our rep? Or do you think we should change the procedure of picking our team?

I think the officials should have gotten the second match right and let things play out as they should in match 3 (which Yianni just won, granted on a different date)

6 minutes ago, Perry said:

I think the officials should have gotten the second match right and let things play out as they should in match 3 (which Yianni just won, granted on a different date)

Zain won match two.

Won the series 2-0.

Learn to read, bruv.

1 minute ago, Perry said:

They did get it right, that’s why they went back 50 seconds so they made sure they got it right. The refs didn’t go back and look because of the brick, they did because 2 out of 3 didn’t agree. After review it was 2 Zain

8 minutes ago, Ogalthorpe Haywood said:

They did get it right, that’s why they went back 50 seconds so they made sure they got it right. The refs didn’t go back and look because of the brick, they did because 2 out of 3 didn’t agree. After review it was 2 Zain

i agree and this is why we need to add in a bad time rule.

again i dont care who wins... but to change the score after wrestling the match with no recourse is bull.

What gockes said 100%. Yianni was winning the last 60 seconds of the match and wrestled accordingly. To take that away after the fact is garbage and non Penn state Homer's generally seem to agree. Yianni is better than zain who will not medal imo. We need to send out best team and unfortunately for retherford he's realistically not that guy

7 minutes ago, GockeS said:

i agree and this is why we need to add in a bad time rule.

again i dont care who wins... but to change the score after wrestling the match with no recourse is bull.

You never give up on the bad time do ya

you never give up on your irrational hatred of koll...

hmmm 

so we have something in common.

well not really, you hate someone

i hate that people arent given a fair playing field 

at fargo yesterday they re wrestled the last 23 seconds of a match. 

they can do it at that level, but not on the biggest stage?

#6) :23 Gets Put Back On The Clock

null

0:00 / 0:00

Returning Runner-Up Manny Rojas (MI) was in a wild scramble at the end. After review, :23 were re-wrestled and Rojas moved on.

Edited by GockeS

1 minute ago, GockeS said:

you never give up on your irrational hatred of koll...

hmmm 

so we have something in common.

Cant dispute that,  Koll sucks for sure. 

Go back to folkstyle, this is  too advanced for you.

...or keep repeating yourself, maybe in 50 years they will change that rule too.